Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Googling what a steering rack is now!
This is a mammoth thread here where our own BigMeatsBronco pioneered installing the higher-level HD (HOSS 3.0) steering rack into non-WildTraks (the only vehicle that got the HD rack 21-22, now all Sas, Badlands and WildTraks do starting in 2024).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nd-tie-rods-ford-performance-m-3200-wt.51284/

If you have a 2024 Black Diamond Sas, I wouldn't worry about it since it has the HD rack already.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

One thing to consider is that if you step up to 37's with the 2.3 is that I would try to find the lightest tire available. tire weight is big factor, too. Putting E or F rated tires is not necessary for your case and I would look for a light C rated tire.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to consider is that if you step up to 37's with the 2.3 is that I would try to find the lightest tire available. tire weight is big factor, too. Putting E or F rated tires is not necessary for your case and I would look for a light C rated tire.
Yes this too, I have heavy E rated tires and I feel them.

Some 37" BFG ATs would be decent choice here and a the actual measurements are little on the smaller side.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes this too, I have heavy E rated tires and I feel them.

Some 37" BFG ATs would be decent choice here and a the actual measurements are little on the smaller side.
Another improvement is lighter rims. While the stock Goodyear tires are very light, the rims are not, so the added weight from the tire can be offset some with a lighter rim.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Johnny Rebel has 37s with a 2.3 and ford performance tune... its a nice combo
Indeed I do. Mine is a 2 DR Big Bend non-Sasquatch with the 2.3 and 3.73 rear end.

I installed King coilovers and the Ford Performance tune along with 37" BFG KM3's and couldn't be happier with the performance. The trick is to drive it in Sport Mode (I added this through ForScan). Sport Mode keeps the transmission from ever shifting into 9th or 10th gear, so it effectively like an electronic re-gear of the rear axle.

At highway speeds (75-80 mph), I usually get around 15-16 mpg. At slower speeds, it only gets better.

Hope that helps.

Ford Bronco 37s on a 2.3L? IMG_6066

OP
OP

BroncGal

Black Diamond
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another improvement is lighter rims. While the stock Goodyear tires are very light, the rims are not, so the added weight from the tire can be offset some with a lighter rim.
Is there something in particular I should look for when looking at wheels? Does it show the specific weight?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Is there something in particular I should look for when looking at wheels? Does it show the specific weight?
beadlock/beadlock capable wheels are heavier, in general. Any aftermarket wheels should have all the specs including weight per listed clearly

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Indeed I do. Mine is a 2 DR Big Bend non-Sasquatch with the 2.3 and 3.73 rear end.

I installed King coilovers and the Ford Performance tune along with 37" BFG KM3's and couldn't be happier with the performance. The trick is to drive it in Sport Mode (I added this through ForScan). Sport Mode keeps the transmission from ever shifting into 9th or 10th gear, so it effectively like an electronic re-gear of the rear axle.

At highway speeds (75-80 mph), I usually get around 15-16 mpg. At slower speeds, it only gets better.

Hope that helps.

Ford Bronco 37s on a 2.3L? IMG_6066
"Sport Mode keeps the transmission from ever shifting into 9th or 10th gear, so it effectively like an electronic re-gear of the rear axle."
Not really. You electronically made your 10 speed an 8 speed.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rim companies would need to post it, or ask someone who sells them. RTR, which I think has fairly light rims, doesn't seem to say what they weigh.

Method, though, does. For instance, this rim that works on the Bronco is 25lbs while the stock Sas rim is 35lbs.

https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/all/products/318-method-bronze?variant=39962549452861

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Sport Mode keeps the transmission from ever shifting into 9th or 10th gear, so it effectively like an electronic re-gear of the rear axle."
Not really. You electronically made your 10 speed an 8 speed.
This.

Keep an eye on trans temps.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In addition to weight you'll need to consider the wheel offset and the width of the wheel.

Offset is how far the wheel will poke outside the fenders...your stock wheels are +55mm offset...most people going to 37s run a "0"mm offset while others prefer +18mm or +12mm.

Wheel width is important as well. Most tire manufactures' will specify a recommended max wheel width.

Also, for me anyways, I like a simple pattern easy to clean wheel.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

People that say the 2.3 doesn’t do well with 37’s are probably driving a Jeep on 37’s with less HP ;)

But yes, gearing is everything. I’ve been happy with my stock 4.7 gears on 37’s for 30,000 miles on em. 2.3 engine with auto transmission here. Rubicon 2x, Moab 2x, Mojave, hundreds of unnamed trails and no worries.

That being said, 37’s is a lot to bite off and if you’re just going to the beach it might be more trouble and money then it’s worth for you if you’re happy now.

DD7A6AB2-6FE2-42F9-B947-A99137945631.jpeg
Sponsored