SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah that was my original plan, but decided I didn't want 80/100lbs of winch taking up space in the back of my 2door. Space is already at a premium.

I went with 0 Guage. With running all the way from front to the back I didn't want to take any chances. Also installed a 600amp fuse. Mostly because my cables are run along the frame and in theory could get pinched.
I also went 0 gauge. Looking to run a breaker off the battery then tying both lines into a block coming off the breaker. Clean things up a bit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
U can try it but the 8274 is Way big! ( i have 3 of them)..and it needs to be upright or the gear oil will leak out if on its side or back..
You’d definitely need to pull the hidden compartment to get one of these in there. Might still poke through the floor too unless you build your own mount

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ah, could be....they weigh about 110 lbs.. heck of a winch though, luv mine on my landcruiser
That's with steel cable. Much lighter with synthetic.

U can try it but the 8274 is Way big! ( i have 3 of them)..and it needs to be upright or the gear oil will leak out if on its side or back..
I was thinking about upright. And you're right, they're about six inches taller than more current models. But they are also narrower.

No matter which winch is used, the spare tire will get in the way. It would have to be removed to safely mount a receiver winch. So I'm still not sure about a winch. I may get something like this.

https://e-rigging.com/collections/w...nual-wire-rope-winches?variant=40436089651273

Sponsored

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anybody remember the Hickey Sidewinder winch. It was great for rear applications. Worked well too.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I vaguely remember that. I'd go for a hidden rear mount if I didn't also want a trailer hitch.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been wanting to do the same thing. I've accumulated some exhaust parts to play with. I figure it's going to be louder than it already is
I know somebody that did the four link and dumped the exhaust off in front of the rear tire.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been wanting to do the same thing. I've accumulated some exhaust parts to play with. I figure it's going to be louder than it already is
I know somebody that did the four link and dumped the exhaust off in front of the rear tire.
It’s louder than I’d like but at least there’s no drone. A bit of raspiness under full throttle. Girlie loves it though so it’s all good. I only drive it wheeling

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if the owner is on this forum but I stumbled onto this via YouTube. Since then, saw him post a couple times in some FB groups.

He did custom fab and bumpers and ran ComeUp winches.

Tried linking the videos but they are now private. Short version they too had to cut and fabricate the frame so it was supported. StellarBuilt in CA did the fab work.

Ford Bronco Rear Winch Installed IMG_0338

Ford Bronco Rear Winch Installed IMG_0337

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure if the owner is on this forum but I stumbled onto this via YouTube. Since then, saw him post a couple times in some FB groups.

He did custom fab and bumpers and ran ComeUp winches.

Tried linking the videos but they are now private. Short version they too had to cut and fabricate the frame so it was supported. StellarBuilt in CA did the fab work.

I frickin love that setup. I haz the jealousy

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I frickin love that setup. I haz the jealousy
Me too, me too. 😂

I talked with Stellar. They were willing to do another but I had to drop my Bronco (approx 2,000 miles from me) and work was by the hour. It’s all custom and intricate stuff. The front included a skid plate and also custom mounts for crash bar removal.

*Approximate* estimates shared with me put both bumpers as shown in the $9-10k range. Had the wife bought in, but distance was the deal killer for us. And I couldn’t find a local shop with skills or time to tackle this project.
Sponsored