BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have hundreds of thousands of miles on Fords capless fuel filler and will agree it is either the gas station or operator error.
Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw a thread about this issue a while back, but I couldn't find it. This is more annoying than anything, but was just curious if anyone else had this issue.

When using the lever lock on the gas handle to refill, it constantly will pop and stop refilling. I've tried this at a few different gas stations with different handles and it still will not hold.

My theory is it has something to do with the Easy Fill Nozzle on the gas tank that causes it to keep popping like it's finished.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Like I said, it's just more so annoying. When its really cold out, I really don't like having to stand there and hold the handle. For reference, its the "Operating Lever Trigger" that I'm referencing.
First world problem. In NY there are no lever locking gas pumps

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First world problem. In NY there are no lever locking gas pumps
This is great.
I've heard of first world issues and third world issues, but NY? Would it be considered the second world? I've always wondered with 1st and 3rd worlds what is the 2nd world.

Sorry, just my smart @ss coming out but I thought your comment was funny.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

California has some stupid vapor recovery crap that it won’t let the gas dispense unless it can pull a vacuum on the tank - makes it twice as hard to get the nozzle in just right, and the fill tube on the bronco is wiggly/flexible, so that makes it more so.

But I can still usually finagle it to lever lock and fill.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is great.
I've heard of first world issues and third world issues, but NY? Would it be considered the second world? I've always wondered with 1st and 3rd worlds what is the 2nd world.

Sorry, just my smart @ss coming out but I thought your comment was funny.
1st is free/strong economies, 2nd is/was communism and 3rd under or undeveloped

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw a thread about this issue a while back, but I couldn't find it. This is more annoying than anything, but was just curious if anyone else had this issue.

When using the lever lock on the gas handle to refill, it constantly will pop and stop refilling. I've tried this at a few different gas stations with different handles and it still will not hold.

My theory is it has something to do with the Easy Fill Nozzle on the gas tank that causes it to keep popping like it's finished.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Like I said, it's just more so annoying. When its really cold out, I really don't like having to stand there and hold the handle. For reference, its the "Operating Lever Trigger" that I'm referencing.
turn nozzle upside down lol

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't happen often, but once in awhile I'll find a pump that is finicky and needs fiddled with.

As others have noted, changing the angle of attack or one of the lower fill rates usually takes care of it.
When that doesn't work, pulling the nozzle out just a tiny amount is the cure, but that sketches me out a bit if I'm wanting to leave it unattended. Never have had an issue though.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only happens to me at one particular local gas station. The kickstand for the fuel nozzle has 2 spots. It jumps out of the highest one, so I put it on the lower one. Just takes a couple more minutes to fill up. No biggie.

At stations that don’t have a kickstand, like in NY, just jam your wallet in there to prop it up. 👍🏼

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had an F150 that did this every time….. 37 gal tank. It could be vent that’s clogged from constant overfilling.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only happens to me at one particular local gas station. The kickstand for the fuel nozzle has 2 spots. It jumps out of the highest one, so I put it on the lower one. Just takes a couple more minutes to fill up. No biggie.

At stations that don’t have a kickstand, like in NY, just jam your wallet in there to prop it up. 👍🏼
I used to use the gas cap when running into this, not any more!

Sponsored

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I used to stick the gas cap in there but now that we dont have one 😏

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, whatever the fix, be sure to not top off your tank with these Broncos. I learned that the hard way when driving down from Vermont, after filling up and topping off the tank, the engine started sputtering and seemsEd to go into limp mode for several miles. CEL came on and I later discovered that Topping off the tank affect the emissions controls which produced engine misfires.

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn’t see it yet, and being that I live here I’ll kick it off……Jersey want to know, what is this problem you speak of?! 🤣😁🤣😉

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn’t see it yet, and being that I live here I’ll kick it off……Jersey want to know, what is this problem you speak of?! 🤣😁🤣😉
I didnt even know there was an Easter egg above the gas neck until we went out of town for vacation.
Ford Bronco Filling up gas using handle lever lock won't hold IMG_2299

you guys fill your own gas?
Sincerely,
New Jersey
😆

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine doesn’t do that, second vehicle with easy fill. You have a restriction in the fill tube. Try locking it partially depressed. Will take longer but you can sit in your car.
Sitting in your car while self fillng a vehicle is illegal in my state and probably where you are also. Only New Jersey where self filling is outlawed
Sponsored