First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
... of course not everybody needs this, but you can't have every single product, doo dad, widget, etc, etc, bolted on your Bronco if you don't have these.
Sponsored

Obeh4ve

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Toyota Tacoma and the 1st and 2nd Gen Tundras had frames that intentionally flexed.
Both of those design methodologies can be correct. Now hug it out ;)

Obeh4ve

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I came from drag racing my Fox body back in the late 80's early 90's and those are a uni-body. Not a frame with a body attached to it. I have seen many, many stangs, yes even convertibles, with no rollbar and big power tweek the doors, hatches, so to that aspect I agree with you. In that case a rollbar will stiffen the chassis because the chassis and the body are one, hence UNI-BODY. But. That is a uni-body vehicle, no frame. The Bronc is a body on frame.

1702990687559.png

In theory you can drive a Bronco with no body. The chassis is the chassis, independant of the body. In my above example you will notice that Steeda has put the brace on the coilover top mount, ON THE CHASSIS, NOT the body. This will help. Now if you were to, or if Ford did, put the roll bar onto the chassis THEN you would benefit because the roll bar is mounted to the chassis. As of right now the roll bar is part of the body not the chassis. Therefore it has rubber body mounts and doing anything to the roll bar without it being on the chassis will gain very minimal results. IMO.
Yea I've seen many 3 wheeled wonders going down the track. That's a straight line where NVH and body flex takes a back seat to weight reduction, acceleration and traction. I get your point about unibody vs BoF. I also remember how squeaky and rattly the old Fox bodies were. A body that flexes less tied to a frame that flexes less will be an improvement. For me. All said and done I'll still look in to a brace. No I will not got to delrin body mounts. :) I'm not THAT in to stiffening things up

Obeh4ve

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had an open wheel license. Like I said designed and required for the 1%. sold and marketed to the 99%. Did not claim it served no purpose, only that a majority of those buying it likely could not identify it's presence or not
Might be because I don't consider myself a 1%er but I still like a body and chassis that flexes less. I'm happy for you that you're a 1%er and are more knowledgeable than the 99% of the ignorati. You do you and keep telling folks how ignorant they are all while providing nothing that helps people learn.

Sponsored

6inthefamily

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2023 4 door SAS with dual tops and I am surprised with the amount of creaks and rattles with the softop (up or down) that the hardtop just doesn’t have.

Do these braces help?

i911fire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got this kit (B & C). I came over from Wrangler and liked the bar over head in it. I have installed the B cross brace. It looks nice. The fit and finish is aesthetically pleasing. I am also taking the opportunity to utilized the B brace to add an additional light. Should be able to hook into the rear interior light with the extra light provided in the kit.

My '21 Wildtrak does not have the rivnuts so I have to drill. I'll post pics when it is done.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My '21 Wildtrak does not have the rivnuts so I have to drill. I'll post pics when it is done.
Thank you. Look forward to seeing some details!

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone show these installed please. I am confused about where these go.

thanks

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Can someone show these installed please. I am confused about where these go.

thanks
You probably do not need them then....

they attach to the roll cage above the "B" pillar and on the back side of the roll cage from the down tube to the cross bar (where the back speakers are).

can't show you a pic because I do not have them.... They are to stiffen the roll bar and by default the entire body.

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you add support and strength to the roll cage this will stiffen up body flex mostly but the rigidity of the body does translate to the frame through the body mounts. So this would slightly stiffen the frame but mostly stiffen up the body from flex. The strut brace is similar idea to bracing done in prerunner truck to add support to the shock mounts to keep them from buckling in under impact.

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You probably do not need them then....

they attach to the roll cage above the "B" pillar and on the back side of the roll cage from the down tube to the cross bar (where the back speakers are).

can't show you a pic because I do not have them.... They are to stiffen the roll bar and by default the entire body.
nope don’t need them or want them.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any issues encountered installing nutserts in the rollbar, other than the difficult drilling? I'd like more connection points on the rollbar, will probably use a cobalt drill bit.

I've already installed this quick and dirty 2x4 kayak carrier on the rollbar, using existing nutserts (photo below). But would rather have attachment points in better locations on the rollbar for fastening various items. In this case, I would have moved the front 2x4 further forward, if there were nutserts closer to the windshield.

BroncoKayakRack_sm.jpg
You are getting good linear stiffening with the yaks, and lateral stiffening with the 2xs but I might suggest lashing the paddles cross ways yo limit twist.
Sponsored