Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So now that a few years have passed and many of us have experienced and observed the many accessories that one could waste money on, what would you recommend your friends avoid when pre-ordering accessories from Ford and 3rd parties while eagerly waiting their Bronco delivery? Which things would you say

"Dude, that was not an upgrade..."

Because of:
  1. low quality
  2. over priced
  3. bad aesthetics
  4. low performance
  5. lack of use cases
  6. poor design
Okay to have a little fun with this and there is no need to defend anything (to each his own) - this just about things you "don't" like, so keep it negative! Add to the list rather than disagree with it (and then there will be no disagreement to disagree about).

I will start with my "don't be tempted" advice to a friend who is waiting on their Bronco and eager to buy accessories:
  1. JBL soundbar (totally blocks rear visibility, high price, better/cheaper ways to get much better sound)
  2. Front fender corner trim guard black plastic (might be functional but looks like part of Michael Keaton's Batman suit)
  3. Front door steel storage pockets (those corners are waiting to send your knee to ER)
  4. Ford Accessories hood scoop (a big chunk of black plastic stuck to your hood - I don't like fake scoops)
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Personally, I think that the wor

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford hood protector. It has zero lift to it to send stones overwhelming roof and as far as protecting the front edge from chips, 3m clear tape will do the same.

Ford cargo drawer. Pain to remove and reinstall on as needed. Cannot access the trunk without removing drawer. Width is short and leaves 2-4 " open space on each side for stuff to fall into.

BroncoNapped

Base
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, this should ruffle a few feathers... but the tailgate table.
I spent way too much for them 4 legged creatures to rip apart my ride because it smells like my dinner

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco script letters. Definitely does not look good

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hooke Road half roof rack vibrated like an out of tune guitar

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco script letters. Definitely does not look good

Say wut !!?

Personally I dig the old school big blocky FORD letters, and the script letters.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford hood protector. It has zero lift to it to send stones overwhelming roof and as far as protecting the front edge from chips, 3m clear tape will do the same.

Ford cargo drawer. Pain to remove and reinstall on as needed. Cannot access the trunk without removing drawer. Width is short and leaves 2-4 " open space on each side for stuff to fall into.
Mine had the hood protector when I bought it. While I don’t love the looks, I also don’t have any windshield chips in 18,000 miles.

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are a few that I have a love/hate or hate/hate view of:
Husky rear floor mat - It is molded about 1-2" higher than the hump in the floor so it just collects dirt underneath that area. The designer/engineer sent a new mat, but it has the same issue. BUT I love the extended coverage over the door sill that Husky offers over the OEM mat. Definitely needs more refinement
IAG rear cup holder - they sent a replacement magnet totally unprovoked/unrequested (which was nice - have always had great service from them) but the metal bracket does not work to secure the cupholder down with ANY type of floor mat installed. And having it down on the floor just doesn't work for daily life with my family/two kids.

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Add the Ford folding tailgate table. The table itself is decent but requires you drill 4 holes in the tailgate of your new Bronco and the hardware Ford supplies to mount it once you’ve drilled those holes is garbage.

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, this should ruffle a few feathers... but the tailgate table.
I spent way too much for them 4 legged creatures to rip apart my ride because it smells like my dinner
Omg never thought of that… true? Pics?
Sponsored