Sponsored

Wildtrak with HOSS Upgrade or Badlands with Staybar Disconnect? Thoughts?!?!?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm looking to tweak my order and with that, I think I am going to step up to a higher trim level. I current have an order for a Black Diamond to be built next month. It is a Non-Sas and I plan to modify it with SAS Coilovers and 315/70/17 Toyo Tires. It is a manual transmission, no options ordered on it. This is not supposed to be my long term Bronco as I am a Granger Order Customer.

Here is the question....What direction would you go and why? Wildtrak with the Upgraded suspension and Steering Rack or would you go Badlands because of the Staybar Disconnect.

I do not live out west and the reality is that I will not require either for fit my needs of hitting trails here on the east coast on the weekends. I am not looking to abuse my Bronco as it will be my daily driver.

Let's here your thoughts as I truly want to know which would be prefered....

Thanks!!!!!!
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wildtrak with HOSS upgrade would be a rare bronco and thus worth more money when you goto sell it. If you can afford it then go for it ... DO NOT go the route of I will upgrade later .. just buy it from the factory the way you want it.

WAIT! you already have a build date? then you can't really tweak much.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
personally, I don't see myself needing the SBD simply because I won't rock crawl. I did want the manual and lux, so my choice forces me into a BL, but if I were going with an automatic, the WT would seem to be, by far, the most useful trim with the HOSS for my use. I suspect most Bronco's won't be on the rocks, so the disconnect is a party trick that is mostly worthless for the large majority of folks. If you don't plan on getting on the rocks, I think the choice is clear.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wildtrak with HOSS upgrade would be a rare bronco worth more money when you goto sell it. If you can afford it then fo it ... DO NOT go the route of I will upgrade later .. just buy it from the factory the way you want it.

WAIT! you already have a build date? then you can't really tweak much.
I have a build for a Black Diamond with a local dealer. I am like three years away with my Granger order 😂

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ask yourself two questions. When was the last time you got stuck because you had one tire hanging in the air? Do you own a wrench set?

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would get the stabar disconnect from the factory. The reason being is it has to integrate electronically with the rest of the Bronco. The Ford performance steering rack and tie rods can be added later without needing additional sensors or Computer modules.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to ask yourself what you are (realistically) going to use the Bronco for and what mods you think you may want in the future.

If you think you may want to upgrade to 37" at some point then I would go BL so you can scrap the stock Bilstein's for some aftermarket coilovers with greater lift. Although I am sure plenty will do it, it would be disappointing to see someone spend the additional money on a WT H3.0 and then screw it up with a cheap spacer lift to fit bigger tires.

So in short, BL for >35 or WT H3.0 for 35's or less

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if your not hitting any trails that requires the flex from the disconnect, go with the wildtrack and the HOSS for sure. Best to have the better steering rack and other parts under manufacturer warranty.

I did the off rodeo in a wildtrack and it did everything the BL did with the disconnect. The other thing to consider if you don't want to tweak the computer with Forscan, is sport mode on the wildtrack over the badlands. will give you better gearing and throttle response on the road. Badlands doesn't have it, again not without tweaking the computer with Forscan.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You need to ask yourself what you are (realistically) going to use the Bronco for and what mods you think you may want in the future.

If you think you may want to upgrade to 37" at some point then I would go BL so you can scrap the stock Bilstein's for some aftermarket coilovers with greater lift. Although I am sure plenty will do it, it would be disappointing to see someone spend the additional money on a WT H3.0 and then screw it up with a cheap spacer lift to fit bigger tires.

So in short, BL for >35 or WT H3.0 for 35's or less
I, as of today, don’t see myself putting on 37s. I also don’t see myself rock crawling anything too technical. This will be a daily driver, so I want to do spirited driving and weekend adventures, but not pushing to the limit that I’m trying to break something.

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I, as of today, don’t see myself putting on 37s. I also don’t see myself rock crawling anything too technical. This will be a daily driver, so I want to do spirited driving and weekend adventures, but not pushing to the limit that I’m trying to break something.
I was having the same dilemma. I ended up making my choice because I preferred the MGV seats to cloth, and did not want leather. I would make sure there are no other factors between the two trims that might sway your decision.

I still go back and forth on my decision.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was having the same dilemma. I ended up making my choice because I preferred the MGV seats to cloth, and did not want leather. I would make sure there are no other factors between the two trims that might sway your decision.

I still go back and forth on my decision.
Yeah, interior there are pluses and minuses to each. I like the idea of MGV, but I also like the Wildtrak interior 🤣

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing that hasn't been mention is the ability to smooth out your trail ride by disconnecting the front sway bar. It's not game changing by any means but I feel it helps smooth out the side-to-side bumps along with airing down.

I'm in Massachusetts. Not much high speed stuff around at all, but lots of bumpy trails full of roots and medium sized rocks everywhere. I pretty much just disconnect everytime. It's not necessary at all but I figure I might as well use it.

As everyone stated, it's really up to how you will use it. If you watch some of the KoH videos from last year though, they had Broncos doing 60-70 mph down the desert trail. And its not a hoss 3.0. The standard hoss bilsteins are decent for high speed.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One thing that hasn't been mention is the ability to smooth out your trail ride by disconnecting the front sway bar. It's not game changing by any means but I feel it helps smooth out the side-to-side bumps along with airing down.

I'm in Massachusetts. Not much high speed stuff around at all, but lots of bumpy trails full of roots and medium sized rocks everywhere. I pretty much just disconnect everytime. It's not necessary at all but I figure I might as well use it.

As everyone stated, it's really up to how you will use it. If you watch some of the KoH videos from last year though, they had Broncos doing 60-70 mph down the desert trail. And its not a hoss 3.0. The standard hoss bilsteins are decent for high speed.
I’m in Western NY, have family in New England. So I definitely see myself going out there along with PA for some trips.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The sway bar disconnect a game changer for me. Most forest roads here are really rough, so the SBD helps a lot.

I think the advice about your eventual tire size is probably the best bet in your case.
Sponsored