Sponsored

Extending tailgate spare tire rubber bumper?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Roost

Roost

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you Bad Bronco. I actually ordered this already as someone earlier in the thread also posted the same suggestion. I’ll update with photos once the project is complete.(y)

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I looked at the shipping to ship it to Canada - No thanks :ROFLMAO: I hope I can find a more local solution… Outside of the squash ball idea.
one of the benefits of having a place in the US my friend..... 😁 I don't mind the squash ball idea. Your goal is to stop any vibration from the bottom of the tire which could create stress fractures where the bolts connect the tire to the tailgate via the mount.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

one of the benefits of having a place in the US my friend..... 😁 I don't mind the squash ball idea. Your goal is to stop any vibration from the bottom of the tire which could create stress fractures where the bolts connect the tire to the tailgate via the mount.
Ah, that makes sense.

I have two squash balls I’ll test out. If I notice a significant benefit to using them, I’ll get a long term solution. I just installed the Turn Off Road reinforcement bracket on my tailgate, so I’m less concerned with my spare tire moving slightly.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah, that makes sense.

I have two squash balls I’ll test out. If I notice a significant benefit to using them, I’ll get a long term solution. I just installed the Turn Off Road reinforcement bracket on my tailgate, so I’m less concerned with my spare tire moving slightly.
This. I have the DV8 reinforcement and the TOR tire camera mount. The setup is rock solid and I doubt the tire is moving around a lot. Perhaps I'll try the squash balls.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This. I have the DV8 reinforcement and the TOR tire camera mount. The setup is rock solid and I doubt the tire is moving around a lot. Perhaps I'll try the squash balls.
Just added mine - it doesn’t look as stupid as I thought it might. Not bad for $14!

Ford Bronco Extending tailgate spare tire rubber bumper? IMG_5070

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just added mine - it doesn’t look as stupid as I thought it might. Not bad for $14!

Ford Bronco Extending tailgate spare tire rubber bumper? IMG_5070
Where did you get them from? Amazon? Or just run up to the local store? It does not look bad at all.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you get them from? Amazon? Or just run up to the local store? It does not look bad at all.
I just got them from a local store. Specifically got these ones below, but be careful, as some of the other colours of balls are a little larger in shape (and other different make-up principles), for different experience levels. There's blue, red, yellow, and double yellow dots.

I Googled the difference and learned quite a bit about a game I don't have any knowledge of prior :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Extending tailgate spare tire rubber bumper? Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 1.12.34 PM
Sponsored