SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
SierraBronco I just don't think you understand the concept of the true Bronco enthusiast and being a way of life. It isn't simply a Brand you go change like your dirty underwear.
In a way I sorta feel sad that you don't understand this. Always feeling grass is greener elsewhere will only leave you longing for happiness. Using your concept why have a favorite sports team, racing team, or beverage? You're just a number to them....
Lighten up and enjoy the ride!!! Ford Bronco Freedom!
Why not tag me?

Iā€™m sure the marketing department is thrilled to hear of their success of owning you. Hereā€™s something that might blow your mind-your sportsball team isnā€™t loyal to you. Neither is your beverage. You are revenue to them. I do things that I enjoy for me; and Iā€™m loyal to those I care about. You are potentially missing out on things you might actually enjoy more due to your misdirected loyalty.

Iā€™m glad you like your bronco. I like mine too! But whether my next recreational vehicle is from the same manufacturer-only time will tell. There might be something I enjoy far more by then. Wonā€™t know until I drive it.
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buying a 21 was a risk I wasnā€™t prepared to take , my 23 has been flawless , a long wait but odds of a better built fresh design vehicle having issues fixed after 2 years is quite high , although time will tell
I did the same thing. I had a '21 ordered but it kept getting delayed and delayed. I finally just bought mine off the lot and didn't look back.

MichaelCar001

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is getting old.

21' Badsquatch with only 10k miles.

I literally just got my Bronco back after a complete rear axle replacement. It took 1 year and 2 dealers to finally get the leak/repair/replacement sorted out.
(I've posted in other threads about the plug welds and other leaks)

Upon picking up the Bronco for the rear axle, the dealer informs me of a new oil pan leak, and they ordered the parts.
Sure as shit, it's leaking about a dime size after driving, and is all over the skid plates.

Prior to that at the first dealer, they discovered a rear t-case seal leak and replaced that. That was 7 weeks in shop for that fiasco.

The reliability of this particular rig has really come to be questioned, I'm thinking of selling it.
I might order a '24 WT or just move on all together.

I'm super bummed. Whining rant over...
I can only imagine how you feel. Waiting for that long and still get nothing.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is getting old.

I literally just got my Bronco back after a complete rear axle replacement. It took 1 year and 2 dealers to finally get the leak/repair/replacement sorted out.

Upon picking up the Bronco for the rear axle, the dealer informs me of a new oil pan leak, and they ordered the parts.
Sure as shit, it's leaking about a dime size after driving, and is all over the skid plates.

Prior to that at the first dealer, they discovered a rear t-case seal leak and replaced that. That was 7 weeks in shop for that fiasco.

The reliability of this particular rig has really come to be questioned, I'm thinking of selling it.

Yeah between transmission issues and computer software issues and other minor quality issue, I'm done with Ford. Lot of car makers had issues during Covid, but Ford has really used it as an excuse to put out crap vehicles. After 32 years of being a Ford guy, I'm done. Good luck with yours.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd be seriously considering punting the rig in the OP's case....

I've been a Ford guy for the most part for almost 40 years, but my '19 F150 is sort of the turning point for me with Ford. It's been in the shop too many times and certain things about it just piss me off (warped dash, anyone?). Oh, and let's not forget the worst transmission programming known to man (the ZF8 in my JL is how it's done). My experience with this truck is one of several factors in why I remain sans Bronco.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be seriously considering punting the rig in the OP's case....

I've been a Ford guy for the most part for almost 40 years, but my '19 F150 is sort of the turning point for me with Ford. It's been in the shop too many times and certain things about it just piss me off (warped dash, anyone?). Oh, and let's not forget the worst transmission programming known to man (the ZF8 in my JL is how it's done). My experience with this truck is one of several factors in why I remain sans Bronco.
Yet here I sit, and in another browser tab is a JL owner talking about how Jeep hasn't been able to fix their rig for months now. Hard to tell whats the right course to take. The OP definitely has a little lemony experience going on. Its probably just a combination of being mishandled at multiple layers though.

fwk727

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Big Bend; 21 F-150; 11 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Discouraged Ford guy here. My 2012 Mustang is awesome. Never had a problem. My 2021 Big Bend? Eligible for lemon law. My 2021 F150? In and out of shop. Because I am an optimist I bought a 2023 Heritage edition. So far šŸ¤ž made it 5000 miles with no problems but it doesn't surprise me Ford reported 4.8 billion dollars in warranty work in last year

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yet here I sit, and in another browser tab is a JL owner talking about how Jeep hasn't been able to fix their rig for months now. Hard to tell whats the right course to take. The OP definitely has a little lemony experience going on. Its probably just a combination of being mishandled at multiple layers though.
Yeah, it's pretty clear that they all make a turd now and then. Amazing how I seem to get stuck with them.

My JL is my fifth Wrangler, and it was a leap of faith buying another. Its predecessor, a '13, had a few issues, primarily oil leaks. The one before it, a '12, I swear to this day was possessed and was built on a Friday afternoon at the end of a shift. My two TJs were flawless.

Still, I have big reservations about a Bronco based on my F150 and the two that I've been in. My biggest beef beyond quality nits is that I can't get a cloth interior, no interest in boat vinyl in a convertible....

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is getting old.

I wonder? Do the axles come into MAP from manufacturer pre built? Kind of like the engines and transmissions?
I mean....MAP is an assembly plant.
This axle and oil pan leakage problem..though ultimately Ford's problem needs research by Ford to find the root cause. Of course the last guy to touch it gets the blame.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, you have problems with the Bronco but you don't mention all the benefits, economic and otherwise, you get from Ford for being a "Ford Guy"!

I've heard you get preferential treatment at the dealership, deep discounts, and a healthy monthly allowance!

Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder? Do the axles come into MAP from manufacturer pre built? Kind of like the engines and transmissions?
This axle and oil pan leakage problem..though ultimately Ford's problem needs research by Ford to find the root cause. Of course the last guy to touch it gets the blame.
Yes, axles come into the assembly plant pre-built. Assembly plants donā€™t put together any powertrain assemblies.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a TSB addressing front pinion seal leakage for units built prior to July 9, 2023. It calls for a new seal and different oil to fix the problem.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ll add (sorry if anyone already mentioned this and I missed it), while Iā€™m not an ā€œanyoneā€ kind of guy, Iā€™ll admit something about why Iā€™ve owned 3 Fords in a row. I attribute it to myā€¦cough age cough lol. Iā€™ve always been a guy who loves tech and innovation, but damn Iā€™m getting tired of relearning UIā€™s all the time. When I get into my wifeā€™s Subaru, I canā€™t figure anything out! Itā€™s as if the Japanese, European, and American manufacturers purposely do everything opposite in regards to UI. If itā€™s up to increase spreed on the cruise control for the Ford, Itā€™s down on the Subaru. If the wipers are on the left stalk for the ford, they are on the right for the honda. It seems the older I get, the more frustrating trying to find the damn headlight switch is. Despite some minor technology evolution, the ford UI between my F150 then F250 and now the Bronco has stayed pretty much consistent. Everything is where I expect it to be, and functions how I remember. Every time I drive the wifeā€™s car thereā€™s a litany of swearing and mumbling involved. Their touch screen interface is a exercise in frustration. Sync has stayed pretty much Sync, for better or worse lol. So for me, the consistency has some measurable value. Now get off my lawn you wippersnappers!

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@imaginaryfriend I was hesitant about the Marine Grade Vinyl but Now I actually like it..throw up, mud, drinks, Doesn't matter..handles it like a boss. Drain plug open, hose water- there u go..also not stiff like conventional boat seats.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@imaginaryfriend I was hesitant about the Marine Grade Vinyl but Now I actually like it..throw up, mud, drinks, Doesn't matter..handles it like a boss. Drain plug open, hose water- there u go..also not stiff like conventional boat seats.
MGV is fantastic for cleanup, but I hate it otherwise. I've had enough experience with it in boats, too hot. The Bronco stuff is more flexible though for sure.
Sponsored