Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In the most polite way, can we please stop with the "you'll find out when you click it *wink* *wink*" thread titles?
All such things only prove that the quick click, social media, turd soup we're fed every day works. $billions are made using this technique. It will not go away in my lifetime.
Sponsored

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is getting old.

21' Badsquatch with only 10k miles.

I literally just got my Bronco back after a complete rear axle replacement. It took 1 year and 2 dealers to finally get the leak/repair/replacement sorted out.
(I've posted in other threads about the plug welds and other leaks)

Upon picking up the Bronco for the rear axle, the dealer informs me of a new oil pan leak, and they ordered the parts.
Sure as shit, it's leaking about a dime size after driving, and is all over the skid plates.

Prior to that at the first dealer, they discovered a rear t-case seal leak and replaced that. That was 7 weeks in shop for that fiasco.

The reliability of this particular rig has really come to be questioned, I'm thinking of selling it.
I might order a '24 WT or just move on all together.

I'm super bummed. Whining rant over...
Buying a 21 was a risk I wasn’t prepared to take , my 23 has been flawless , a long wait but odds of a better built fresh design vehicle having issues fixed after 2 years is quite high , although time will tell

OP
OP
ColoradoKid26

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All such things only prove that the quick click, social media, turd soup we're fed every day works. $billions are made using this technique. It will not go away in my lifetime.
If anything it shows just how soft and easily butthurt people have become.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Brand loyalty is so peculiar to me. These manufacturers will do everything they can to not honor their warranty if it means saving a buck-the fact that people can be so dedicated to that same manufacturer is preposterous. Drive everything within the category you’re looking at and buy the one you like most. Simple.

If it’s a Bronco I hope you have better luck with your next one. If not good luck and we’ll see you on the trail all the same đŸ‘ŠđŸŒ
So true. One year in my Bronco has been perfect with zero issues. But my local Ford dealer is average at best and horrible on sales so I really don’t want to test them. Previously we had a Grand Cherokee, the Jeep dealer was like being in an abusive relationship and I just kept going back for more. But, last week we were traveling and 350 miles from home when we got a flat tire on my wife’s ‘20 MDX AWD. The MDX has a temp spare that I put on. Unfortunately that spare doesn’t match the regular tires and immediately threw the car into an electronic meltdown, all the dash lights lit up, the ABS activated to try and slow the car while I floored the gas to keep it moving on the highway and get to the side. That triggered the tracking control and stability control. Once stopped black smoke poured from the LF wheel where the temp spare was mounted. I called Acura Roadside Assistance, a flatbed was there in about 40 minutes to drop the car at the Acura dealer, which was closed as it was a Sunday. Monday, I called the dealer, they acknowledged having the car and were getting it on a rack for inspection. They called back that afternoon confirming the left front caliper had locked up due to the ABS furiously trying to control the wheel speed. Said they were ordering parts for an overhaul of the front brakes, rotors, calipers, pads, speed sensors, etc. they’d also flush the overheated brake fluid and inspected the AWD system to confirm no damage. They agreed the spare was not a good match for the AWD and said they’d initiate a report to Acura. 2 days later the car was ready, washed and so far has operated perfectly. All done under warranty. I’m now a fan of the Acura brand and of Duval Acura. Amazing what competent people and a company that backs their product can do for customer loyalty.

Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brand loyalty is so peculiar to me. These manufacturers will do everything they can to not honor their warranty if it means saving a buck-the fact that people can be so dedicated to that same manufacturer is preposterous. Drive everything within the category you’re looking at and buy the one you like most. Simple.

If it’s a Bronco I hope you have better luck with your next one. If not good luck and we’ll see you on the trail all the same đŸ‘ŠđŸŒ
As a retired Ford field service engineer I can say that Ford really doesn’t try to avoid paying warranty claims. Often the difference between defects in workmanship and materials gets confused with problems resulting from lack of maintenance or misuse/abuse. If a concern is truly a defect the warranty claim will be paid.

There are also times when dealers take it upon themselves to make a call on whether a concern is warranted or not, and they don’t make the right call. Often, in those situations, Ford isn’t aware of customer’s concern and if they aren’t made aware, a legitimate claim never gets paid. An example would be someone getting stuck in deep mud and spinning a tire to the point of smoking a differential. The diff wasn’t defective, it was abused. Ford won’t pay that.

I had to sort out many of those kinds of issues in my 35 years of working with dealers and customers. I ALWAYS approved legitimate claims. I will say that the vast majority of my counterparts did the same. I normally gave the customer the benefit of the doubt on borderline cases, at least the first time. If someone came looking to get their second or third smoked clutch in their 5.0L Mustang replaced under warranty, they were denied.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Three words
..Lemon Law Attorney
In most states Lemon Law applies after 3 unsuccessful repair attempts for the same problem. If there are multiple problems that are all taken care of, the car doesn’t meet the requirements for Lemon Law. There are states where there are exceptions.

Red Sox 4Life

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Lexus GS350, Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In most states Lemon Law applies after 3 unsuccessful repair attempts for the same problem. If there are multiple problems that are all taken care of, the car doesn’t meet the requirements for Lemon Law. There are states where there are exceptions.
I live in one (CA) where if it is in the shop for over 30 days, it qualifies.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So true. One year in my Bronco has been perfect with zero issues. But my local Ford dealer is average at best and horrible on sales so I really don’t want to test them. Previously we had a Grand Cherokee, the Jeep dealer was like being in an abusive relationship and I just kept going back for more. But, last week we were traveling and 350 miles from home when we got a flat tire on my wife’s ‘20 MDX AWD. The MDX has a temp spare that I put on. Unfortunately that spare doesn’t match the regular tires and immediately threw the car into an electronic meltdown, all the dash lights lit up, the ABS activated to try and slow the car while I floored the gas to keep it moving on the highway and get to the side. That triggered the tracking control and stability control. Once stopped black smoke poured from the LF wheel where the temp spare was mounted. I called Acura Roadside Assistance, a flatbed was there in about 40 minutes to drop the car at the Acura dealer, which was closed as it was a Sunday. Monday, I called the dealer, they acknowledged having the car and were getting it on a rack for inspection. They called back that afternoon confirming the left front caliper had locked up due to the ABS furiously trying to control the wheel speed. Said they were ordering parts for an overhaul of the front brakes, rotors, calipers, pads, speed sensors, etc. they’d also flush the overheated brake fluid and inspected the AWD system to confirm no damage. They agreed the spare was not a good match for the AWD and said they’d initiate a report to Acura. 2 days later the car was ready, washed and so far has operated perfectly. All done under warranty. I’m now a fan of the Acura brand and of Duval Acura. Amazing what competent people and a company that backs their product can do for customer loyalty.
In the same situation where a spare was provided that didn’t match the other tires, Ford would have paid the claim also. If the spare didn’t come with the car, but came from somewhere else, or if the original wheels and tires on the car had been changed out for a different size from original, and the original spare was used resulting in the size mismatch, they wouldn’t and they shouldn’t be expected to.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in one (CA) where if it is in the shop for over 30 days, it qualifies.
Yep, forgot about that one, most states are the same. If a car is in the shop for an extended time below 30 days, Ford will often offer to make a payment as a compensation for the time out of the car.

Sponsored

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a retired Ford field service engineer I can say that Ford really doesn’t try to avoid paying warranty claims. Often the difference between defects in workmanship and materials gets confused with problems resulting from lack of maintenance or misuse/abuse. If a concern is truly a defect the warranty claim will be paid.

There are also times when dealers take it upon themselves to make a call on whether a concern is warranted or not, and they don’t make the right call. Often, in those situations, Ford isn’t aware of customer’s concern and if they aren’t made aware, a legitimate claim never gets paid. An example would be someone getting stuck in deep mud and spinning a tire to the point of smoking a differential. The diff wasn’t defective, it was abused. Ford won’t pay that.

I had to sort out many of those kinds of issues in my 35 years of working with dealers and customers. I ALWAYS approved legitimate claims. I will say that the vast majority of my counterparts did the same. I normally gave the customer the benefit of the doubt on borderline cases, at least the first time. If someone came looking to get their second or third smoked clutch in their 5.0L Mustang replaced under warranty, they were denied.
Awesome.

What I’m saying is that all of the manufacturers are the same. When approving the warranty service you aren’t going to take into consideration whether or not the owner proudly wears his “BUILT FORD TOUGH” T-shirt to weddings because he is just that loyal to the brand.

And for the record, I also think it’s silly when people modify their vehicles then expect Ford to pay for repairs when they caused the damage. The warranty covers factory components and the 37’s that were stuffed under a puck lift with negative offset wheels will cause premature wear. Don’t try to blame that on the manufacturer.

It is annoying though when I have video showing that chincey shifter on my $100k raptor not working and Ford won’t do anything about it because they can’t replicate the issue. You think I want to bring my truck to the shop? It’s not a simple thing for me and quite frankly the less it’s torn apart by the techs the happier I am. I’m not just making this up. 😂

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is getting old.

21' Badsquatch with only 10k miles.

I literally just got my Bronco back after a complete rear axle replacement. It took 1 year and 2 dealers to finally get the leak/repair/replacement sorted out.
(I've posted in other threads about the plug welds and other leaks)

Upon picking up the Bronco for the rear axle, the dealer informs me of a new oil pan leak, and they ordered the parts.
Sure as shit, it's leaking about a dime size after driving, and is all over the skid plates.

Prior to that at the first dealer, they discovered a rear t-case seal leak and replaced that. That was 7 weeks in shop for that fiasco.

The reliability of this particular rig has really come to be questioned, I'm thinking of selling it.
I might order a '24 WT or just move on all together.

I'm super bummed. Whining rant over...
it was built in 21 fresh out of Covid, I have one too and have had an oil drain plug replaced, front diff replaced because the gear oil leaked out due to a blown axle seal, a soft top that needs replaced and a turbo tube that blew loose. It has 51,000 miles on it. I pretty much expected this on a new fresh out of the box vehicle never made before. Other than that I love this vehicle, runs great, awesome off road and it’s a looker. I’m sure 2024’s have a lot of the bugs worked out, but hey I wanted a Bronco as soon as I could get one. My bad .

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome.

What I’m saying is that all of the manufacturers are the same. When approving the warranty service you aren’t going to take into consideration whether or not the owner proudly wears his “BUILT FORD TOUGH” T-shirt to weddings because he is just that loyal to the brand.

And for the record, I also think it’s silly when people modify their vehicles then expect Ford to pay for repairs when they caused the damage. The warranty covers factory components and the 37’s that were stuffed under a puck lift with negative offset wheels will cause premature wear. Don’t try to blame that on the manufacturer.

It is annoying though when I have video showing that chincey shifter on my $100k raptor not working and Ford won’t do anything about it because they can’t replicate the issue. You think I want to bring my truck to the shop? It’s not a simple thing for me and quite frankly the less it’s torn apart by the techs the happier I am. I’m not just making this up. 😂
I wasn’t intending to start an argument, just trying to dispel the belief that many hold that the manufacturer does everything they can not to honor their warranty to “save a few dollars “. Not being able to replicate a concern so it can be effectively diagnosed is different from trying to avoid paying for a repair. There could be several causes for the shifter not working correctly that are separate from the shifter assembly. The shifter is the most likely cause, and if it were up to me, I would put the shifter on to try to make the repair. Many dealers are afraid of the shifter not fixing the concern and when another repair is done later for the same concern, the second repair would not be covered. That’s up to them, but another dealer may handle the problem differently. As complex and hard to diagnose these new vehicles are, these situations come up unfortunately.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wasn’t intending to start an argument, just trying to dispel the belief that many hold that the manufacturer does everything they can not to honor their warranty to “save a few dollars “. Not being able to replicate a concern so it can be effectively diagnosed is different from trying to avoid paying for a repair. There could be several causes for the shifter not working correctly that are separate from the shifter assembly. The shifter is the most likely cause, and if it were up to me, I would put the shifter on to try to make the repair. Many dealers are afraid of the shifter not fixing the concern and when another repair is done later for the same concern, the second repair would not be covered. That’s up to them, but another dealer may handle the problem differently. As complex and hard to diagnose these new vehicles are, these situations come up unfortunately.
Which comes back to why I prefer to mitigate any work the dealer does to my truck. Hell, the last time I took it in for what Ford recognized to be an issue (flickering amber light on driver side. Looked absolutely ridiculous) when I got it back both sides were flickering 😂 Figured out the issue thanks to internet friends and I took care of it myself by reducing power to 60% with Forscan. Done-please don’t touch my truck.

The point is, the experience won’t be any different between Ford, Ram, Chevy, Mercedes, etcetera. Brand loyalty makes no sense. They all make lemons and they all make cars that everyone swears they have zero issues with. So drive them all and see what you like best within the category you’re looking for. The brand isn’t loyal to you. Hell-look at the guy that just lost $1200 in points due to expiration. If Ford was really concerned about being dedicated to their customers, would they put an expiration on the points then refuse to do anything to help the guy out? 🙄

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
SierraBronco I just don't think you understand the concept of the true Bronco enthusiast and being a way of life. It isn't simply a Brand you go change like your dirty underwear.
In a way I sorta feel sad that you don't understand this. Always feeling grass is greener elsewhere will only leave you longing for happiness. Using your concept why have a favorite sports team, racing team, or beverage? You're just a number to them....
Lighten up and enjoy the ride!!! Ford Bronco Freedom!
Sponsored