Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is getting old.

21' Badsquatch with only 10k miles.

I literally just got my Bronco back after a complete rear axle replacement. It took 1 year and 2 dealers to finally get the leak/repair/replacement sorted out.
(I've posted in other threads about the plug welds and other leaks)

Upon picking up the Bronco for the rear axle, the dealer informs me of a new oil pan leak, and they ordered the parts.
Sure as shit, it's leaking about a dime size after driving, and is all over the skid plates.

Prior to that at the first dealer, they discovered a rear t-case seal leak and replaced that. That was 7 weeks in shop for that fiasco.

The reliability of this particular rig has really come to be questioned, I'm thinking of selling it.
I might order a '24 WT or just move on all together.

I'm super bummed. Whining rant over...
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine being built on a Thursday must have something to do with it having no issues so far , lol.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is getting old.

21' Badsquatch with only 10k miles.

I literally just got my Bronco back after a complete rear axle replacement. It took 1 year and 2 dealers to finally get the leak/repair/replacement sorted out.
(I've posted in other threads about the plug welds and other leaks)

Upon picking up the Bronco for the rear axle, the dealer informs me of a new oil pan leak, and they ordered the parts.
Sure as shit, it's leaking about a dime size after driving, and is all over the skid plates.

Prior to that at the first dealer, they discovered a rear t-case seal leak and replaced that. That was 7 weeks in shop for that fiasco.

The reliability of this particular rig has really come to be questioned, I'm thinking of selling it.
I might order a '24 WT or just move on all together.

I'm super bummed. Whining rant over...
Brand loyalty is so peculiar to me. These manufacturers will do everything they can to not honor their warranty if it means saving a buck-the fact that people can be so dedicated to that same manufacturer is preposterous. Drive everything within the category you’re looking at and buy the one you like most. Simple.

If it’s a Bronco I hope you have better luck with your next one. If not good luck and we’ll see you on the trail all the same 👊🏼

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I probably wouldn't stay with that Bronco if you've struggled without a free loaner and all the inconvenience that goes with cars being "in the shop". Now if that was taken care of, I'd still be annoyed but not as much. I'd probably look at a different year, Seems like u just got a bad one.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately it appears you got a bad one. If you ever find a manufacturer who doesn’t buiof bad ones, let’s all know. Good luck on getting your issues resolved.

Sponsored

Dontc4re

Badlands
First Name
Edmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 area 51Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Covid bronco and the folks in Michigan did not fail me. I beat my bronco like it owes me money and other than the rear window clips she has been flawless. Thank you Ford did not remove this sticker 2years!
Ford Bronco I'm a Ford guy, but... IMG_5314
Ford Bronco I'm a Ford guy, but... IMG_5314

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brand loyalty is so peculiar to me. These manufacturers will do everything they can to not honor their warranty if it means saving a buck-the fact that people can be so dedicated to that same manufacturer is preposterous. Drive everything within the category you’re looking at and buy the one you like most. Simple.

If it’s a Bronco I hope you have better luck with your next one. If not good luck and we’ll see you on the trail all the same 👊🏼
Some of us stay with a make that has treated us well.

OP
OP
ColoradoKid26

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately it appears you got a bad one. If you ever find a manufacturer who doesn’t buiof bad ones, let’s all know. Good luck on getting your issues resolved.
I've owned somewhere north of 25 Ford trucks since 1988. Most have been incredibly reliable, and I've only had a few minor electrical and trim things go bad. The biggest mechanical issue I've had was a ring and pinon go bad in a 2012 F-150.

I've only had one (2006 F-150 w/ 5.4L) that was a complete turd that should've been sent to the crusher. It had EEC demons so bad that Henry Ford himself couldn't perform an exorcism on.

Other than that, all the Fords I've bought my wife and kids have been very good to us. I guess that why I'm in that WTF headspace with this one. I might give it one more shot after the oil pan gasket repair. Sux, I've had such fun in this one so far too...

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree 100%. I buy the car I want at the time of purchase. I have no loyalty to a brand. Why is that? Because they have no loyalty to me - I’m just a number.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agree 100%. I buy the car I want at the time of purchase. I have no loyalty to a brand. Why is that? Because they have no loyalty to me - I’m just a number.
Yip! If it happens to be Ford then it’s a Ford. But I’m driving everything to see what is out there.

OP
OP
ColoradoKid26

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the most polite way, can we please stop with the "you'll find out when you click it *wink* *wink*" thread titles?
How edgy

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
11k miles on my 2023 and it has been trouble free. I'm glad Ford had me wait for 3 years to get it...Maybe trade it in on a 2024 and your experience will be different.
Sponsored