Sponsored

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all about moving forward and at times backward on the trail. The Sidewinders are meant for hard trail use. We are keeping the kick out tucked in since it does not take much for it to do its job on the Bronco since the rear tire/quarter panel is tucked in tight for the departure angle by Ford's design. The same goes for the aggressive 25* angle we learned over real-world testing of the sliders, which is optimum for the Broncos. Not 10, 15, 20, or 30, it's 25* for best results, and that still protects the side radius of the doors. (as in go by a tree). For more of an extremely strong still frame mounted general use slider with our kick out, we are continuing to make our MT4x4 Step Slider. (in stock for 4 and 2 door at the time of writing this)

2D Sidewinders are in the home stretch but there is not a formal release date just yet.
Hi Mark, thanks for the great write-up and video. I'm in the market for some step sliders (I too have the Badlands on 37's, and a short wife :) so need the step. Love the frame-mount aspect of your step-sliders. I won't opt for the sidewinders as the 25* slant counters the functionality of the step. Maybe I'm missing something, but why is the original step slider so much more $ than the sidewinder? (even after adding the $199 powder coating).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hi Mark, thanks for the great write-up and video. I'm in the market for some step sliders (I too have the Badlands on 37's, and a short wife :) so need the step. Love the frame-mount aspect of your step-sliders. I won't opt for the sidewinders as the 25* slant counters the functionality of the step. Maybe I'm missing something, but why is the original step slider so much more $ than the sidewinder? (even after adding the $199 powder coating).
It is the difference cost-wise of the main rail material. The MT4x4 Sidewinders with powder coating and the added-in step plates to match how the MT4x4 4D Step sliders come (step plates are welded in place for the step sliders) make the Sidewinders $146.06 less in cost. The $73 per side difference is due to the 4" wide main body tube we use vrs. the 2" main body tube. The only reason for the 4" wide tube on the step sliders is to provide a larger flat platform in conjunction to the outer rub rail and step plates for well the best step platform for the "step slider". Since this slider is also frame-mounted, it's a flat-out beast of a slider.

We made the Sidewinders with hard trail use in mind and offered it in a build-it-how-you-want way to help keep the cost low. Also, those who will hammer them on the rocks may tend to want to finish them with a quality rattle can since rocks will chew any powder coating off. Spray can = easy touch-up. Thus, again, it is offered w/o powder but has it as an add-on for those who want the convenience of it ready to bolt right up.

@Metal-tech 4x4 : Are there any fitment issues with the Sidewinders on a BRaptor?
We are about to shoot an install video of Sidwinders going onto our Braptor. :)
Sponsored