Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread should be mandatory reading for any off road novices sure they really really need some fancy upgrades to their Bronco. There are ramifications to cutting into your vehicle to change out whole systems. Sometimes, as Flip suggests, it's a secondary non-related or not entirely related issue to the install. Sometimes it's the natural outcome of some change, where the on road handling goes to hell. Also a decent example of use your local shops, and if you don't trust them, maybe you don't really need that 6" RC lift (I kid, nobody needs a 6" RC lift...).

I feel for you, I know I'd be aggravated if I spent all that money and had what I considered unusable or problematic results. (Worse if I should've known and missed or dismissed it.) I personally don't see how AccuTane is on the hook because they suggested an installer. Shit happens, and it tends to happen to me. It looks like it might've happened to you, too.

Now to the diagnosis phase: If they suggested disabling 4A, did you try that? Did it improve or go away? As Flip suggested, if you swap out your tires, does it improve? Is there any way you can change the issue, even a little? Whatever you do, look around for a good diagnostic tech and take it to them. Another possibility is to offer to pay the other shop if they can remove the issue, under the stipulation if they're at fault, they won't charge you or charge you less than their hourly.

Unfortunately, the resolution is yours. I had torque steer years ago on an 82 F-250 (it was 1995 and the truck was a mess) with a big lift and big tires etc. I was never able to get it resolved. Had someone tell me it was the axle. It was dangerous above 55mph (hello above 5mph), and I certainly worried more about the leaking master cylinder, busted gas gauge, etc.

I've found, a lot of times when I get all worked up into a lather, later I regret it because the issue does turn out to be either wholly my fault, or simply nobodies fault. I hope it works out for you and you can begin enjoying your upgraded Bronco soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think itā€™s dumb that 4A is engaged when in Sport mode. Disable that and back away from the 4A button. Personally, I would only use it on traction compromised roads.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP have you tried using sport mode and turning off traction control? That would take nanny system braking out of the equation possibly.

OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This thread should be mandatory reading for any off road novices sure they really really need some fancy upgrades to their Bronco. There are ramifications to cutting into your vehicle to change out whole systems. Sometimes, as Flip suggests, it's a secondary non-related or not entirely related issue to the install. Sometimes it's the natural outcome of some change, where the on road handling goes to hell. Also a decent example of use your local shops, and if you don't trust them, maybe you don't really need that 6" RC lift (I kid, nobody needs a 6" RC lift...).

I feel for you, I know I'd be aggravated if I spent all that money and had what I considered unusable or problematic results. (Worse if I should've known and missed or dismissed it.) I personally don't see how AccuTane is on the hook because they suggested an installer. Shit happens, and it tends to happen to me. It looks like it might've happened to you, too.

Now to the diagnosis phase: If they suggested disabling 4A, did you try that? Did it improve or go away? As Flip suggested, if you swap out your tires, does it improve? Is there any way you can change the issue, even a little? Whatever you do, look around for a good diagnostic tech and take it to them. Another possibility is to offer to pay the other shop if they can remove the issue, under the stipulation if they're at fault, they won't charge you or charge you less than their hourly.

Unfortunately, the resolution is yours. I had torque steer years ago on an 82 F-250 (it was 1995 and the truck was a mess) with a big lift and big tires etc. I was never able to get it resolved. Had someone tell me it was the axle. It was dangerous above 55mph (hello above 5mph), and I certainly worried more about the leaking master cylinder, busted gas gauge, etc.

I've found, a lot of times when I get all worked up into a lather, later I regret it because the issue does turn out to be either wholly my fault, or simply nobodies fault. I hope it works out for you and you can begin enjoying your upgraded Bronco soon.
I never said accutune was on the hook. I never said they were to blame. I never said the installer was to blame either. I started this thread just asking for help on how to fix the issue Iā€™m having.

I called accutune asking for suggestions or guidance after the problem arose. They essentially said too bad so sad. I left it at that with them. Accutune inserted themselves because of this thread after the fact.

Yes the car operates completely fine when not in sport/4a. When sport mode is on the car wants to kill me.

Hope that helps. I appreciate your reply and opinions as I do with every member on this forum.

Iā€™m not even mad at accutune. I donā€™t like how I was treated by them and how they called asking me to take down a post of me asking for help, but I have thick skin. Is what it is.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never said accutune was on the hook. I never said they were to blame. I never said the installer was to blame either. I started this thread just asking for help on how to fix the issue Iā€™m having.

I called accutune asking for suggestions or guidance after the problem arose. They essentially said too bad so sad. I left it at that with them. Accutune inserted themselves because of this thread after the fact.

Yes the car operates completely fine when not in sport/4a. When sport mode is on the car wants to kill me.

Hope that helps. I appreciate your reply and opinions as I do with every member on this forum.

Iā€™m not even mad at accutune. I donā€™t like how I was treated by them and how they called asking me to take down a post of me asking for help, but I have thick skin. Is what it is.
The typed words in the thread comes across like you at least partially blame AccuTune for not helping more. That is what it is. I know it's frustrating, but frankly other than the recommendation, I don't know how AccuTune got mentioned anyway.

If it goes away w/4A disabled, that definitely feels like an issue that could have been introduced separately. I guess something maybe got bent, but as Flip discussed, it could be a myriad of issues. I would say try to find someone local whose a good mechanic/tech and see what they can come up with. It's got to be frustrating (I always drive in 4A and don't like the feel of 2H as much).

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I pretty much preach this here. I keep seeing posts, just like the one we are in now, about guys wanting to lift their independent front suspension Broncos 7 inches and throw on giant tires just to go hunting, when everyone else is in clapped out RWD 2003 Silverados on bald walmart tires going to the same spots. Look at me I've got the biggest truck!!!

Then they end up either doing A) ruining the driving dynamics of the Bronco, B) creating an issue like this thread, C) hating how it now drives, or D) all of the above.

There are engineering limits and tolerances for a reason. Most of the aftermarket companies don't understand this whatsoever. They just want to market and sell their products without thinking of safety or how it impacts the drivability.

I think itā€™s dumb that 4A is engaged when in Sport mode. Disable that and back away from the 4A button. Personally, I would only use it on traction compromised roads.
Same. I don't care what the owners manual says, you really shouldn't drive a 4WD system like the Bronco's 4A on dry pavement, and certainly not with steering angle applied.

Heavy rain, snow, or gravel. Knock yourself out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The typed words in the thread comes across like you at least partially blame AccuTune for not helping more. That is what it is. I know it's frustrating, but frankly other than the recommendation, I don't know how AccuTune got mentioned anyway.

If it goes away w/4A disabled, that definitely feels like an issue that could have been introduced separately. I guess something maybe got bent, but as Flip discussed, it could be a myriad of issues. I would say try to find someone local whose a good mechanic/tech and see what they can come up with. It's got to be frustrating (I always drive in 4A and don't like the feel of 2H as much).
I donā€™t care that they didnā€™t help more per se, however being of NO help and then calling me asking me to remove a thread. Telling me I drive like a hoonigan driver, when Iā€™ve never met them, was a little off putting.

Others suggested that the shocks may be to blame, which is why they got brought up. The sole purpose of this thread is just asking for help and trouble shooting with knowledgeable car guys.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t care that they didnā€™t help more per se, however being of NO help and then calling me asking me to remove a thread. Telling me I drive like a hoonigan driver, when Iā€™ve never met them, was a little off putting.

Others suggested that the shocks may be to blame, which is why they got brought up. The sole purpose of this thread is just asking for help and trouble shooting with knowledgeable car guys.
The internet is a cruel place. Sometimes people who didn't do anything wrong get dragged into arguments based on misreadings of a situation. If they're getting blowback from social media or whatnot, I could see being distressed by that kind of attention, and perhaps lash out when they shouldn't have. We are all human here.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The internet is a cruel place. Sometimes people who didn't do anything wrong get dragged into arguments based on misreadings of a situation. If they're getting blowback from social media or whatnot, I could see being distressed by that kind of attention, and perhaps lash out when they shouldn't have. We are all human here.
There is also the anonymous effect, that is a hugeeee reason why there are so many arguments and shit talking on the internet.

I highly doubt most of us are this argumentative in person.

I've been on car forums since 2001, and have been an admin and moderator on some major ones. So for me this is all old news, I am used to it. I never get mad or triggered online, nor should anyone.

Going back and forth, back and forth trying to convince some stranger who has the complete opposite opinion that you opinion is the right one is absolutely pointless and never works.

Some politicians around the world want us to register our real names on social media for example.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is also the anonymous effect, that is a hugeeee reason why there are so many arguments and shit talking on the internet.

I highly doubt most of us are this argumentative in person.

I've been on car forums since 2001, and have been an admin and moderator on some major ones. So for me this is all old news, I am used to it.

Some politicians around the world want us to register our real names on social media for example.
Nah, I'm just as argumentative in person... lol It's a family trait, "shoulda been a lawyer" on the tombstone. My problem is I have a goofy memory so I'm wrong a lot. I think that's made it easier for me to be forgiving, where I think some others are sadists and enjoy seeing others in pain. I also long ago used my name so I wasn't as tempted to flame or troll. But not everyone is so sanguine about that kind of stuff, for sure.

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I have the same issue as OP. Just wanted to say that after I changed tires, the pull to the left side has significantly decreased, but it is still there slightly.

Also it only happens in the beginning when you floor it in 4A.. as I continue with WOT and center steering slightly it stays straight. It's as if the back squat and front lifting moves steering to the left.. I have a theory that maybe my sway bar is bent or something. As someone suggested earlier, will try to remove the sway bar links and try to see if it makes any difference.

I will also try with traction disabled, I have the ABS kill switch so will just disable all of that and give it a shot later today.

Anyway, I've gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me so much anymore, makes absolutely no difference off-road either and I've been running the car pretty hard in the desert for the past year or so.. I too have a custom tuned kings setup with the full RPG arms package.. very happy with the performance so far :) the car eats the competition offroad so far so I'm happy haha

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-28 at 14.52.15_d233b275.jpg

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4A in sport mode isn't a problem - not even after 95k miles of daily use (abuse).

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if bump steer is playing a role. Maybe in 4A you are getting more squat which results in the front rising up more.

From your pics in post 29 the tie rods definitely donā€™t look parallel to the LCA.