Sponsored

Wildtrak with HOSS Upgrade or Badlands with Staybar Disconnect? Thoughts?!?!?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

personally, I don't see myself needing the SBD simply because I won't rock crawl. I did want the manual and lux, so my choice forces me into a BL, but if I were going with an automatic, the WT would seem to be, by far, the most useful trim with the HOSS for my use. I suspect most Bronco's won't be on the rocks, so the disconnect is a party trick that is mostly worthless for the large majority of folks. If you don't plan on getting on the rocks, I think the choice is clear.
Well, since everyone should disconnect at every trailhead, itā€™s a lot easier to push a button rather than manually disconnecting with a wrench

Having said that, HOSS 3.0 is pretty badass
Sponsored

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My opinion for whatever itā€™s worthā€¦Badlands with SBD is the better choice. SBD isnā€™t only used for out west Rock Crawling. If your going down a rutted logging road SBD can also smooth out the rideā€¦.big plus. Also you will be able to upgrade your steering rack and most likely weā€™ll have other options not just Hoss 3.0 in the near future.
I think that makes sense. I really wish I could have the Wildtrak with Staybar disconnect and Rock Crawl modes, hehe šŸ˜œ

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe tomorrow Iā€™ll just flip a coin and then email with whatever it happens to land on as I think Iā€™d be happy with either oneā€¦.Sometimes I lean towards the Wildtrak, then other days I lean towards the Badlandsā€¦..If only I could have one of each šŸ¤£

Last edited:

MileHighWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Adding a remote sway bar disconnect to a wildtrack will be much cheaper than adding a raptor rack and high quality suspension upgrade to a badlands.

the only reason to go badlands would be if the washout interior is a must have for you, or if you know youā€™re going aftermarket lift/wheels/tires immediately after purchase, in which case youā€™d order a non-sas badlands. Any other scenario the wildtrack is better.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go with the HOSS 3.0 and just remove the sway bar. I removed mine the second week of ownership and will never put it back on.

Sponsored

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hmmm, I have no idea how they will pull this whole package off anytime soon - I think there will be a bit wait on the module bumperā€¦ Just called my parts department to add that, and a bash plate, onto my Wildtrak, and they said to call in about a month because MAYBE then theyā€™ll be able to order the bumper. Not sure if Ford is keeping what they get for new builds, or itā€™s an overall commodity issue.

mjsmitty69

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak with 3.0 hoss
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel as if Ford should include the swaybar disconnect with the upgraded hoss 3.0 package, It sure does cost enough. Besides, that would be the only thing that would set the wildtrak apart from the badlands. Other than that, Just having the shocks and bigger tie rod ends is no big deal to make the Hoss 3.0 worth it...

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You need to ask yourself what you are (realistically) going to use the Bronco for and what mods you think you may want in the future.

If you think you may want to upgrade to 37" at some point then I would go BL so you can scrap the stock Bilstein's for some aftermarket coilovers with greater lift. Although I am sure plenty will do it, it would be disappointing to see someone spend the additional money on a WT H3.0 and then screw it up with a cheap spacer lift to fit bigger tires.

So in short, BL for >35 or WT H3.0 for 35's or less
I am 50/50 right now and your comment is making me rethink Badlands lol. The Hoss also gets the Raptor steering rack as well and probably other components that should be beefier in a Bronco. It also has that stabilizer bar added. I really donā€™t know what to do as I do like the Wildtrak look a bit better but at the same time I do want the bigger tires. If I do decide to go with the Badlands and I want to do an aftermarket lift should I get the Sasquatch or the base Badlands And why? I have a feeling if I get the base Badlands there will be plenty of suspension components that will need to be upgraded in addition to the aftermarket lift. Wish I knew more about this stuff.

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO the biggest reason to choose the Badlands is the availability of a manual transmission. For me, the enjoyment of driving a 2 door manual every day far exceeds my desire for a better suspension.

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know if the Wildtrak's wiring harness would support adding the SBD, or would you have to wire it to one of the aux. switches? It looks like you can get the parts for < $1800.

SBD Parts

This looks like it would be the cheaper option than adding HOSS 3.0 to a Badlands.

I have a '22 Badlands order, but am wrestling with converting to a Wildtrak for '23 on my reorder now...

Last edited:

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just canā€™t be without the SDB or MGV. I have leather right now from one I bought waiting for my order and I canā€™t wait to ditch it for MGV. The SDB makes forest service roads smooth as hell. Iā€™d love that rack and tie rods but I just canā€™t give up those two things. Does should give the rack and tie rods to the badlands and just the fox shocks to the wildtrak
Sponsored