First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
APG is legit. You may end up walking outta there with some carbon fiber goodies and a new rear bumper ;)

if I had funds I’d drop my Wildtrak off for some @APG love
Yeah I saw their prices 😬 looks like a legit shop and 15 mins from me I’m going to call them Monday and hopefully they can be more helpful than accutune.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ll give this a try, thank you. If this helps what do you think the cause or next step would be?
I was thinking along the same line as @Broncobro04.

It’s a long shot, but If setting the rear clickers to full-hard makes a true, noticeable difference, I’d consider adding preload to the rear and getting the alignment checked.

Like several others have mentioned, the shocks aren’t the likely root cause, but it’s not wasted effort to check the setup.

As far as next steps go- I can only offer advice on what I’d do if I was in your situation. I’d buy another left front half-shaft and install it myself or have a local shop install it. APG is a great option if they'll do the work for you.

I wouldn’t spend any more time chasing the problem with a shop that’s 2.5 hours away who’s had 2 chances to get it right (whatever the root cause ends up being). To me, it’s not even an issue of fault. It’s the idea of having burned 5-10 hours of driving time and the problem isn’t fixed.

Good luck!

OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was thinking along the same line as @Broncobro04.

It’s a long shot, but If setting the rear clickers to full-hard makes a true, noticeable difference, I’d consider adding preload to the rear and getting the alignment checked.

Like several others have mentioned, the shocks aren’t the likely root cause, but it’s not wasted effort to check the setup.

As far as next steps go- I can only offer advice on what I’d do if I was in your situation. I’d buy another left front half-shaft and install it myself or have a local shop install it. APG is a great option if they'll do the work for you.

I wouldn’t spend any more time chasing the problem with a shop that’s 2.5 hours away who’s had 2 chances to get it right (whatever the root cause ends up being). To me, it’s not even an issue of fault. It’s the idea of having burned 5-10 hours of driving time and the problem isn’t fixed.

Good luck!
Great advice. Thank you. I’m definitely not driving down to San Diego again for this. I truly wish I never got the “custom” kings but going to do my best to fix this. I looked up half shafts, they are 495$ or is that for a pair? Is there better aftermarket ones?

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I looked up half shafts, they are 495$ or is that for a pair? Is there better aftermarket ones?
I feel like it's definitely easier to jack it up and see if it anything looks wrong than to throw parts at it.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great advice. Thank you. I’m definitely not driving down to San Diego again for this. I truly wish I never got the “custom” kings but going to do my best to fix this. I looked up half shafts, they are 495$ or is that for a pair? Is there better aftermarket ones?

Take it to your dealer and say your Bronco is pulling hard left when in Sport mode and you feel vibration in the pedal. I don't think they will charge you to look at it. If they say the CV is damaged, then you can decide if you want to bring it up to your install shop to see if they can rectify it, or replace it yourself, or have your dealer or another shop replace it.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’ll turn out good for you. You’ve got a really good setup on your Bronco, but just hit a snag. Once you get out there with your daughter and enjoy the hobby, you’ll make some great memories with her and this effort will have been well worth it!

I think @F-Spot and @GI_Jo_Nathan offered really solid advice. If you don’t have the time, place, or ability to jack it up yourself and check it out, take it to your local dealer before buying anything. Let them troubleshoot it, then decide how you want to proceed.

I believe the half-shafts retail for $495 each. There are aftermarket options, but I personally wouldn’t worry with those at this point. If you have Ford points, you can probably use those to buy the OEM’s and reduce the cost.

OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any updates? Hopefully good news
No update. Accutune was no real help. The shop that installed the parts also no real help. I called King in Garden Grove, and they said their bronco kit shouldn’t have needed all the parts accutune put in when they “custom tuned” them.

I’ve just been keeping it out of sport mode and living with my mistake. I’m going to get it aligned next week with a shop that will give me an actual print out. I’ll go from there.

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've mentioned here already, but I'd seriously consider taking it to the dealer to just have them look at it. Tell them you notice it pulls violently to the left in Sport mode and you get a vibration in your pedal. As part of warranty, they should at least be able to look at it. As far as repairing under warranty, it could be denied...but at least you might get a clearer picture of what the issue is.

OP
OP
K9handler47

K9handler47

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Final update…

accutune called me and requested I modify or remove this post. I won’t get into more details. I’m going to leave it as is since I feel a lot of the recommendations given by the members were very informative, and may be able to help someone down the road if they have the same issues. I sincerely appreciated each and every piece of advise since it gave me avenues to explore to help problem solve my issue.

I appreciate everyone who reached out! This is a fun community to be a part of.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 21 badlands that I installed the Kings on by myself. Because I did not have the correct socket to remove the axle from the hub, I tried to baby the stock shock out and as expected, overstretched the axle on the driver side. Passenger side went fine. After a few days, noticed clicking on the front driver side while driving and I knew I would need a new axle. Put the new one in and finally was able to drive it. In Sport, mine pulls left on heavy acceleration. Back squats, front lifts and steering wheel starts pointing left.

The only issue is I do not remember the car doing that before but then again, I never really paid attention.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well I hope the OP got it resolved - I'd be interested to hear what the final issue was.

I had a vendor here (will remain unnamed) get mad when I posted a 4-star review (out of 5) - I had one minor comment that I thought would make their product stellar, and that was the only ding I gave them - apart from that a pretty good review, in my opinion. They took great offense to that, went into great detail about how they engineered their own product and how great they thought it was (and it was a good product, just not a ~perfect~ product) and quite literally yelled at me because I didn't give them 5 stars.

I point blank asked if they wanted me to remove my review - I wanted to see what this vendor was intending by trying to berate a paying customer that left a good review. They did decline to go that far (which is good, because I wasn't going to either), but did mention that they put a lot of pride in their reviews - and they obviously took it very personally. But I'd not been so thoroughly insulted and berated in a long time as the vendor who really didn't like my 4 star review.

I hope you leave this post as well - and I also hope that if Accutune does make good and fix it, that you let us know that as well. Sometimes mistakes happen, it's all about what you do after that that matters.

Last edited:

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I hope the OP got it resolved - I'd be interested to hear what the final issue was.

I had a vendor here (will remain unnamed) get mad when I posted a 4-star review (out of 5) - I had one minor comment that I thought would make their product stellar, and that was the only ding I gave them - apart from that a pretty good review, in my opinion. They took great offense to that, went into great detail about how they engineered their own product and how great they thought it was (and it was a good product, just not a ~perfect~ product) and quite literally yelled at me because I didn't give them 5 stars.

I point blank asked if they wanted me to remove my review - I wanted to see what this vendor was intending by trying to berate a paying customer that left a good review. They did decline to go that far (which is good, because I wasn't going to either), but did mention that they put a lot of pride in their reviews - and they obviously took it very personally. But I'd not been so thoroughly insulted and berated in a long time as the vendor who really didn't like my 4 star review.

I hope you leave this post as well - and I also hope that if Accutune does make good and fix it, that you let us know that as well. Sometimes mistakes happen, it's all about what you do after that that matters.
Maybe I missed something but I'm not sure why the OP is throwing Accutune under the bus when they didn't do this install?
Sponsored