First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 22 wildtrak. I just had kings, icon uca’s, icon track bar, a relocation bracket, and method 703’s installed. Alignment was done.

on my way home (shops closed) I had in sport mode (4a) as I usually do and under acceleration this things pulls violently to the left. Like bad. In 2H it’s totally fine. 4a also now how like a vibration under acceleration I can feel in the pedal. I didn’t feel this before and definitely not the pulling to the left. Any idea what the heck happened?
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds to me like a case of letting somebody other than yourself work on your truck lol. Unfortunately nowadays this is usually the outcome. There’s about a zero % chance of it riding as nice as it did before those mods but I would imagine it shouldn’t pull extremely hard to one side.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah something isn't tight. Maybe CV or tie rod.

Sponsored
OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds to me like a case of letting somebody other than yourself work on your truck lol. Unfortunately nowadays this is usually the outcome. There’s about a zero % chance of it riding as nice as it did before those mods but I would imagine it shouldn’t pull extremely hard to one side.
im unfortunately not equipped to do this sort of install. It was also done by a fairly reputable shop, but I do agree that life after mods almost never end up riding smooth as before.

Getting back on track im looking for information on what could have happened?

Sponsored
OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also check UCA where it bolts to the body. My passenger side backed out and mine would pull to the left under hard acceleration.
Mines only in 4A though. I’d imagine yours would have pulled under all conditions.

OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update:
Had a local Offroad shop check it out. He noticed the pulling as well in 4a. He wasn’t sure what was causing it. Said install looked good. He said maybe the alignment was off.

I called original shop who did the install and they attributed it to torque steer as a result of the lift and lights wheels (10 pounds lighter than stock per wheel).

im taking it to him next week to re torque everything to verify.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called original shop who did the install and they attributed it to torque steer as a result of the lift and lights wheels (10 pounds lighter than stock per wheel).
This explanation makes no sense. I would check to make sure the track bar is adjusted properly (rear axle centered left to right) as that MIGHT explain the "torque steer". I would also jack up the front end in 2wd and turn the wheels by hand, feeling for any roughness. The shop might have pulled apart a CV joint installing the UCA's. Grab the front half shafts and feel for any play from one side to the other as well.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah that sounds like BS. That shouldn't cause a "Violent" jerking to ine particular side.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with the left CV. I would think you would have some type of clicking or clunk along with it though.
Sponsored