Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

Mark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iced Tea? Is that code for something with Barley and Hops? :D
No codes or inside jokes intended. After hiking, I drink iced tea on the tailgate and prepare a cooler beforehand. Still, members should feel free to substitute the beverage of their choice...
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "limb risers" were more or less a bust for me. I used them once and mostly they strip leaves and small twigs from the limbs and neatly deposit them on the cowl, blocking my vision. The detent fell out of the pin the 2nd time I tried to put them on, and one came loose and flapped all over the R fender and door. They DID send me a replacement pin, but they have just been more hassle than they are worth! Now they are using up console storage space

Bobio

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bad lands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. I was thinking the mati was
I have them on my BL. No issues whatsoever, and the Matte finish doesn't look out of place. Suggest that you clean very well the surfaces and make sure that it's warm outside (70'sh degrees or more) before install. That will help the adhesive to stick and cure.
[/Q
I have them on my BL. No issues whatsoever, and the Matte finish doesn't look out of place. Suggest that you clean very well the surfaces and make sure that it's warm outside (70'sh degrees or more) before install. That will help the adhesive to stick and cure.
[/QUOTE
I was thinking of the matte too.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We use the heck out of the tailgate table. Bought the Mabbett version 1.0 one on sale for around $160. We tend to do a lot of exploring/hikes and have lunch near the tailgate. Drag out folding chars and soft cooler from the back seat. This makes a nice prep area and spot to keep random lunch related bits while we're eating.

I'm the type of person who generally won't but an accessory until I have a real need for it. After a near disastrous taco incident one day, decided a tailgate table was the way to go. I'm also cheap, so waited for that one to go on sale!

Does it rattle - yes, a but. But it's a Bronco - it's SUPPOSED to rattle!

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kinda shocked that no one mentioned the Ford Floor mats. They don't fully cover the dead pedal and you will always have sand/dirt under the matter because of this.

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The part sitting on a shelf in my garage still are my Rock Lights. I tried enlisting help to get them installed with no luck. Also - Not the highest priority; I'm not out at night enough to show off the underglow I was sure that I really needed.
I set mine to turn on when I remote start (or start, in general), and it's always a crowd pleaser.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I second the IAG Rear Cup Holder... it just keeps the water bottles together (for a second or two) as they slide around the back floor board....

Has anyone tried the Mabett Rear Cup Holder?!?!?!?!?!?!
get some heavy duty Velcro and you will have 0 issues with the IAG style cupholder. Mines been coated in mud and sand and still holds up just fine

Gdukedog1

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How about the Ford slide-out cargo gizmo that claims to let you stretch out for sleeping in the Bronco or sitting on it, like a tailgate? We looked long and hard at adding one while doing the "Build and Price" at the dealer's. I thought it would be like sitting on the tailgate, enjoying the view, and having a cold one as we do on my truck. The wife objected that it was not solid enough to be functional and was overpriced, which I agreed with, and we decided against it. Did we do the right thing? Does anybody have one who likes it?

I love the slide out. It is very sturdy. I can jump on it at 215 lbs. Plus I have a kid in diapers. It is the best changing table out there.

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I admit that my first mod was paracord grab handles. I don't need one to get in, but my Escape had a handle up there and I really like hanging my arm off it when cruising down the nice beach road here.
If you don't like casually hanging your arm from a grab-handle while cruising down the road, you do NOT want a comfy paracord handle up there.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually I do. And I like keeping both hands on the wheel. It really helps me to get in. Also passengers appreciate them.

irishkpo

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 300ZX TT, '23 BRaptor, '24 HLE 2dr soon.....
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I set mine to turn on when I remote start (or start, in general), and it's always a crowd pleaser.
And how did you do that so that they turn on when you start? Inquiring minds want to copy this....

Mine are hooked up to an AUX switch. I mean I guess I could just turn that on when I shut it down and then they would come on when I started up..... Seems a pain to have to remember to turn them on and off.

Would be great if there was a way to have them come on when the truck is parked and off when you put it in drive (illegal to operate them when driving in my state) and then ALSO be able to force them on with the AUX switch when driving. Sure would be nice if there were some programmable outputs somewhere that we could tap into.

I'd also like to have a master AUX switch that kills all my accessory lights at once. Driving in the north woods at night through MN and WI I use them to look for deer on lonely roads. However it's a PITA to flip three switches when I see the occasional oncoming car.
Sponsored