Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7 Bronco, 1989 5.0 25th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I started noticing this problem more in the last month or two. Always during slow city driving, never highway. About 12K on it, also 2.7L. I keep it in Sport mode almost all the time.

It *unfortunately* made me think of my Bronco II (maybe an '89?) that had a horrible problem with hesitation... it would skip a beat at just the wrong moment when you were trying to accelerate.
Sponsored

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Quite interesting this popped up, as I was just thinking this earlier. Had mine in Sport mode, drove around town, stopped and grabbed fuel; as I was pulling from the incline stop line and pull into the lane, it felt as if the Bronco had cut out on me or went into Limp Mode. I had to put full throttle onto the skinny pedal in order to dodge a car that was speeding toward me.

Personally, I think it's just the very conservative tuning from the factory, as my 2018 F150 5.0 & 2022 F250 6.7 both felt similar until I dyno tuned it.
I had a similar issue after filling up the tank on my 23 black diamond. I made the mistake of continuing to press the lover after it initially popped, trying to top it off. I later learned that topping off these vehicles can cause some sort of issue with the pollution control devices that caused the car to misfire Which resulted in a sense that it went into limp mode while on the highway. It resolved itself once fuel level in the tank drop down a bit.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just to throw this into the mix. I have a Braptor and get the same symptoms (occasionally) in sport mode. I tend to use sport mode less for that reason. Don't really need sport mode to be able to hit it and get it.

Gregc57

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Bronco w/ V-6.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine felt a little odd in the 1-2-3 gears when I got it. The Ford Performance Tune squared that away and more. Recommended.

Sponsored

BUCKIN6VA

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've experienced that. A hesitation. Particularly when turning from a stop with a lite decreasing throttle to a heavier throttle. Happens occasionally.

I haven't figured out if it's the vehicle or if it's how I'm feathering it. Turbo lag? Performance tune?
I have noticed this a couple of times, too. Like when heading to a stop light and braking, then seeing an opening and hitting the gas - it seems like a 1-2 second delay to give it more speed from a slow roll.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1st gear sucks with 4:70 gears. There's so much torque management that it feels jerky and has no balls. That's why I had my tuner remove it for normal and sport mode. Now I start in 2nd gear and the bronco is much smoother and accelerates better. The FP tune will help if you don't wanna go full custom tuning. If anyone has 4:70 gears then give a 2nd gear start and try for yourself.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep, happens with mine. Left turns mostly, oddly.
I get this too. I keep my foot on the pedal the same amount through the corner and get a huge boost of throttle just as the wheel returns to center. Just let me whip shitties Ford!

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this an issue with the 10-speed and 2.3L engine as well? I think some Mustang owners have similar gripes with the transmission.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How does it act if you turn off the traction control?

Sponsored

Cliffhanger

Badlands
First Name
Koma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here with most all of the above. Probably my biggest disappointment next to the crappy CarPlay. Really takes away from an otherwise good driving experience. Not real keen on dropping another ~800 either to make it perform like it should in the first place.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine felt a little odd in the 1-2-3 gears when I got it. The Ford Performance Tune squared that away and more. Recommended.
So are you running premium fuel or just standard 87? I could maybe convince myself to spend the $700 up front, but I'd hate to also increase my fuel spending.

NJBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having the same issue in ‘23 2.7 Badlands SAS. I always chalked it up as turbo lag but seems it may be transmission related based on the comments here. There is a very real lag, it can be sporadic but I do experience it consistently in certain routine situations like pulling out of my driveway and making the same left turn out of the local strip mall. Very strange and disappointing. Power and shifting is otherwise a pleasure to drive.

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am having the same issue in ‘23 2.7 Badlands SAS. I always chalked it up as turbo lag but seems it may be transmission related based on the comments here. There is a very real lag, it can be sporadic but I do experience it consistently in certain routine situations like pulling out of my driveway and making the same left turn out of the local strip mall. Very strange and disappointing. Power and shifting is otherwise a pleasure to drive.
Turbo lag wouldn't be applicable till higher in RPMs. The Ecoboost engines have smaller turbos mounted to the manifold(s) for the very reason that they light off (boost) quickly. Unless you're mashing it (2.7L) out of your driveway, you're likely not even in boost. You can turn on the boost gauge view and validate yourself.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So are you running premium fuel or just standard 87? I could maybe convince myself to spend the $700 up front, but I'd hate to also increase my fuel spending.
Ford performance tune calls for 91 octane minimum, 93 octane recommended. 87 octane negates any benefits from the tune and seems to go back to a more standard power curve.
Sponsored