First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Been posting more in the Braptor forum but have finally decided that paying $90k for one is just silly. I used to own a First Edition Hennessey that I bought used (did not read all the bad reviews regarding them before I bought it) and I really liked that truck minus a few things. So, I have done a bit of research and mostly based on the interior have settled on a Badlands. I absolutely hate the Wildtrak interior and mostly it is the beige/sand dash parts that can't be covered with Katzkin easily. I really like the Badlands interior.

Am I safe to get a Badlands and do ADV fenders, tune, small lift or level, 37's, etc.? Basically, build a Hennessey without sending to Hennessey.

Question is, do I need to worry about getting a Wildtrak for the Hoss 3.0 or can I upgrade all that on a Badlands? Do I need the Sasquatch package on the Badlands or if I am upgrading suspension, does any of that matter? I would want 37's for sure.

I plan to do a lot of research on here, but thought I would post to see if anyone has gone through this scenario and your thoughts on my questions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been posting more in the Braptor forum but have finally decided that paying $90k for one is just silly. I used to own a First Edition Hennessey that I bought used (did not read all the bad reviews regarding them before I bought it) and I really liked that truck minus a few things. So, I have done a bit of research and mostly based on the interior have settled on a Badlands. I absolutely hate the Wildtrak interior and mostly it is the beige/sand dash parts that can't be covered with Katzkin easily. I really like the Badlands interior.

Am I safe to get a Badlands and do ADV fenders, tune, small lift or level, 37's, etc.? Basically, build a Hennessey without sending to Hennessey.

Question is, do I need to worry about getting a Wildtrak for the Hoss 3.0 or can I upgrade all that on a Badlands? Do I need the Sasquatch package on the Badlands or if I am upgrading suspension, does any of that matter? I would want 37's for sure.

I plan to do a lot of research on here, but thought I would post to see if anyone has gone through this scenario and your thoughts on my questions?
Hey Agswin,
You are safe to do what you ask.
As to the Hoss 3.0, it depends what you intent to do with your newly lifted Badlands with a small lift and 37's. By the sounds of it, you are only going to do light wheeling, so the Hoss 3.0 is not key.
As to the Sas package, since you are upgrading the suspension, I would save your money on the Sas upgrade, and put the savings into your upgrades.
Bottom line, have fun with your build and let us know how it turns out!

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll be safe with the Badlands. the 24 badlands gets the upgraded steering rack, regardless of Sasquatch package or not. If you plan on swapping suspension and tires, skip the Squatch and put those funds toward the lift, tires, etc. The Badlands gets all the Sasquatch equipment, m210 front axle, lockers, etc, so not missing much besides beadlock capable wheels. šŸ¤™

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you sir. Live in Texas, so no mountains around :) so light wheeling, few trips to Big Bend National Park is about all we will do with it. It will be a daily driver so on road manners is more important. Wasn't sure if the Hoss 3.0 was for major off-roading or helped with daily driving as well.

So to confirm, 37's will fit on a Badlands with some sort of suspension mod and new fenders? Any suspension you recommend?

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like the deals are on the 2023's. Is there a major difference between 23 and 24 on the Badlands?

Sponsored

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the deals are on the 2023's. Is there a major difference between 23 and 24 on the Badlands?
there are some interior changes. I believe rear cup holders and the dash stitching.
As for mechanical, as stated earlier the upgraded steering rack is a pretty big plus. I canā€™t recall whether the 23 badlands had bilstein shocks on non sas models.

i know my 24 BL has a steel rear bumper, not sure if the 23 had that either.

Last edited:

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assuming you've already searched threads, if not you should. There are several "vs" type discussions between the 2 trims.
Wildtraks added the Fox I believe in late 2022? but at least 2023 models. Also, all Wildtraks come with Sas. They are a factory build focused for fast, off-roading. Think desert running. As far as the Fox's they are more suited for off roading at speeds and they are a bit "cushier" (in my opinion) on the road. They lose some of their "advantages" at slow technical off roading.

Badlands come with Bilsteins. They include full factory armor skids, disconnecting sway, locking front and rear diffs as just a few of their options. The 4 door (or moardoor) come with rear fold down middle cupholders. They are factory built for more "extreme" off roading; think slow technical trails, crawling, rocks etc. And yes, steel front and rear bumpers.

The Sas version for Badlands really only has one advantage, and that is the final drive ratio. Standard Badlands has 4.46 and sas version has 4.7. With the auto xmission there is some consensus that the 4.46 is fine even with 37" but not everyone will agree. Again, you might want to do some searching.

Differences between '23 and '24 Badlands are really only 3: A.) they may now include a new stitched pattern interior trim for dash and console, think Raptor trim options, and B.) all Badlands now include the Ford Performance heavy duty steering rack and goodies on the front, again, same as Raptor, and C.) all Badlands now apparently include the "heavy duty" modular steel front bumper option.

Now, you may stir up some old debates between the 2 trims with this question. There are true believers on both sides but in my opinion one is not better than the other. They are different factory packages focused on different "out of the box" off roading capabilities.

Hope this helps.
Good luck

Last edited:

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, I should really mention that if you're mostly going to be daily driver with only occasional or "light" off road use you might consider a less costly initial trim. There a loads of folks on here with, let's say OBX trim as one example, with lifted, upgraded suspension, tires, etc that have given themselves extremely capable off-road rides without spending the initial cash up front.

Just a thought.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh, I should really mention that if you're mostly going to be daily driver with only occasional or "light" off road use you might consider a less costly initial trim. There a loads of folks on here with, let's say OBX trim as one example, with lifted, upgraded suspension, tires, etc that have given themselves extremely capable off-road rides without spending the initial cash up front.

Just a thought.
Thanks, looked through them all and OBX or Badlands are probably the only 2 I would consider. Built similar, OBX is $57k and Badlands is $65k. Do I get a lot more for that $8k difference?

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So to confirm, 37's will fit on a Badlands with some sort of suspension mod and new fenders? Any suspension you recommend?
Some guys have fit 37's on a Badlands with a 1" leveling kit. Theyll fit no problems with any suspension.
None that I recommend, but lots of others have Icon, King, ADS, Fabtech, 4WP. They all pretty much do the same thing, aside from minor length differences, spring rates, shock tuning stuff. I have a small spacer lift on mine, with the factory Bilsteins.

You dont need to swap fenders to fit 37's, but the taller tires may contact the flares, fenders, other wheel well components.

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, looked through them all and OBX or Badlands are probably the only 2 I would consider. Built similar, OBX is $57k and Badlands is $65k. Do I get a lot more for that $8k difference?
For the money you will get a lot of off-road gear that you stated you donā€™t need. Your call if you want to spend $8K just to look cool.

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the OBX , you can add the 4A option (like all wheel drive) by adding the Sas pkg (+$6kish) which comes with the non-Sas Badlands. There are a lot of folks around here that like and use 4A (but not everyone is a fan).
Additionally with Badlands you gain the disconnecting sway bar, front locking diff, ā€fullā€ factory armor, steel front and rear bumpers and the standard model has 4.46 gearing. Basic OBX I believe has 4.27. Sas with either pkg gains the 4.7, tires and wheels.

If you plan to use those things off-road then the price diff gets you a factory furnished jump start. Alternatively, if you donā€™t think/know how youā€™ll use it off road you can certainly transform an OBX with after market upgrades into a more than capable off roader. Itā€™s not necessarily cheap but itā€™s very possible.

I think itā€™s a matter of what you want as your starting point.

Last edited:

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
An outer banks with Sasquatch is more capable off-road than a non-Sasquatch badlands (except sway bar disconnect) and much nicer on-road with extra sound deadening and creature features. Wildtrack gives ya Fox shocks/coilovers which ride better on and off road but for the price, adding quality after-market shocks/coilovers would be better, especially going to 37sā€¦

Last edited:

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should also add, any trim comes built to go off road. The capabilities are limited more by the operator than the package. A skilled/experienced operator can really make any off the shelf Bronco do amazing things.

Certainly all the functionality of different packages make it easier and more capable especially for us mere mortals.

So donā€™t think youā€™re sacrificing your potential use; itā€™s more a matter of the ā€œtoolsā€ youā€™re getting to start with.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks fellas, was up late last night researching on here. I really like the Badlands interior much more than the OBX and I like the extra bits the 2024 has, but also realized I don't need/want the High/Lux package, seems like a lot of money for a lot of things I wont use. Only thing I would have liked is the B&O but I assume you can just upgrade the stereo on your own for much less than that package and it will be better anyway. Build is around $60,500 with MGV.

Someone mentioned more sound deadening on the OBX, is that confirmed?

Will upgrade suspension, fenders, wheels/tires and have fun with the build.

Do dealers discount the 24's on an order or are they still firm at MSRP?
Sponsored

Last edited: