John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate that we've gone to Nylock nuts for that kind of attachment, Much prefferred a castle nut with a cotter pin, One disassembly/reassembly and eh nylon won't hold anymore.
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I hate that we've gone to Nylock nuts for that kind of attachment, Much prefferred a castle nut with a cotter pin, One disassembly/reassembly and eh nylon won't hold anymore.
you could easily drill and put your own cotter pin in....

I trust the nylocks for a one time use.... Replace after removal.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But how are they suppose to over charge you on replacement nuts :unsure:

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you could easily drill and put your own cotter pin in....

I trust the nylocks for a one time use.... Replace after removal.
Yup, I've done that on some of my Jeep's... But you have to come up with castle nuts in odd sizes every time, and that requires planning that I'm not good at :)

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
MsPickles

The Washer you are referring to is actually a second half of the bushing. The bushing is two parts, upper and lower. Mine could be slipped out. They are a tight fit but if one fell out and was not reinserted before assembly then the nut could potentially pull right through. The nut is a nylock cap nut.... see pic of the underside of the upright.
underside of portal upright.jpg

They were referring to a "washer" in the video, that is where it came from. But nice to know that it is actually the lower part of the bushing. Better than a "washer". :) Guess something was a-miss in the install then for it to be pulling out on them like that.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They were referring to a "washer" in the video, that is where it came from. But nice to know that it is actually the lower part of the bushing. Better than a "washer". :) Guess something was a-miss in the install then for it to be pulling out on them like that.
Well... since they are referring to the bottom half of the bushing by calling it a "washer"..... My guess they installed it themselves and well.....(not a difficult install) but that may explain quite a bit. 😁

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tend to use to much hot sauce on vehicles when I don't like the owner. I will never purposely mess up a repair but it may be permanent.
1713309733076-zu.png
Oh, I've ran into the likes of you before. Heat gun & if all else fails MAP torch ;)
Me-“hmmmmm. This wasn’t in the video…”

**continues anyway**
Those are referred to as bonus or optional parts as well as weight savings 🤠

Sponsored

TheStonewall

Wildtrak
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For someone trying to educate themselves about Portals, this is quite the thread. Does anyone know if Broncbuster is going to address any of these concerns? Seems like there are a lot of issues with the Tibus stuff based on his response, but does anyone actually know what they are? How many people are running the Tibus portals?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

For someone trying to educate themselves about Portals, this is quite the thread. Does anyone know if Broncbuster is going to address any of these concerns? Seems like there are a lot of issues with the Tibus stuff based on his response, but does anyone actually know what they are? How many people are running the Tibus portals?
Sweet, you are just on the other side of the state from me.... Just met some guys from Snake River off roaders from over your way this last weekend.

It will be fascinating if you get one person with the Tibus portals to answer you....

I could tell you what I think, but I did not go with Tibus.

Mabeh_alzuq_yadiq

Base
First Name
Mabeh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello habibi first post good times. My good friend Mahmoud sent me to this forum and conversation because we run tribius on our sand car and would like portals for our broncos. He is watching this post yes hello mahmoud. We were told they are superior to weld 73 in quality. What is this fourm opinion thank you

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello habibi first post good times. My good friend Mahmoud sent me to this forum and conversation because we run tribius on our sand car and would like portals for our broncos. He is watching this post yes hello mahmoud. We were told they are superior to weld 73 in quality. What is this fourm opinion thank you
Who is Weld 73? I think that you mean 74Weld.
Sponsored