First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At least it gives you an idea.... To be honest I did not go to coil overs for the lift. I went with the coil overs for the ride. And the ride is dramatically improved over the HOSS 2... I have the Coil overs set to the lowest lift possible.
I am planning on getting the 74 Weld Portals in April next year. I currently have the ICON Stage 8 suspension kit. Can you explain how you got an extra 2" of lift if your CO are set to the lowest life i.e. does that mean you took off all the preload or just ran the CO from the manufactured shipped setting?
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am planning on getting the 74 Weld Portals in April next year. I currently have the ICON Stage 8 suspension kit. Can you explain how you got an extra 2" of lift if your CO are set to the lowest life i.e. does that mean you took off all the preload or just ran the CO from the manufactured shipped setting?
I had Accutune disassemble and revalve my CO's based on my weight. the setting for the front coil has NO preload... Can not lower them at all. they provide a little over 2 inches of lift because of the length of spring. Accutune did preload the rears about 1.5 to 2 inch... I left them as Accutune set them. This has given me a relatively level profile.

Every coil over manufacturer runs a different set of springs. The springs are going to give you the lift. I do not know what the Icon springs provide without any preload.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to convert to the Pro-X 4 link, I do not have a factory sway bar, I don't really see any options (Rock Jock with a potential future). From what I am understanding than the Bronco with this mod would be more susceptible to roll overs? So how does a rear sway bar address the low roll center? Does it fully correct it?
The difference in height between the roll center and the CG is what causes body "roll" when lateral forces are present such as in turning or in off-camber situations. As this distance increases it will increase susceptibility to rollover. Adding a rear anti-sway bar will increase resistance to this body roll and help offset the increase in the distance between CG and the roll center. That is the theory. The guys that have done the modification can chime in to as how much it overcomes the change.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The difference in height between the roll center and the CG is what causes body "roll" when lateral forces are present such as in turning or in off-camber situations. As this distance increases it will increase susceptibility to rollover. Adding a rear anti-sway bar will increase resistance to this body roll and help offset the increase in the distance between CG and the roll center. That is the theory. The guys that have done the modification can chime in to as how much it overcomes the change.
I have lifted a number of vehicles. This bronco has considerably less body roll than any of the others even though I have lifted it further. I have about 6 inches of lift total (only two inches of suspension). My truck has 5 inches of lift (all suspension). The truck has considerably more body roll and is considerably less stable when cornering at speed.

I only have the sway bar on the front of my 2 door Bronco. My GMC Canyon has sway bars on front and rear.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4" from portals and 2" from coil overs and running on 40s...

this is next to a raptor on 37s.

bronco vs raptor crop.jpg

I think it is plenty... and to be honest I would not want to go any higher.... I am okay off camber but keep going up and I would start having issues.
Thank you for the comparison pic. Would like to see more photos of your bronco, two door score.