Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Metal-tech 4x4 is proud to release the Aces High Rear bumper in a full modular system. Build it out how you want it for your Bronco, now or over time. Start with the main bumper shell, and add CNC machined Pull points and LED backup lights. Then, now, or in the future, install the full swing out to get your spare tire off your back door. Swing out fits up to a 39.5" spare and handles the load with our 2k lbs rated drop-in double shear spindle with the pivot hub loaded with twin tapered bearings, or add it later as your truck evolves. With the swing arm add-on, bolt on one or two fuel/water holders for more range and piece of mind.

We took our already successful, proven-to-perform rear swing-out bumper and added some additional features, then broke it down into al-a-cart fashion so anyone can build it out the way they want it for their truck. Thus, the Aces High Rear Bumper System. Deal your truck a winning hand. Systems start at $1499. They are 100% made in the US and made in-house by Metal-tech 4x4.

Check out the detailed install videos:

Ford Bronco Aces High Rear Bumper by Metal-tech 4x4 - Full Modular System - Build Out As You Wish Aces high IG

New Plug and Play Wiring harness only available with bumper purchase:

After installing a number of our full swing-out bumpers for local customers over the past year, each time we did the wiring, it took about 5 to 6 hours to do it right. So, we took the time over six months to build a stand-alone plug-and-play wiring harness for them. This makes installation far simpler and only about 30 min to wire the whole bumper. The system uses the water-tight OEM Ford Molex plugs, Fakra cable for back up camera, with the industry standard waterproof DT plugs for the accessories.
  • The LED backup lights turn on automatically when you go into reverse
  • 3rd brake light
  • License plate lighting,
  • Backup camera are all simply plug-in solutions.
  • Handmade in USA, in-house by Metal-tech 4x4
We put quite a bit of time and resources into designing these and are building the harness in-house. But the end result just makes finishing the installation absolutely perfect.

Custom Cerakoted pull points:
We CNC machine aircraft grade aluminum in-house to create a pull point designed for soft shackles or hard. We will Cerakote them to a color of your choice. Cerakote is a baked-on ceramic finish that can withstand high abrasion and is far superior to powder coating or anodization.

Ford Bronco Aces High Rear Bumper by Metal-tech 4x4 - Full Modular System - Build Out As You Wish choose your color
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey there,

I've tried contacting you guys multiple times via email and phone asking about when your modular bumper winch mount will be available for purchase. I have never received a response. Do you have a timeframe on that?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there,

I've tried contacting you guys multiple times via email and phone asking about when your modular bumper winch mount will be available for purchase. I have never received a response. Do you have a timeframe on that?
I've been able to reach Mark multiple times using the 6g conversation system.

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey there,

We will open the front winch mount up for orders the first week in June, with the first units shipping the first of July. Once we recognized ANY winch on a 6G Bronco that needs the backside frame supports, we paused to release them. The mounting system will include backside frame supports.

The ACE High Rear bumper is in stock raw and ready to ship. If powder coating is requested, it adds 2 weeks. But the main bumpers, swing arms, fuel can systems, etc., are all ready to go. We also released all of the step-by-step install videos broken down to fit the "build it as you wish" model we have the bumper system at.

Good stuff!

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So $4500 to hold 2 gas cans and holes to mount 2 lights…..
other than that what does it do that the stock tailgate/bumper doesn’t do?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So $4500 to hold 2 gas cans and holes to mount 2 lights…..
other than that what does it do that the stock tailgate/bumper doesn’t do?
Go blow your departure angle and see how much of your stock bumper is left afterward.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks beefy! $1500ish for the raw bumper is about where the market is at, I know folks are getting up to 4500 by selecting all the options, but they are after all options!

I already got a bumper set up, but this would have been a solid contender if available when I was looking.

If I could suggest an "option" it would be to make an alternative swing out bracket that fits around a spare tire. Many folks have already beefed up the tire carrier/tailgate, and it would be pretty slick to have a swing out that can handle more cargo by being unburdened by the spare tire. I spent some time configuring mine to work with a swing out bike rack and/or cargo carrier independently from the tire.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Metal-tech 4x4 is proud to release the Aces High Rear bumper in a full modular system. Build it out how you want it for your Bronco, now or over time. Start with the main bumper shell, and add CNC machined Pull points and LED backup lights. Then, now, or in the future, install the full swing out to get your spare tire off your back door. Swing out fits up to a 39.5" spare and handles the load with our 2k lbs rated drop-in double shear spindle with the pivot hub loaded with twin tapered bearings, or add it later as your truck evolves. With the swing arm add-on, bolt on one or two fuel/water holders for more range and piece of mind.

We took our already successful, proven-to-perform rear swing-out bumper and added some additional features, then broke it down into al-a-cart fashion so anyone can build it out the way they want it for their truck. Thus, the Aces High Rear Bumper System. Deal your truck a winning hand. Systems start at $1499. They are 100% made in the US and made in-house by Metal-tech 4x4.

Check out the detailed install videos:

Ford Bronco Aces High Rear Bumper by Metal-tech 4x4 - Full Modular System - Build Out As You Wish 1000004619

New Plug and Play Wiring harness only available with bumper purchase:

After installing a number of our full swing-out bumpers for local customers over the past year, each time we did the wiring, it took about 5 to 6 hours to do it right. So, we took the time over six months to build a stand-alone plug-and-play wiring harness for them. This makes installation far simpler and only about 30 min to wire the whole bumper. The system uses the water-tight OEM Ford Molex plugs, Fakra cable for back up camera, with the industry standard waterproof DT plugs for the accessories.
  • The LED backup lights turn on automatically when you go into reverse
  • 3rd brake light
  • License plate lighting,
  • Backup camera are all simply plug-in solutions.
  • Handmade in USA, in-house by Metal-tech 4x4
We put quite a bit of time and resources into designing these and are building the harness in-house. But the end result just makes finishing the installation absolutely perfect.

Custom Cerakoted pull points:
We CNC machine aircraft grade aluminum in-house to create a pull point designed for soft shackles or hard. We will Cerakote them to a color of your choice. Cerakote is a baked-on ceramic finish that can withstand high abrasion and is far superior to powder coating or anodization.

Ford Bronco Aces High Rear Bumper by Metal-tech 4x4 - Full Modular System - Build Out As You Wish 1000004619
Looks great. Have you tested those recovery points doing real-world recoveries?

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Cost: We designed this bumper for real-world use. In our shared video, you can see us hard testing it on the Rubicon. We did not design it with "let's make it cheap." We designed it with "let's make it be the best performing now and years from now." It is thought out with that quality and performance in mind. As soon as you make a bumper, do the mechanical movement of holding a spare tire. To design it correctly, everything jumps cost-wise in quality raw materials and what is needed. We have been making swing-out rear bumpers for over twenty years. We have learned over the years of again real-world use what it takes to build a quality, lasting swing-out bumper system.

Quick small example: Putting the optional CNC machined pull points on the bumper. Each is CNC machined in-house from a 5 lbs block of aviation-grade aluminum. Then finishing in a baked-on aerospace ceramic coating. This is not going the "low-cost way." But it yields a pull point that directly integrates with modern soft shackles and traditional hard shackles. The Cerakote finish allows the more modern way of recovery where people are starting to slip synthetic lines through soft recovery points vrs also using snatch blocks. Powder coating burns under load, and anodizing can't handle the UV over time and fades. But the ceramic finish handles both. Again, nothing in the goal was price-driven, only performance. We get it 100%. It's not going to be a fit for everyone, as that was not our intent. Honestly, as the owner of Metal-tech 4x4 and one who truly uses his 4x4s, I made the bumper that I wanted on my Bronco.

you might consider adding badlands orange to the recovery point coating menu. Great looking bumper.
We are also custom coating as well. One can use one of the "stock" options to get close, but email us specifically asking for a Cerakote color. We are factory-certified applicators with Cerakote and can bring in any color.

Since our first Bronco was Cyber Orange (AKA Cyber School Bus), we are familiar with the color well. The Cerakote Sunflower Yellow H-317 has the same flake in it that comes about as close as anything I have seen. We also have it in stock.

Go blow your departure angle and see how much of your stock bumper is left afterward.
Yes, blow out the tail lights since the OEM does nothing to protect it. (Our bumper kicks outward to do so) Next, destroy the OEM tailgate due to the 35" to 39" tire dynamically moving back and forth, or the OEM hinges start to fail even with a tailgate with a stiffener. The list goes on.

Looks beefy! $1500ish for the raw bumper is about where the market is at, I know folks are getting up to 4500 by selecting all the options, but they are after all options!

I already got a bumper set up, but this would have been a solid contender if available when I was looking.

If I could suggest an "option" it would be to make an alternative swing out bracket that fits around a spare tire. Many folks have already beefed up the tire carrier/tailgate, and it would be pretty slick to have a swing out that can handle more cargo by being unburdened by the spare tire. I spent some time configuring mine to work with a swing out bike rack and/or cargo carrier independently from the tire.
We already have customers that have modified our swing out in place off fuel can holders, to have duel bike rack holders. They run twin All-Mt. Bikes on either side of the spare. Custom and cool.

Looks great. Have you tested those recovery points doing real-world recoveries?
Absolutely. Moab, UT, and CA are just two of the areas/trails used. Of course, we also did a full Finite Element Analysis (FEA), as we do with all the products we build. The recovery points are actually very overbuilt for the 6G, but with the size of the area that the bumper has to protect, we scaled the point points.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We already have customers that have modified our swing out in place off fuel can holders, to have duel bike rack holders. They run twin All-Mt. Bikes on either side of the spare. Custom and cool.
That sounds awesome, do you have pictures you can share? I'm always looking for neat custom fabrication.
Sponsored