First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious if any of you are experiencing a choppy launch when you first get moving in your 2.7L. Mine acts like the fuel wants to cut out for a second and then it gets going. It is perfectly fine on the highway. Around town is pretty frustrating. I have 11,000 miles on it so it is likely not the learning of the transmission.
Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really didn't want to ask this because I'm sure you know it's a thing but just to be absolutely sure.... it's not the auto start/stop feature right? Because some people don't know about it and that's pretty much how I'd describe it

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious if any of you are experiencing a choppy launch when you first get moving in your 2.7L. Mine acts like the fuel wants to cut out for a second and then it gets going. It is perfectly fine on the highway. Around town is pretty frustrating. I have 11,000 miles on it so it is likely not the learning of the transmission.
I've experienced that. A hesitation. Particularly when turning from a stop with a lite decreasing throttle to a heavier throttle. Happens occasionally.

I haven't figured out if it's the vehicle or if it's how I'm feathering it. Turbo lag? Performance tune?

Muffin Top

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, MK, KK, TJ, DN
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have this on my new one. The first thought that comes to mind, this vehicle's programming is more interventionist than any other that I've ever had.

It's a bit surprising that 3 years was not enough time for them to work out all the bugs. I tend to view things optimistically. In a room full of crap, I'm looking for the pony. At least I bought prior to deployment of the drunk sensors.

Sponsored

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've experienced that. A hesitation. Particularly when turning from a stop with a lite decreasing throttle to a heavier throttle. Happens occasionally.

I haven't figured out if it's the vehicle or if it's how I'm feathering it. Turbo lag? Performance tune?
That’s not turbo lag.

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2012 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quite interesting this popped up, as I was just thinking this earlier. Had mine in Sport mode, drove around town, stopped and grabbed fuel; as I was pulling from the incline stop line and pull into the lane, it felt as if the Bronco had cut out on me or went into Limp Mode. I had to put full throttle onto the skinny pedal in order to dodge a car that was speeding toward me.

Personally, I think it's just the very conservative tuning from the factory, as my 2018 F150 5.0 & 2022 F250 6.7 both felt similar until I dyno tuned it.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, happens with mine. Left turns mostly, oddly.

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the feedback. My wife has a Wrangler Rubicon with the 3.6. The engine/transmission is buttery smooth around town Compared to the Bronco.

I may try and have it tuned.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quite interesting this popped up, as I was just thinking this earlier. Had mine in Sport mode, drove around town, stopped and grabbed fuel; as I was pulling from the incline stop line and pull into the lane, it felt as if the Bronco had cut out on me or went into Limp Mode. I had to put full throttle onto the skinny pedal in order to dodge a car that was speeding toward me.

Personally, I think it's just the very conservative tuning from the factory, as my 2018 F150 5.0 & 2022 F250 6.7 both felt similar until I dyno tuned it.
Nailed the description of the issue!

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am under the impression of 1) transmission tuning 2) the blend action from port injection (idle) to direct injection (throttle) 3) Sasquatch gearing making 1st gear touchy
Always wondered of the folks that "felt" this way who then went to the FP tune if it smoothed it out.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's just the shit 10 spd. Not a learning thing, they're just a really awful transmission.
Agree it's the 10 speed transmission. 10 speeds is a lot and it feels like it is always shifting. "Choppy"- maybe somewhat but definitely not abnormal. I just attribute it to the 10 speed automatic. And it's not "awful" to me. My wife's 2013 Silverado has a 4 speed automatic and it's so smooth in comparison- a lot less gears, longer gears and less shifting.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would like to take a closer look at your driving performance concerns. Could you please send over a message with your VIN and estimated mileage so I can look into this on my end?

ZEN50

Badlands
First Name
Zenon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/ 86 GT, Capri & Turbo Coupe/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mines been doing the same thing since day one, very annoying to say the least.
Sponsored