indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's so sad, I have a hard time finding good employees myself now. There was a time after COVID I would give you a shot just for having a pulse. I don't get what's going on in this country. No one takes pride in anything anymore. We are a culture in decline and Asia is going to eat our lunch.
I work in IT, and a generation of skilled coders and tech persons have been trained up to take US jobs. Similar to how other industries have gone offshore. Companies can hire several skilled India IT workers for the price of one USA worker. I wonder what jobs in particular non high end jobs will be left in the USA. My scrum teams started mostly US workers, then more and more India/Philippines, until now it's mostly all offshore members.

OP, hope you get the trans issues sorted out. My manual trans a year in has been great, no issues knock on wood.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hemiblas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 base SAS Bronco, 2018 Rubi JL and JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe it would have a good one kiddo
Have you looked in the engine bay. I wouldnt even know where to begin if something broke. Cars are so much more complicated now in order to eek out an extra few miles per gallon.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I certainly understand the inconvenience of your Bronco breaking down, but I don't understand all the drama you attached to it. When you buy a new vehicle, what do you think the warranty is for?
I don't care what product you buy, they all come with some kind of warranty or guarantee because sh_t happens.
I was in the same boat as you and ordered a Bronco on day 1 and waited forever. I happened to have received a 2021. Three months after I got it I had "electrical system issues" and it wound up in the dealer for an extended period. Long story short, they replaced the computer module and it's been fine since. Inconvenient?...sure, but things break and they fixed it. Give the dealer a chance to fix it and try not to infer doomsday into a single incident.
As comedian Dennis Miller says as he ends all of his rants, "That's my opinion but I could be wrong". :wink:

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2023 Civic Si is a steaming pile of trash that's well acquainted with tow trucks. Heck as we speak I'm in another loaner while it gets fixed for the 4th time and the car is less than a year old. OP is welcome to buy it if he wants to Japanese.

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2023 Civic Si is a steaming pile of trash that's well acquainted with tow trucks. Heck as we speak I'm in another loaner while it gets fixed for the 4th time and the car is less than a year old. OP is welcome to buy it if he wants to Japanese.
Most of Hondas products for the US and Canada markets, including the Civic Si, are made in North America. The 11th gen Si in particular is made in their plant in Ontario, Canada.

Only the Type R is made in Japan.

Normal quality control issues for American or Canadian assembly.

OP
OP

highley1980

Base
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you looked in the engine bay. I wouldnt even know where to begin if something broke. Cars are so much more complicated now in order to eek out an extra few miles per gallon.
It's at the dealership now so it's out of my hands. The gears were grinding like crazy and it was almost undriveable.

OP
OP

highley1980

Base
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I certainly understand the inconvenience of your Bronco breaking down, but I don't understand all the drama you attached to it. When you buy a new vehicle, what do you think the warranty is for?
I don't care what product you buy, they all come with some kind of warranty or guarantee because sh_t happens.
I was in the same boat as you and ordered a Bronco on day 1 and waited forever. I happened to have received a 2021. Three months after I got it I had "electrical system issues" and it wound up in the dealer for an extended period. Long story short, they replaced the computer module and it's been fine since. Inconvenient?...sure, but things break and they fixed it. Give the dealer a chance to fix it and try not to infer doomsday into a single incident.
As comedian Dennis Miller says as he ends all of his rants, "That's my opinion but I could be wrong". :wink:
The scary part is that ford warranties are some of the worst in the industry. What am I supposed to do if it happens again and again after the warranty runs out?

I did it pay thousands of dollars for a headache. I could get a used Japanese vehicle and never have to worry about it.

Is it dramatic to expect what you bought? I think it's dramatic to stick with a brand of the brand is trash.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most of Hondas products for the US and Canada markets, including the Civic Si, are made in North America. The 11th gen Si in particular is made in their plant in Ontario, Canada.

Only the Type R is made in Japan.

Normal quality control issues for American or Canadian assembly.
I'm well versed in the Honda universe thanks. They all utilize the same parts and dime store interior materials that rattle like an old Subaru. None of my issues have been from assembly as I've had relay boards fail, transmission issues, etc. Car could be hand built by Honda's best assemblers and it would still be the same piece of junk.
Sponsored