Sponsored

Wildtrak with HOSS Upgrade or Badlands with Staybar Disconnect? Thoughts?!?!?

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The sway bar disconnect a game changer for me. Most forest roads here are really rough, so the SBD helps a lot.

I think the advice about your eventual tire size is probably the best bet in your case.
I have heard that 37s are the new 33s šŸ¤£
Sponsored

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is my plan as well. wildtrak with hoss 3.0. manual swaybar disconnect
Is there a viable option at this point for a manual staybar disconnect? One of the threads I found a while back, I thought there were issues with the staybar coming in contact with some rubber boots and tearing them to shreds underneath.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The badlands gives you other valuable off-road things like a wash out interior and extra armor underneath.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The badlands gives you other valuable off-road things like a wash out interior and extra armor underneath.
For $395 you can put the armor underneath for the Wildtrak. So everything is pretty close.

There is certainly a big difference when it comes to the interiors. I would package either basically the same. In a lot of ways, I am leaning towards the Wildtrak, but not talked out of the Badlands by any means.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm looking to tweak my order and with that, I think I am going to step up to a higher trim level. I current have an order for a Black Diamond to be built next month. It is a Non-Sas and I plan to modify it with SAS Coilovers and 315/70/17 Toyo Tires. It is a manual transmission, no options ordered on it. This is not supposed to be my long term Bronco as I am a Granger Order Customer.

Here is the question....What direction would you go and why? Wildtrak with the Upgraded suspension and Steering Rack or would you go Badlands because of the Staybar Disconnect.

I do not live out west and the reality is that I will not require either for fit my needs of hitting trails here on the east coast on the weekends. I am not looking to abuse my Bronco as it will be my daily driver.

Let's here your thoughts as I truly want to know which would be prefered....

Thanks!!!!!!
Wildtrak is the way to go! It speaks for itself and says I'm Badass!!!

DirtyK

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carb Gray Lux Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you get the Hoss 3.0 on the WT the HD Modular bumper price decreases to $270 vs $825 on a non Hoss 3.0 WT. Savings of $555 and makes the Hoss 3.0 upfit only cost out at $1,960.

So if you wanted the HD Modular it makes it a very appealing.

Chew on that for a bit.

This pricing occurs because the Hoss 3.0 comes with a HD steel powder coated bumper but when you spec the HD Modular there is only a slight upcharge. YES, YAS, YEAH, YAY!!!!

Reactions: bek

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I, as of today, donā€™t see myself putting on 37s. I also donā€™t see myself rock crawling anything too technical. This will be a daily driver, so I want to do spirited driving and weekend adventures, but not pushing to the limit that Iā€™m trying to break something.
Sounds like an easy decisionā€¦ā€¦the WT standard 2.7, auto, Sas, and sport/Baja mode. Add the upgraded Fox suspension via HOSS 3.0, and youā€™re ready to go.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can get full body armor and washout all weather floor mats. ;)

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there a viable option at this point for a manual staybar disconnect? One of the threads I found a while back, I thought there were issues with the staybar coming in contact with some rubber boots and tearing them to shreds underneath.
Saw one of the aftermarket companies discussing a magnetic disconnect option they were working on. Might have been the same post youā€™re referring to as they said the manual disconnect option caused some damage due to how it was engineered.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm looking to tweak my order and with that, I think I am going to step up to a higher trim level. I current have an order for a Black Diamond to be built next month. It is a Non-Sas and I plan to modify it with SAS Coilovers and 315/70/17 Toyo Tires. It is a manual transmission, no options ordered on it. This is not supposed to be my long term Bronco as I am a Granger Order Customer.

Here is the question....What direction would you go and why? Wildtrak with the Upgraded suspension and Steering Rack or would you go Badlands because of the Staybar Disconnect.

I do not live out west and the reality is that I will not require either for fit my needs of hitting trails here on the east coast on the weekends. I am not looking to abuse my Bronco as it will be my daily driver.

Let's here your thoughts as I truly want to know which would be prefered....

Thanks!!!!!!
It sounds like you don't need either SBD or HOSS3. Since you already have a build date, stay with the BD its a better value. Unless money is not object, then just get what you want.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It sounds like you don't need either SBD or HOSS3. Since you already have a build date, stay with the BD its a better value. Unless money is not object, then just get what you want.
Really, 99% of the people ordering Broncos donā€™t need either. The Black Diamond doesnā€™t have some of the creature comforts that I want or a hart top, but it will be fun to have in the short term.
The longer term vehicle will be either the Wildtrak or a badlands that has all the bells and whistles Iā€™ll want for a daily driver and longer term vehicle, to include the 2.7L with automatic transmission. My Black Diamond is a 2.3L with manual transmission.

Fun in the short term, but missing features I want for a longer term solution vehicle with off road capabilities šŸ˜

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have heard that 37s are the new 33s šŸ¤£
That's why I split the difference with the SAS package and 35's :) I plan on upgrading suspension and to 37s down the road, but will wait until the factory tires need replaced (and I replenish the Bronco fund)

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My opinion for whatever itā€™s worthā€¦Badlands with SBD is the better choice. SBD isnā€™t only used for out west Rock Crawling. If your going down a rutted logging road SBD can also smooth out the rideā€¦.big plus. Also you will be able to upgrade your steering rack and most likely weā€™ll have other options not just Hoss 3.0 in the near future.
Sponsored