Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hear what you saying, but this is a $35k vehicle that people add $25k of factory options (in the form of different trim levels) to. The fit, finish and build quality don't change just because you add options.

I respect your opinion... just adding a different point of view.
Same thing with the F150 RaptoR. It’s just a 38k truck with 80k worth of add ons. People just buy a Range Rover instead.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WilVis

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another day... another tow. Picked up from the dealership on Saturday, who said everything checked out. No issues. Possible sticking torque converter solenoid from being new. Told me to take it on a road trip to run it in. (Advice I'm glad I did not listen to.)

We did have an enjoyable drive in the sunny weather putting about 130 miles on with no issues. It was great to have the Basesquatch back, as it is such a unique, capable vehicle.

Next morning, after a couple miles driving in the snow, same issue. Stalled in gear, fortunately as I was turning to get off the road into a parking lot. Bad conditions, but I was running in 2wd. Used FordPass to arrange the tow, which took a couple hours. Once again back to the dealership.

FordPass is actually pretty great. If you do have a breakdown, just use the app for roadside assistance.

Since both failures were in wet and slushy conditions, I am thinking this may have something to do with the issue. Obviously a defect.

I recognize this likely is the same root problem and want to learn more about the repair required before making any decisions regarding long term ownership. Reliability does rate high on my list. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Ford Bronco New BaseSquatch Dies at 157 Miles - Needs New Auto Transmission IMG_2446

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ouch. Hopefully they can get to the root cause of it.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn, so sorry to hear of your troubles returning, that's got to be frustrating. I'd be pissed first and then want it to be fixed so I can keep my Bronco, but not have to worry.

I hope you can get real answers to why again.

OP
OP
WilVis

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yesterday I learned my Basesquatch has multiple codes, however only P0756 is persistent after the others are cleared. Apparently the indication is the auto transmission is stuck in third gear and the clutch is not engaging. Ford asked them to do an accelerated valve body break in, however the problem is still there. Ford then advised a disassembly and inspection of the transmission.

Since the dealership is small and doesn't have a transmission tech they will be towing to another dealer. The wait to even disassemble is three weeks and then whatever time to implement the fix Ford approves. My understanding they will be looking for damage such as scoring, etc. in general to evaluate if it can be repaired or if the transmission needs to be replaced.

This has been a sucky situation overall. Beyond the financial costs of paying for a vehicle I can't use, I was so enjoying the Basesquatch, especially after waiting so long. Dealer is offering a loaner Escape. I have not yet heard from Ford, who apparently has someone assigned to the case.

I will wait to see what the diagnosis is and repair recommended. My state has a 30 day lemon law as well if the vehicle is out of service, which sounds like it will be. Not sure if going lemon law for replacement is the route, but it may be an option.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yesterday I learned my Basesquatch has multiple codes, however only P0756 is persistent after the others are cleared. Apparently the indication is the auto transmission is stuck in third gear and the clutch is not engaging. Ford asked them to do an accelerated valve body break in, however the problem is still there. Ford then advised a disassembly and inspection of the transmission.

Since the dealership is small and doesn't have a transmission tech they will be towing to another dealer. The wait to even disassemble is three weeks and then whatever time to implement the fix Ford approves. My understanding they will be looking for damage such as scoring, etc. in general to evaluate if it can be repaired or if the transmission needs to be replaced.

This has been a sucky situation overall. Beyond the financial costs of paying for a vehicle I can't use, I was so enjoying the Basesquatch, especially after waiting so long. Dealer is offering a loaner Escape. I have not yet heard from Ford, who apparently has someone assigned to the case.

I will wait to see what the diagnosis is and repair recommended. My state has a 30 day lemon law as well if the vehicle is out of service, which sounds like it will be. Not sure if going lemon law for replacement is the route, but it may be an option.
If it qualifies, and you could get into another one in a timely manner, I'd definitely lemon out. It may be nothing more than coincidence, but it seems like once a vehicle has a major defect, then it's more likely that others will follow.

OP
OP
WilVis

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quick update. Now waiting for a new transmission to ship via freight for the Basesquatch. Dealership was planning to just replace the valve body and a solenoid, but found metal shavings. Ford authorized the new transmission. As long as install is competent, I would think it should be good.

I am concerned about future issues and lower resell value. Hopefully Ford can provide an extended powertrain warranty or compensation. I just want to get the vehicle back in my garage and enjoy without stress or more problems. So far 21 days out of commission. Ford did authorize a rental but a Ford Escape is not my idea of a good time.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

“As long as install is competent, I would think it should be good.”

There you go!

Start over with a fresh transmission & a fresh mindset. Drive it gently at first, then gradually build up the miles and the power and the confidence.

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have never been so spooked, to buy a vehicle, a $60K one too, I really hate warranty work, slowly losing faith in this thing.
You should.
I have had mine since Sept 2021.
Large a piece of shit with a litany of issues.

It's like dating a super hot girl that is crazy mentally.

When its good its great, all other times its total ass.
Sponsored