First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I misremembering or didn’t Ford advertise this in 2020 with the roll-out. I remember all of the “turret” jokes. I know they blamed Webasto yada-yada, but this is like 4 years late.

Just for reference, the Trans Continental Railroad took 6 years to build in the 1860’s. And we were pumping out Battleships in like 6 months in the 1910’s[edit* 13 months, point remains.] I know it’s apples to oranges, but cmon Ford, your yearly revenue is like $175B with $25B in profit…do better.

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Am I misremembering or didn’t Ford advertise this in 2020 with the roll-out. I remember all of the “turret” jokes. I know they blamed Webasto yada-yada, but this is like 4 years late.

Just for reference, the Trans Continental Railroad took 6 years to build in the 1860’s. And we were pumping out Battleships in like 6 months in the 1910’s. I know it’s apples to oranges, but cmon Ford, your yearly revenue is like $175B with $25B in profit…do better.
Yep, original plan was color matched and black then only black, then none until the Heritage offered it up in white. Looks like the HEs will still be the only way to get a white top unless you have a white Raptor.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just for reference, the Trans Continental Railroad took 6 years to build in the 1860’s. And we were pumping out Battleships in like 6 months in the 1910’s. I know it’s apples to oranges, but cmon Ford, your yearly revenue is like $175B with $25B in profit…do better.
Yep, original plan was color matched and black then only black, then none until the Heritage offered it up in white. Looks like the HEs will still be the only way to get a white top unless you have a white Raptor.
Yup, my original order on 2/1/2021 was for a 2dr CO Badlands with the black MOD top... And now I have a 2dr AGM HE because that was the only way to get the MOD top until now. I do like the HE better anyway, so it worked out well for me in the end.

The original plan for the MOD tops was Black only for MY2021, white and body-color were to be added for MY2022. Then in March 2021, Ford said the MOD top was pushed back to MY2022 and in June 2021, they pushed it back to MY2023.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yup, my original order on 2/1/2021 was for a 2dr CO Badlands with the black MOD top... And now I have a 2dr AGM HE because that was the only way to get the MOD top until now. I do like the HE better anyway, so it worked out well for me in the end.

The original plan for the MOD tops was Black only for MY2021, white and body-color were to be added for MY2022. Then in March 2021, Ford said the MOD top was pushed back to MY2022 and in June 2021, they pushed it back to MY2023.
Mine was a Velocity Blue BD with the black mod with the hopes that white would eventually make the list. I thought it was color matched, then black, then nothing, then HE white? I remember the original configurator showed the mod top color matched but it didn't stick around very long before it was only black with body color coming later to nothing but crickets.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The last statement on the "original plan" is incorrect. The black mod top was to be standard on the FE and WT for MY'21. Those trims have the gloss black mirror caps as a reminder of the omission. But the OBX was the only trim that had the option for a body-color mod top. Of course 3 years later, the HE was the only trim with a white mod top. This Job2 announcement restricts the body-color mod top to only the Raptor.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The last statement on the "original plan" is incorrect. The black mod top was to be standard on the FE and WT for MY'21. Those trims have the gloss black mirror caps as a reminder of the omission. But the OBX was the only trim that had the option for a body-color mod top. Of course 3 years later, the HE was the only trim with a white mod top. This Job2 announcement restricts the body-color mod top to only the Raptor.
I'm not referring to any B&P, online configurators or Ford "announcements", I'm only referring to what was actually able to be ordered according the the 2021 Order guide from December 2020 and the 2021 packaging guide from February 2021.

I don't remember the OBX getting a body-color MOD top, but I never really paid much attention to that trim since you couldn't get a manual with it.

Attachments

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not referring to any B&P, online configurators or Ford "announcements", I'm only referring to what was actually able to be ordered according the the 2021 Order guide from December 2020 and the 2021 packaging guide from February 2021.

I don't remember the OBX getting a body-color MOD top, but I never really paid much attention to that trim since you couldn't get a manual with it.
The OBX had the body-color mod top as an option. But it was the only trim that offered the body-color option. Other optional mod tops were gloss black.

The OBX was targeted to the Sahara Wrangler trim offering which has the body-color HT.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

As a life long Ford product owner, I totally agree with your statement. The two things that Ford has no excuse for on the Bronco are the hard tops, and the windows that vibrate when only half way down. They test these vehicles and no one picked up on the window issue? The hard tops never required some brand new technology. Unfortunately this sort of thing happens when one’s quality and reputation are jeopardized by contracting out manufacturing parts.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a life long Ford product owner, I totally agree with your statement. The two things that Ford has no excuse for on the Bronco are the hard tops, and the windows that vibrate when only half way down. They test these vehicles and no one picked up on the window issue? The hard tops never required some brand new technology. Unfortunately this sort of thing happens when one’s quality and reputation are jeopardized by contracting out manufacturing parts.
Ford made a decision to skip over development stage gates. That multiplied by picking the cheapest supplier (that has sucked for 20 years) causes a long delay.

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think a glossy black top would look good with most colors. The Mic looks real good with my A51 IMHO. I might try to get a white Modular if the Mic goes to hell. I actually think the Body color would look good on most, I remember some '77s Ford did that way, too bad it's Raptor only. And Everglades wheels would be sweet with Sasquatch

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think a glossy black top would look good with most colors. The Mic looks real good with my A51 IMHO. I might try to get a white Modular if the Mic goes to hell. I actually think the Body color would look good on most, I remember some '77s Ford did that way, too bad it's Raptor only. And Everglades wheels would be sweet with Sasquatch
Just need body color/gloss black door handles and mirrors and it will go with any color

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, just in time for the
We’ve seen this before

Ford Bronco New MOD Painted Hardtop Roof Option available starting Job 2 IMG_7791
Leave ADV outta this! They are a "reputable" company that is turning out hardtops 12-16 weeks!!!!!
Sponsored