First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, as a lot of you I am sure, I ordered my Bronco and had to wait for what seemed like forever. I had a 79' bronco as a kid and I loved it. When they announced the new Broncos I knew I had to get one. I placed my order and waited forever. Got pushed to next model year but waited patiently for my base model 2 dr standard transmission 2.3 ltr bronco to arrive.

I ended up getting a model 2022 year. I just passed 20k miles and I am driving on the highway and my clutch pedal gets stuck to the floor. This happened to me shifting into 6th on the highway which was harrowing. I had to pull to the side, turn off the vehicle and pull the clutch pedal back up. Now reverse 1st through 3rd gear sound like a grinding mess so I brought it back to the dealer.

I have never owned a new vehicle in my life and didnt plan to until I saw the bronco come out. To say that this is a disappointment is an understatement. Yes it will likely still be under my bumper to bumper warranty but I honestly dont know that I want to keep this vehicle now. If this happens again after the warranty is out I will be totally screwed. The dealership has not yet got back to me but I feel like I was sold a lemon.

I have been driving standard transmissions since I was a kid and have never had this happen. Nevermind to a vehicle that only has 20k miles on it. I think when its repaired Im going to get rid of it and steer clear of american vehicles once again. I am currently a supervisor for a manufacturing company in the US so it pains me to say this but we make lesser quality vehicles here. I figured since it was build here in the US that I would be fine. I might as well had got a bronco sport built in Mexico.

We stayed with our orders even though they took forever and seemed like they would never start rolling out and what do I get for being a faithful customer>? Now I'm driving a crappy Ford Edge loaner that reeks of cigarette's from the dealership until I hear back. Gotta love the union auto manufacturers, they always have their hands out for raises and better benefits but they produce crap.
Sponsored

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome to 2024. Ill effects of COVID regarding quality will hang around like stinky fish smell for…a while.

OP
OP

highley1980

Base
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welcome to 2024. Ill effects of COVID regarding quality will hang around like stinky fish smell for…a while.
It's so sad, I have a hard time finding good employees myself now. There was a time after COVID I would give you a shot just for having a pulse. I don't get what's going on in this country. No one takes pride in anything anymore. We are a culture in decline and Asia is going to eat our lunch.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, as a lot of you I am sure, I ordered my Bronco and had to wait for what seemed like forever. I had a 79' bronco as a kid and I loved it. When they announced the new Broncos I knew I had to get one. I placed my order and waited forever. Got pushed to next model year but waited patiently for my base model 2 dr standard transmission 2.3 ltr bronco to arrive.

I ended up getting a model 2022 year. I just passed 20k miles and I am driving on the highway and my clutch pedal gets stuck to the floor. This happened to me shifting into 6th on the highway which was harrowing. I had to pull to the side, turn off the vehicle and pull the clutch pedal back up. Now reverse 1st through 3rd gear sound like a grinding mess so I brought it back to the dealer.

I have never owned a new vehicle in my life and didnt plan to until I saw the bronco come out. To say that this is a disappointment is an understatement. Yes it will likely still be under my bumper to bumper warranty but I honestly dont know that I want to keep this vehicle now. If this happens again after the warranty is out I will be totally screwed. The dealership has not yet got back to me but I feel like I was sold a lemon.

I have been driving standard transmissions since I was a kid and have never had this happen. Nevermind to a vehicle that only has 20k miles on it. I think when its repaired Im going to get rid of it and steer clear of american vehicles once again. I am currently a supervisor for a manufacturing company in the US so it pains me to say this but we make lesser quality vehicles here. I figured since it was build here in the US that I would be fine. I might as well had got a bronco sport built in Mexico.

We stayed with our orders even though they took forever and seemed like they would never start rolling out and what do I get for being a faithful customer>? Now I'm driving a crappy Ford Edge loaner that reeks of cigarette's from the dealership until I hear back. Gotta love the union auto manufacturers, they always have their hands out for raises and better benefits but they produce crap.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150-KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealership has not yet got back to me but I feel like I was sold a lemon....

I think when its repaired Im going to get rid of it and steer clear of american vehicles once again.
I get that having to repair a vehicle with only 20k miles sucks but I think you are over reacting a bit. No, a worn out clutch does not constitute a lemon. If you are worried about a stock unit wearing out again, pay the difference for the dealer to install a performance clutch.

Sponsored

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Ducatis, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like the slave cylinder failed, perhaps you blew a seal.

“No, that’s just ice cream!”

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It worldwide now. I've always been a big Toyota guy and had 4 4Runners before my Bronco. But the new Tundra is being recalled for its engine and the new Tacoma's transmissions are blowing up.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If you love the vehicle, just go on the Granger site and get yourself an extended warranty. They sell them for a reasonable price and, most likely, you'll need it.

OP
OP

highley1980

Base
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just messaged your account.
I get that having to repair a vehicle with only 20k miles sucks but I think you are over reacting a bit. No, a worn out clutch does not constitute a lemon. If you are worried about a stock unit wearing out again, pay the difference for the dealer to install a performance clutch.
yah so I worked for a manufacturer that produced parts for the auto industry and have a bit of a background here and I just have to disagree with you.
You may be letting your love for the brand alter your judgement.

a clutch
i disagree. When you pay thousands of dollars for something and treat it like a baby you should get a degree of reliability

I think you're letting your love for the brand alter your judgement. I don't know about you but I work hard for my money. I don't expect a company to take that lightly.
Also, I'm driving a Ford Escape now as the loaner. It's a turd. I've owned far more fords than any other but this is as bad as it was in the 80s.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like driver error to me.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A pedal stuck to the floor does not equate to a failed clutch. I’m sure the clutch itself is still fine at 20k miles, either you have a linkage failure or the cylinder as suggested above.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150-KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may be letting your love for the brand alter your judgement.
Wait, you are about to abandon a whole nation of auto manufacturing because of what will most likely be a warrantable repair, and I am the one with the altered judgement for recommending an upgraded repair??? Lol, do us all favor, fix it and trade it. Maybe a Kia Sante Fe would be more reliable and suitable for you. Best of luck.

OP
OP

highley1980

Base
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait, you are about to abandon a whole nation of auto manufacturing because of what will most likely be a warrantable repair, and I am the one with the altered judgement for recommending an upgraded repair??? Lol, do us all favor, fix it and trade it. Maybe a Kia Sante Fe would be more reliable and suitable for you. Best of luck.
Maybe it would have a good one kiddo
Sponsored