Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a solid decision.
Lots of folks do the stereo upgrade even with the b&o.
To my knowledge all factory hardtops can get the same sound deadening. I don’t believe there will be any significant sound difference between 2 models with the same hardtops.
Finally, you can get discounted prices if you search. There’s a dealer here that will sell new orders at or near invoice. Not much of a discount from msrp but it’s something.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sounds like a solid decision.
Lots of folks do the stereo upgrade even with the b&o.
To my knowledge all factory hardtops can get the same sound deadening. I don’t believe there will be any significant sound difference between 2 models with the same hardtops.
Finally, you can get discounted prices if you search. There’s a dealer here that will sell new orders at or near invoice. Not much of a discount from msrp but it’s something.
Can you share the dealers name or PM me? I actually picked up my used 2021 First Edition Hennessey in Nashville in 2022, happened to be the same weekend as Bama/UT and got to go to that game. Crazy weekend!

IMG_7938.jpg

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s ok to post a dealer? Hope so.
Two Rivers Ford.
We’ve had great service and experience with them.
Best of luck

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You'll be safe with the Badlands. the 24 badlands gets the upgraded steering rack, regardless of Sasquatch package or not. If you plan on swapping suspension and tires, skip the Squatch and put those funds toward the lift, tires, etc. The Badlands gets all the Sasquatch equipment, m210 front axle, lockers, etc, so not missing much besides beadlock capable wheels. 🤙
Seems like the discounts are a lot better on the 23's, so now the question is, a 2023 with SAS for $5k off or a 2024 without SAS due to updates?

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like the discounts are a lot better on the 23's, so now the question is, a 2023 with SAS for $5k off or a 2024 without SAS due to updates?
If your goal is to run 37's, the upgraded HD steering rack is a good idea. Seems like the Hoss 2.0 rack has a hard time pushing 37's around.

You can save that 5k now and use it later on for a steering upgrade or tires. Therr's a few options for beefing up the hoss 2.0 racks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If your goal is to run 37's, the upgraded HD steering rack is a good idea. Seems like the Hoss 2.0 rack has a hard time pushing 37's around.

You can save that 5k now and use it later on for a steering upgrade or tires. Therr's a few options for beefing up the hoss 2.0 racks.
Oh gotcha, so the 2024 gets the 3.0 Hoss rack (without getting the Hoss 3.0 system) but the 2023 does not, even with the SAS pkg?

What does adding SAS to the 24 get me? Basically just the 4.7 rear end?

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh gotcha, so the 2024 gets the 3.0 Hoss rack (without getting the Hoss 3.0 system) but the 2023 does not, even with the SAS pkg?

What does adding SAS to the 24 get me? Basically just the 4.7 rear end?
Correct. 24 Badlands, and any Sasquatch equipped Bronco gets the HD steering.
Adding Sasquatch to a Badlands gets wider flares, the beadlock capable wheels with 315.70r17 tires, 4.7 gears, and 1.1" (give or take) taller ride height compared to non Squatch, excluding Badlands.

If you opt for a manual Badlands, you get the 4.7 final drive as well. That's the route I went. Manual non Squatch Badlands. The "special" Badlands Bilstein suspension has a bit more suspension travel compared to the Sasquatch Bilsteins.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got it, so if I am replacing fenders and wheels/tires, the SAS seems like it doesnt make sense for essentially the 4.7

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it, so if I am replacing fenders and wheels/tires, the SAS seems like it doesnt make sense for essentially the 4.7
Yeah. You'll be spending 5k just to throw away parts. Im not sure how the 4.46 gears handle 37's. I havent seen many complaints regarding that combo though. Maybe it is worth it just for the 4.7 gears.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best non-Sasquatch Bronco is the Badlands, for what you get and options available. A lot of that is off road capability, though, so in a sense you'll be overpaying. However, if you wife digs it, I assume it's worth it...

You will most likely be fine if you're not off roading 37's on the SD steering rack (HOSS 2.0). If you find it's not, then upgrade to the HD rack for less than $2k.

I will say you're moving to one of the off road mecca's for rock crawling. Duranagaton can run around the Alpine Loop because most of that's not particularly difficult rock-wise, but those trails are there (like Kelly's Flats). Even Mineral Creek you'd be behooved to have more than stock non-Sas clearance (except BL non-Sas, which is very close).

For me, I would probably be looking at a 23 WT for the savings but you get everything. Then sell the take offs. The fenders (and not fender flares) are the same AFAIK, so the slightly wider fender flare on the Sasquatch, you can also sell those if you're going with a full fender replacement.

But your wife doesn't like the interior, which I agree I don't like it that much either. So I'd say for you a '23 BL non-Sas w/High package and focus on take-offs and what you can sell after replacing. I wouldn't sweat too much the HD rack unless you want to start rock crawling or add a >1.5" suspension lift (which will throw off the geometry w/tie rods and CVs).

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't get the hate for the WT interior - it's not that bad. I guess I would prefer all black myself, but I don't even notice the tan anymore. Also, a side benefit of the tan - it doesn't show scratches as bad as the black. Everyone has their likes/dislikes - I get it. The gearing matters to me , so Sasquatch for the 4.70s...

ETA: I ordered a BL w/Sas, but got tired of waiting for Ford to build it. Bought a WT for a decent deal, and modified it the same I would have a BL. I see no difference in capability between BL/WT with the exception being the SB disco on the BL - which is easily remedied...

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get the hate for the WT interior - it's not that bad. I guess I would prefer all black myself, but I don't even notice the tan anymore. Also, a side benefit of the tan - it doesn't show scratches as bad as the black. Everyone has their likes/dislikes - I get it. The gearing matters to me , so Sasquatch for the 4.70s...
"it's not that bad" is kinda how all the 6g interiors are... Maybe I'm just used to the BL, but I think it's fine (not great) and of course the black vinyl seats aren't, y'know, great.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"it's not that bad" is kinda how all the 6g interiors are... Maybe I'm just used to the BL, but I think it's fine (not great) and of course the black vinyl seats aren't, y'know, great.
Exactly!

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I feel like the First Edition got the bets interior then it went south from there and never fixed. I am actually kinda shocked you can't get the BL interior in the WT, if you could I would have just gotten a WT. I could deal with the seat color but the dash is much harder to overlook/fix. Should have just been black

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just more of a long term thing. You obviously like toys n thrills, they may be different thrills for now but some things I see are that people think when new that they will just do "light trails". I'm guilty of this myself. My first Jeep purchase, wifey asked what I would do to it, meaning, how much are you putting into this with her evil eye.

I responded with just wheels/tires and I think I actually believed it at that minute.

Fast forward not even 3 years and here I am with my 2nd jeep ( rubicon diesel build), the bronco as a secondary rig and we hit dirt on average multiple times per week.
Sponsored