First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well Raptor is certainly an option albeit perhaps overkill for some. Hoss 3 isn’t really an option from factory for BL, but aftermarket options for suspension open up lots of opportunities well beyond Hoss3.
So, let's say I can get the 24 BL for $60k and a 24 WT for $64k, how much is a system similar to a Hoss 3.0 installed? Is it 4 shocks and 4 coil overs in the "system"?

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, let's say I can get the 24 BL for $60k and a 24 WT for $64k, how much is a system similar to a Hoss 3.0 installed? Is it 4 shocks and 4 coil overs in the "system"?
I don’t have a good idea of the straight cost just for the shocks. There’s plenty of good mod-threads in the suspension forums that can help. If you’re considering suspension upgrades I wouldn’t limit my self to just the fox’s included with the HOSS3.0. There’s lots of options out there with better/different performance characteristics.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some guys have fit 37's on a Badlands with a 1" leveling kit. Theyll fit no problems with any suspension.
None that I recommend, but lots of others have Icon, King, ADS, Fabtech, 4WP. They all pretty much do the same thing, aside from minor length differences, spring rates, shock tuning stuff. I have a small spacer lift on mine, with the factory Bilsteins.

You dont need to swap fenders to fit 37's, but the taller tires may contact the flares, fenders, other wheel well components.
Can you tell me what the benefit of going from Bilsteins to one of the ones you mentioned (and throw in Eibachs)? Does one pick one brand or the other depending on the type of use they plan with their Bronco or do they all do the same thing? Sounds like Hoss 3.0 is for a softer ride and desert running where Billsteins are for rock crawling, wondering if the ones you mentioned have similar priorities.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One benefit is more suspension travel. Probably about 1.5" give or take. Another benefit is some have external fluid reservoirs for better cooling, but thats usually for shocks getting a workout, like high speed stuff. Others, like the 4wp, Eibachs, are value. Adjustable ride height and affordable. Some have different spring rates, like linear, progressive. Some dont like the digressive ford Bilsteins. If youre hauling a lot of extra weight, old man Emu makes kits that cater to specific weights, and the other kits are ride height/spring preload adjustable as well. Some of them, maybe all, are rebuildable.

Basically, they all do the same thing.

@popo_patty made a video with Broncos equipped with different suspension setups.
Im sure there's other reviews as well.

I don't have any experience with any shocks besides the factory Bilsteins. I just read a lot on here. I don't mind the feel of the Bilsteins, and saw no reason to remove perfectly good shocks.

If you dont want to spend the coin for new shocks, preload collars and spacers are another option. I chose spacers over preload collars, and that in itself is another discussion.

As far as purpose, it sounds like Fox is the choice when hitting jumps and high speed stuff. Icon makes shocks without external reservoirs if you dont need the extra cooling.

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found this thread searching for HOSS 3.0 info and if anyone has swapped out the Badland Bilstein's for the HOSS 3.0. Watched a lot of videos and reviews and a few comparisons.

Found this one video where they make the swap and seems to be a smoother ride.
I have a 2dr and find that OE shocks are just ok and at times can get a little out of sorts when hitting rough patches in the road. Would really like to improve the ride, and I am thinking these OEM HOSS 3.0s would help.

I found a set of like new OEM Take off HOSS 3.0's said they came off a 4dr anyone know if the 2dr and 4dr use the same HOSS 3.0 shocks.
Sponsored