Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hello habibi first post good times. My good friend Mahmoud sent me to this forum and conversation because we run tribius on our sand car and would like portals for our broncos. He is watching this post yes hello mahmoud. We were told they are superior to weld 73 in quality. What is this fourm opinion thank you
If you drive a 1989 Bronco Tibus and Werewolf are your only options....

The 74weld Portal will not work on that truck.

What edition of Tibus do you run on your sand car? is it a straight cut 4 gear or a helical cut 3 gear? or even potentially a two gear - although I do not know if Tibus ever made a two gear. He may have had a three gear straight cut as well at one time but I am not 100% sure of that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That and the quality control is a bit of the wild west.... Maybe the manufacturer is doing a reputable job but his steel supplier may take a short cut and supply an inferior alloy to save a few bucks on the sale. That problem stems from a judicial system that a law suit over inferior substitutions may be decided by who knows who.... Rather than the rule of law.

There is a rabbit hole.... And it is deep.
This ^^^^

We had some bronze bearings pressed into a slow rotating wheel. Failed after 2000 hours. Asked for the certificate of conformance on the bearing. Came back as specified. Looked at with an Electron Microscope and an Energy Dispersive Spectrometer. Wrong a roni! Was 300 series brass. Probably shouldn’t try to pass off bad materials on a company that makes equipment to do material analysis!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This ^^^^

We had some bronze bearings pressed into a slow rotating wheel. Failed after 2000 hours. Asked for the certificate of conformance on the bearing. Came back as specified. Looked at with an Electron Microscope and an Energy Dispersive Spectrometer. Wrong a roni! Was 300 series brass. Probably shouldn’t try to pass off bad materials on a company that makes equipment to do material analysis!
The problem is most companies would never know the difference. Assume everything made spec because the meta data says so... and never know why they failed... May even question the design.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello habibi first post good times. My good friend Mahmoud sent me to this forum and conversation because we run tribius on our sand car and would like portals for our broncos. He is watching this post yes hello mahmoud. We were told they are superior to weld 73 in quality. What is this fourm opinion thank you
74Weld portals:

https://motorsports.74weld.com/bronco-portal/

Aside from everything else, 74Weld race portals have been in off road racing for almost ten years. Lots of race teams have won with them. The gear package in the recreational portals is very similar. So even though they haven't been around for decades, it's not like they don't have experience. 74Weld also makes spec parts for aerospace companies since 2009.

Sponsored

DYak

Big Bend
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend Baby
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you drive a 1989 Bronco Tibus and Werewolf are your only options....

The 74weld Portal will not work on that truck.

What edition of Tibus do you run on your sand car? is it a straight cut 4 gear or a helical cut 3 gear? or even potentially a two gear - although I do not know if Tibus ever made a two gear. He may have had a three gear straight cut as well at one time but I am not 100% sure of that.
Tibus and Werewolf have designs for the TTB front ends?

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It turns out Tibus is garbage after all and he has physical evidence but is also still copying their design

Screenshot_20240410-182532.png

Edit: some more context has come out

Screenshot_20240410-192119.png
"are you saying you found his source and cut him out"

That is a spot on comment.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Tibus and Werewolf have designs for the TTB front ends?
Both the Tibus and werewolf designs are meant to be a one size fits all solution. A slightly different thread size or an adapter plate and boom... fits whole new vehicle. I would guess that yes, they probably would be able to help a brother out.... Not going to be as refined an install... probably....

DYak

Big Bend
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend Baby
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Both the Tibus and werewolf designs are meant to be a one size fits all solution. A slightly different thread size or an adapter plate and boom... fits whole new vehicle. I would guess that yes, they probably would be able to help a brother out.... Not going to be as refined an install... probably....
I see what your saying, step 1 from Werewolf is usually "bolt adapter to axle". So even if they don't have a kit you just have to make an adapter and figure out shafts, brakes and abs, if applicable.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I see what your saying, step 1 from Werewolf is usually "bolt adapter to axle". So even if they don't have a kit you just have to make an adapter and figure out shafts, brakes and abs, if applicable.
Exactly.....

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wanted to say wow, Pirate4X4, there's a blast from the past. I don't even recognize that place any more LOL. Checked to see if my old login still works. Yep, still there with a January 2003 join date. 21 years on that forum LOL.
That's before my time. However, really enjoyed the Big Rich episode with Erik Camo Linker, one of the Pirate 4x4 owners. Didn't know a whole lot of that, and the rescue of the plane in Mexico should be made into a movie (starring Woody Harrelson, of course)!

https://www.bigrichklein.com/lightn...-and-glitter-erik-camo-linker-on-episode-182/

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The problem is most companies would never know the difference. Assume everything made spec because the meta data says so... and never know why they failed... May even question the design.
We run into this more and more. We source a lot of parts off shore and comes in with a signed PPAP and everyone thinks its gospel. It's amazing what you can tell with a small file and a magnet. I just bought a replacement warming rack for my grill. Say's it's stainless steel. First thing I did was grab a magnet. Yup, it's SS and I''ll keep it.

TheStonewall

Wildtrak
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Should I assume a 1 size fits all means that it fits everything sorta ok but nothing that good? Why would 74Weld not just do the same 1 size fits all part?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We run into this more and more. We source a lot of parts off shore and comes in with a signed PPAP and everyone thinks its gospel. It's amazing what you can tell with a small file and a magnet. I just bought a replacement warming rack for my grill. Say's it's stainless steel. First thing I did was grab a magnet. Yup, it's SS and I''ll keep it.
curious... how does a magnet help you determine the chromium... all the ferrics should react to the magnet. At least you know it is not aluminum... You have a trick I am missing. ... oh... I bet you are looking at the metal coloration and the magnet.... I will get there eventually... My brain works slowly these days. 😁
Sponsored