Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the actual diameter of your tires?
I would have to go back and read but I think 36 1/2 I would love for you to show me a 37 that measures 37in. I do run 38s now that measures 37 3/4 and have a 1 3/8s lift up front and 1in in rear and no rub. Link to that build in my signature.

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We went "break the bank" but you don't have to!

As some have said before, the JKS Max Tire is the secret sauce but note:
1. It is "technically" illegal. You're removing the crash barriers.
2. Be sure to keep the parts and weld them back on when selling the vehicle! No one wants a wrongful death lawsuit 5 years down the road!

2024UBB@KermitBronco-01.jpg

ElSegundo@KermitBronco-5.jpg

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We went "break the bank" but you don't have to!

As some have said before, the JKS Max Tire is the secret sauce but note:
1. It is "technically" illegal. You're removing the crash barriers.
2. Be sure to keep the parts and weld them back on when selling the vehicle! No one wants a wrongful death lawsuit 5 years down the road!

2024UBB@KermitBronco-01.jpg

ElSegundo@KermitBronco-5.jpg

Technically Ford removes the crash bars, the bar with the two bolts in it, for the Sasquatch package, is this what you mean by crash barriers??? If your theory is correct then that means Ford would be selling an "illegal" vehicle. Or, I guess the first person to crash a Squatch should be suing Ford for removing the crash bars.

If what you are referring to is the crash bar mount, the part that the "bar" bolts to, which is attached to the body mount. The JKS kit removes the crash bar mount and only leaves the body mount. The kit does not move the body mount or relocate it. This does not/should not make anything illegal as a Sasquatch package does not come with crash bars so it does not need the crash bar mounts.

Last edited:

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Technically Ford removes the crash bars, the bar with the two bolts in it, for the Sasquatch package, is this what you mean by crash barriers??? If your theory is correct then that means Ford would be selling an "illegal" vehicle. Or, I guess the first person to crash a Squatch should be suing Ford for removing the crash bars.

If what you are referring to is the crash bar mount, the part that the "bar" bolts to, which is attached to the body mount. The JKS kit removes the crash bar mount and only leaves the body mount. The kit does not move the body mount or relocate it. This does not/should not make anything illegal as a Sasquatch package does not come with crash bars so it does not need the crash bar mounts.
Please watch one of the install videos online that shows whaf you Sawzall off.

I started with Badlands Sasquatch and this.below is the part that you Sawzall off. You can see the cut point and that is where you need to weld back to make it fully DOT compliant.

FWIW, you can see the rub point that prevented full turning with 37" in the 3rd pic! It drove fine, we just had multiple 5-point turns on Poison Spider! That's when we came home and removed with JKS kit.

Hope this helps.

20240323_225016.jpg

20240323_225003.jpg

20240323_225633.jpg

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally got to push my 37s hard today and they rub the rear fender liners a lot but that's it. JKS, +2" coilovers, +18 wheels.

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first thing you upgrade should be your brakes. You'll appreciate the extra stopping power immediately vs. spending your money on tires and a lift only to make the Bronco less safe. I am running Baer big brakes with my 38s and it stops better than when it was a Squatch on 35s.

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with StinkyFab crash bar deletes, removed rear crash bar mounts, and cut the factory rock rail. Back about 1.5”. Zero rubbing with my 37’s

Ford Bronco 37’s with no rubbing off road? IMG_6724

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I started with Badlands Sasquatch and this.below is the part that you Sawzall off. You can see the cut point and that is where you need to weld back to make it fully DOT compliant.

FWIW, you can see the rub point that prevented full turning with 37" in the 3rd pic! It drove fine, we just had multiple 5-point turns on Poison Spider! That's when we came home and removed with JKS kit.

Hope this helps.

I think I agree with @BAUS67
That is the body mount and crash bar MOUNT, not the crash bar.
Sasquatch delivers without crash bars from factory.
JKS replaces the body mount portion only.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope this helps.

20240323_225016.jpg

20240323_225003.jpg

20240323_225633.jpg

I have watched the video, more than a few times, I guess I still don't see the issue with being DOT. It is a crash bar mount that a Squatch or WT or FE or HE does not have. You are not cutting the frame you are cutting off and un-needed mount and keeping the body mount in the same location, which JKS bolted back to the frame (or it could even be welded on) which I'm sure their products have to comply to some kind of standard which should be acceptable for DOT. If this would be true then every car I have ever sold was illegal. Welded in roll bars, changed chassis pick up points, etc. I never leave my vehicles stock. I find ways to improve what it there now.

When you see a lowrider I guarantee THAT has the frame notched. NOW this I can see issue with if not properly done. But there again I'm sure these cars are sold at one point or another. What you are saying then those sales would be illegal and you should not be able to drive them on the road. But they do???

I do understand DOT compliant. I have seen non-DOT compliant head/taillights fail inspection. But have never failed for chopping an unused mount off of a frame, welding in a roll bar to the frame, changing chassis pick up points on the frame etc.
Sponsored