indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes... this is across all carmakers... affordable smaller cars are flying off lots. Sales are not declining... the consumer is shifting their purchases to different types of cars.

EVs like the Lightning and Mach-E boomed in sales because of $8-12K price cuts. There are trims now less expensive than the ICE counterpart or similar ICE car.
The problem prior to COVID was manufacturers dropping some of their economy car lines. Due to people not buying them and profit margins. People wanted bigger vehicles in particular SUVs.

I recall end of 2019 when I managed to find a new Kia Soul manual trans and buy it for 14k, some of the other economy cars I was looking at such as Fiesta were being discontinued. Does Ford even make a low cost economy car anymore?

Glad by chance I bought 3 vehicles including my price locked Bronco prior to COVID/inflation. I'm just going to ride these out for the foreseeable future.
Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The problem prior to COVID was manufacturers dropping some of their economy car lines. Due to people not buying them and profit margins. People wanted bigger vehicles in particular SUVs.

I recall end of 2019 when I managed to find a new Kia Soul manual trans and buy it for 14k, some of the other economy cars I was looking at such as Fiesta were being discontinued. Does Ford even make a low cost economy car anymore?

Glad by chance I bought 3 vehicles including my price locked Bronco prior to COVID/inflation. I'm just going to ride these out for the foreseeable future.
Ford exited the economy and luxury car markets by discontinuing the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, Taurus on the Ford side, as well as MKZ and Continental for Lincoln.

The only "car" Ford produces now is the other Pony in the stable.

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Huh? Because of YoY sales decline.

1714574877057-5k.png
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I see a ton more Bronco Sports than Broncos nowadays. I'm not sure if its the cheap factor or what, but I probably see 10 Bronco Sports before I see a Bronco.

Tbh I'm surprised they sell so well.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can still have a 2024 OBX with 2.7L V6 if you ordered prior to yesterday and if it's built before Job #2(Estimated July). Going forward you can't order it as of Job #2:

1714565791007-df.png
Is the inside of the MOD top now white??

I just completed a new 2024 build identical to my 2023 Wildtrak and the 2024 is $1,845 more.
Really want the black painted roof to complete my look but def glad I got my 22. They will never get me to trade at these price increases lol. My build had every option and was 63K a year and a half ago. Same build is pushing 70K now.
Yeah, it'd be a stretch for me to get my same trim now - it was $62k out the door when I got mine 2 years ago. Equally trimmed, it's now 8k more, at $70k, with the only difference being the HOSS 3.0. It's ridiculous. Adding the black painted top (which I originally ordered, but sacrificed to actually get the thing) bumps that up another grand or so.
I understand they had everyone over a barrel during/coming out of covid with supply issues and could increase prices, but it's too high, especially considering they've not added anything new to account for the massive increase, or worse, removed some features.

Sponsored

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
considering The 24s all have 12” screen and vinyl seats that’s crazy it’s less. I checked the build and price and you seem to be right. I do see a new “acquisition fee“ buried at the end on 24s though and I think destination charge has gone up so it’s probably a wash.
Acquistion fee is for leases only. Destination has been $1895 since last year. I did notice that there is a $750 rebate on the 24's now.

Zybore

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2024
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I purchased a new 2023 outer banks bronco last weekend. I am confused on the prices between the years.

For MY2024 the base price is $47,940 (my base price was $49,530) , and the cost of the LUX package is $2,930 (my sticker shows this cost $3945)...

I am curious why Ford would lower the cost on such a hot seller? Or is the 'new hotness' love over?

[ADMIN] Updated with 2024MY New Content Changes, courtesy of @AceGoliath:iy

1714565791007-df.png
From my experience 2023 ended the standard OBX cloth seats in March but treated the leather seats as a required option. This caused the price to raise 2-3K. I canceled my order at that point. 2024 made the leather standard and reduced the price to keep the OBX in the original price point. And also 2024 saw the OBX downgraded to entry level capabilities by eliminating the 4A option. Still ordered and bought a 2024 despite losing those great seats and 4A.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
considering The 24s all have 12” screen and vinyl seats that’s crazy it’s less. I checked the build and price and you seem to be right. I do see a new “acquisition fee“ buried at the end on 24s though and I think destination charge has gone up so it’s probably a wash.
The acquisition fee shows up because the financing is set to "lease". It is not applicable unless it's a lease.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I see a ton more Bronco Sports than Broncos nowadays. I'm not sure if its the cheap factor or what, but I probably see 10 Bronco Sports before I see a Bronco.

Tbh I'm surprised they sell so well.
Its not surprising to me, my wife has a badlands, and they are really great for what they are. Better fuel mileage, pretty quick with the badlands engine, look good.

If you don't need big tires and 4LO, and just have to deal with bad weather or slightly rough forest roads I think its a great vehicle.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't care if I sound like an old man yelling at the sky.

1) Ford's massive MSRP price increases were absolutely stupid.
a) sure inflation had been large and continuing, but NOT as large as their price increases
b) I have no problem with the market reaction to the stupidity of the car market during the COVID sillies
- however Ford's late(r) reaction to it and their inability to change or lack of understanding of what is happening then and now is laughable
- this also applies to dealers, if they were able to find idiots to pay a markup on a mass produced car then good for them, they need to learn too that the market has drastically changed however

2) Hiding features/options behind pay walls is maddeningly stupid
a) I know I was called out for daring to complaining about it with the Maverick, but Ford moving options that were stand-alone to behind a pay wall (i.e. into a package) is maddening
b) as an example one BIG feature is the 4A driveline being incorporated into the SAS package

3) Increasing packages prices w/o adding anything to it
a) this can partially be explained in point 1; however, removing the Base and then not adding anything meaningful to the other trim levels yet increasing prices
b) I will concede that adding the correct sized screen to all models this MY is nice, but Ford will have some level of economy of scale by standardizing the screen and wire-harnesses and dash bezel etc. across all trims and radio options

4) This is mainly directed at Ford and the Bronco itself
a) quality
- the cheap interior materials feels like it just wasn't cared about
b) engineering time
- the Sport seems to have gotten the lion's share of attention for this and the Bronco was thrown together as an after thought, the design was nailed IMHO, however, the tech and ERGO and design of the driver's space is a let down
c) the "dirt mountain" was a bad look to those of us on this site, but we are small group of enthusiasts but it does reveal the short comings in Ford's plan to build

Car prices today on ALL cars and by ALL manufacturers are out of line and stupid. I also don't just mean manufacturers selling over-optioned cars, but cars just being priced way too high in general. I know the market sucks right now and that in manufacturing especially it is difficult to make a profit but if you are making a product that you need a mass audience to buy then pricing it so that audience can't is asinine. These are not bespoke cars.

For those people ordering cars, I get the frustration about wanting something and it not being here, however this is not like ordering something from an Amazon warehouse. You are configuring a car and order it specifically for you. Yes Ford can do better, but I think some people need a more measured and realistic approach to ordering a car. I will defend Ford on that, and when they send you the blend and build dates etc. etc. and if those dates change then Ford is damned if they do and damned if they don't. People will complain that Ford isn't telling them anything or people will complain the date changed. There are a lot of commodities that have to come together at the exact same and correct time to build a car. If one thing changes in that plan then the entire schedule could change. That said, people who have been waiting for a year or two I don't know what the heck Ford is doing!

At any rate, I really dig my Bronco, and Ford can do better on some things and people need to be more realistic about others. Tissues put away.

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i just built a job 2 version of my ‘24 Big Bend 4 dr sas 2.3/auto I picked up in Feb on the B&P and the job 2 version comes in about $1k more. I built it with the Everglades wheels though which are cheaper.

kind of annoying the are offering those now, I’m seriously thinking of picking up a set from ford. I would have just ordered them on my bronco had they been available. That’s the way it goes I guess. Before Ford bought back my ‘23 Bronco I saw the ‘24s were going to get a 12” screen and better steering rack and I was ticked then too and thought…crap I want a ‘24!!!! Ended up getting one anyway so life was good. 😂

can anyone make sense of the 2 dual top options, not sure what thats all about. lot of ’discount’ options Whatever those are.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. I hadn't looked at B&P since my 2021 order (delivered in May 2023). B&P for the equivalent 2024 Badlands non-SAS 2.7 HT is almost $10k more than I paid with price protection. Not purely apples to apples but close.

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I couldn't even order my 2dr Outer Banks 2.3L auto high package, eruption green now, no way to compare.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just ran the same comparison to my MY2023 WIldtrak (w/2022 Price Protection) and it is now $10k more. Add that to higher interest rates...no wonder sales are declining. Fewer people can afford these Bronco's!
$3150 more than my early 2023 build BD. Yes the '24 has a 12" screen but I could not add 4A because it is only on the SAS package. Even after $2k ADM I paid I am still ahead and have had the vehicle to enjoy for a year. Was pretty sure that is the way things would turn out despite many here stating that anyone who pays ADM is an idiot. Sometimes people cut off their nose to spite their face.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

lets hope competition and economy will drive down prices. Toyota new trailhunter trim is very complete from the factory.
Sponsored