First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok so just drove it, it still does it. A bit less but still present. Seems to be mainly from a dead stop and hard acceleration. 4H behaves the same and pulls left.
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s a bunch of lift. I’m going to also say it’s likely cv joint / and or spline engagement depth related effecting ability to travel in and out of the diff through suspension travel.

OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s a bunch of lift. I’m going to also say it’s likely cv joint / and or spline engagement depth related effecting ability to travel in and out of the diff through suspension travel.
Dumb this down for me. I speak dog not off-road cars just yet.

Ford Bronco Help!!! Kings made my steering wonky. IMG_6649

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dumb this down for me. I speak dog not off-road cars just yet.

IMG_6649.jpeg
If a cv joint was damaged / pulled partially out of socket during shock installation (easy to do when taking short cuts) the axle assembly is actually longer now. It can only stab into the differential so deep before binding and causing vibrations etc. Hard acceleration on a damaged cv could as it’s coming apart be trying to make the shaft longer thus deeper (too deep) in the diff.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm thinking if your able to engage the front locker and jack it up so the left front is off the ground. Shouldn't be able to spin it if everything is working properly.

OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have same exact setup as far as shocks and UCA and none of the issues you are feeling if that’s any help
I was hoping you’d chime in. Been following your build and your YouTube channel and you were the reason I went with this set up. I’m getting pretty frustrated trying to figure this out. I take it back to the place who installed both our suspension next week. The owner just kept attributing it to torque steer due to the lighter wheels.

OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd bet $100 they damaged a CV.
Well shoot… the worst part is I’ll have to drive 2.5 hours to confirm and then probably another trip to have them replace it after it’s ordered. I hope my car doesn’t blow up. This blows.

everyone’s help and input has been amazing.

Anyone know any Orange County ca shops that could help so I don’t need to go to Chula Vista several more times?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP Do you have the ability to jack it up and check all 4 cv joints? You’re going to have a hard time convincing the installer to do that, since he’s in denial that he could have screwed up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP Do you have the ability to jack it up and check all 4 cv joints? You’re going to have a hard time convincing the installer to do that, since he’s in denial that he could have screwed up.
I have a jack I just don’t know what exactly I’m looking for. This started out as just a hobby for me to do with my daughter and it snowballed.

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As others have said, during install one way to install is remove the CV from the hub. If they didnt do it correctly very possibly it wasn't seated back correctly.

4h/4a only means its coming from thefront drivetrain most likely. CV's im 90% sure

OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As others have said, during install one way to install is remove the CV from the hub. If they didnt do it correctly very possibly it wasn't seated back correctly.

4h/4a only means its coming from thefront drivetrain most likely. CV's im 90% sure
The owner of the shop helped accutune develop the tuning for the kings and seems very knowledgeable so I’m guessing he knows his way around installing these shocks, but I can’t say for certain. Seemed like a pretty squared away guy. I truly hope that’s not the case.
Sponsored