Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine had the hood protector when I bought it. While I don’t love the looks, I also don’t have any windshield chips in 18,000 miles.
This will not be well accepted - rock chips are due to tailgating. My son drives a sedan with a very laid-back windshield and he gets tons of rock chips because he tailgates. I’ve never had a rock chip in 40 years of driving and that has nothing to do with my windshield.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great thread. For me it would be the JCR tailgate table. I never use it, after 2 years the rubber latches are now worn out and it's starting to rattle, and the holes in the molle grid are not centered and look bad.

I could write a whole list of useless stuff other people buy. :LOL:
I'm with you on this. I bought a tailgate table from outdoor adventures and have literally never used it after having it on for like a year now. Not sure what I was thinking. $600 wasted.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't want to have to "slam" the door with the flimsy widow glass up, so I replaced them with thinner StickerFab carbon fibre guards (second pic) that also cover the edges. Best $14 investment yet!
I appreciate your post, I got some sticker type from Amazon and after they were shipped I saw the thicker ones and was second guessing the sticker type; good to know I lucked out on getting the sticker type.

And so far they have protect the sill from surface scratches from sand & small rocks and the sills & stickers still look good 14 months later.

Last edited:

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is a bummer to read! I picked one up today after using points to get it for free
I hope you have better luck than I did.

Who knows; they may have improved it since I bought mine.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This will not be well accepted - rock chips are due to tailgating. My son drives a sedan with a very laid-back windshield and he gets tons of rock chips because he tailgates. I’ve never had a rock chip in 40 years of driving and it has nothing to do with my windshield.
The only windshield chip I have received in my decades of driving was from a truck that was several car lengths in front of me, I was no where near tailgating. While tailgating someone can certainly improve your ability to get a chip in your windshield, you can certainly get them without tailgating.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great thread. For me it would be the JCR tailgate table. I never use it, after 2 years the rubber latches are now worn out and it's starting to rattle, and the holes in the molle grid are not centered and look bad.

I could write a whole list of useless stuff other people buy. :LOL:
I looked at the tailgate tables and just couldn't see it being used as much as it "appears" one would. You're not always going to be parked perfectly and it's access is actually limited by the door; I bought a cheap light weight, wooded teak style, folding table for $3 at a thrift store that works perfect on the trail and doubles for use in the tent too.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Paracord grab handles. I bought them, held them up to the bolts, realized i would not like them while I am driving, then returned them.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Paracord grab handles. I bought them, held them up to the bolts, realized i would not like them while I am driving, then returned them.
my wife calls it her "emotional support handle" lol

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will not be well accepted - rock chips are due to tailgating. My son drives a sedan with a very laid-back windshield and he gets tons of rock chips because he tailgates. I’ve never had a rock chip in 40 years of driving and it has nothing to do with my windshield.
I think you're correct about your son. He's asking for stone chips.

I never got a stone chip until I started driving on urban freeways in a city with lots of construction going on. I don't remember ever getting a stone chip while on surface streets.

I don't tailgate. But my Subaru has acquired four rock chips in ten years. Each time I was on the freeway. Each was from a vehicle in another lane, not always the lane next to me. Also one rock seems to have come from from opposing traffic. There was no one near me when I got it. This was on a divided freeway. Sometimes you can see them just before they hit. I also think all four came from trucks. Once a tire tosses a rock, it can bounce in any direction and might bounce high enough to hit a windshield. My Subaru is low (Impreza), my Bronco not so low. So I don't anticipate getting stone chips on my Bronco.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ordered these door sill guards (first pic) off Amazon. They're rugged, cover the edges, and look great IMO but they're too thick and rubbed against the door bottom. This required extra force to close the door. In fairness, my driver's side door alignment is slightly low (even after an attempted fix) so you may or may not get the same results.

I didn't want to have to "slam" the door with the flimsy widow glass up, so I replaced them with thinner StickerFab carbon fibre guards (second pic) that also cover the edges. Best $14 investment yet!

IMG_0261.JPG

StickerFab.jpg
Thanks for the save on this! I was about to buy the very same ones you had first.

Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered these door sill guards (first pic) off Amazon. They're rugged, cover the edges, and look great IMO but they're too thick and rubbed against the door bottom. This required extra force to close the door. In fairness, my driver's side door alignment is slightly low (even after an attempted fix) so you may or may not get the same results.

IMG_0261.JPG

StickerFab.jpg
Thanks for your post. I never step on the door sill, but I can't rely on passengers doing the same. So sooner or later I'll have to get door sill guards. The Ford ones seem mainly for show, they don't cover the edges.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will not be well accepted - rock chips are due to tailgating. My son drives a sedan with a very laid-back windshield and he gets tons of rock chips because he tailgates. I’ve never had a rock chip in 40 years of driving and that has nothing to do with my windshield.
Not always the case. You don’t drive the interstates in upstate NY. Many tractor trailers, which I do not tailgate, throw very large debris at all the cars. I was in the left lane and dump truck passed me in the middle lane in my one week old 2017 Raptor. As he went by, He threw a large rock that shattered my windshield. And in Oregon, the state uses crushed lava rock on the roads during the winter months. No one’s windshields or paint survive that. But congrats on your particular experiences.

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 23 BD came with 5 speakers and a fake subwoofer... because the highly competent Ford supply chain gurus had a shortage of a rare and precious commodity called subwoofers, just like they had a shortage of tow hitches. Installing a much better Kicker subwoofer and the amp came to about $250. The vehicle is so noisy that I see little point in spending money on a fancy sound system, but we each are entitled to make our one choices.
It should have been 6 speakers - 2 in the dash, 2 kick panels and 2 in the rear pods. Which one was missing? That should be a sure warranty issue, no?

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After adding he hood protector there are waaaay less bug spatter on the windshield.

tempImagenlJTwg.png
Yep, my Raptor pickup does not have one, and it gets way more bugs than my Bronco driving the exact same roads.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It should have been 6 speakers - 2 in the dash, 2 kick panels and 2 in the rear pods. Which one was missing? That should be a sure warranty issue, no?
Maybe I miscoubted. It came without a sub , so maybe that is the 7th speaker.
Sponsored