First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My passenger window is doing this as well. When trying to close the window, it goes all the way up until closed, then immediately changes it mind and auto opens all the way to the bottom. I have driven this vehicle about 5 times since purchasing it brand new and so far the heater doesn't work properly and the windows don't close. I'm starting to see a pattern emerge.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!
Sponsored

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My passenger window is doing this as well. When trying to close the window, it goes all the way up until closed, then immediately changes it mind and auto opens all the way to the bottom. I have driven this vehicle about 5 times since purchasing it brand new and so far the heater doesn't work properly and the windows don't close. I'm starting to see a pattern emerge.
I ran into this a little over a week ago. Window went down but refused to go back up. Been sitting at the dealership waiting for a switch since. Couple that with multiple transmission issues. Love my Bronco when it works but I'm getting tired of the quality issues.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My driver side front window did this to me tonight when parking in the garage. It jumps back to the half-way point very fast. I had to cycle it 4-5 times holding the button down for an extra 5 seconds each time down and up and it finally stayed. That was fun. Good thing I wasn’t in the downpour outside.
And here I was going to take my Bronco in to the dealer like a ninny with my tail between my legs after merely trying to reset it once a few separate times …

Thanks - persistence worked!

jrbreeland

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like everyone has this problem. I've had mine for 2 months and I think each window has done this at least once. Is there a way to start a survey on here and see how many have this issue?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I feel like everyone has this problem. I've had mine for 2 months and I think each window has done this at least once. Is there a way to start a survey on here and see how many have this issue?
Hi there, Jason. This window concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

jrbreeland

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there, Jason. This window concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
No thanks. I can’t set a service appointment myself. Trying to avoid that since service departments are terrible in Atlanta area.

r1kid99

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had this problem with several different windows in my Black Diamond. The only window that works flawlessly is the passenger side front. The relearn procedure works intermittently. The last time this happened, I used the key fob to put all the windows in the down position and then performed the relearn procedure - problem fixed. Could be coincidence, but that's what worked for me.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine just started doing this, like five minutes ago, as the first drops of a nasty thunderstorm started to fall. I put it up as high as it will go, while still allowing the (driver side) door to open and close. I'll try the reset, once the atorm passes, if it ever does (it's been raining for a couple months now, it seems).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had this happen and service said get the windows up or down then press or hold down 5 seconds to reset.

I have a different issue. My rear won't go up the last two inches. I can roll it down but it stops at the same place every time on the up. Won't go up.
any suggestions?

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: I managed to get the window up millimeter by millimeter. I kept pressing g up on the button over and over and Gia in got it up. Saves me an emergency trip to the dealer. Kinda frustrating, all these window issues. I seem to have the other problem weekly.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No thanks. I can’t set a service appointment myself. Trying to avoid that since service departments are terrible in Atlanta area.
Don’t know who your dealership is, but Jim Ellis Ford service has done pretty good for me thus far, so if they’re not too out of the way for you, maybe give them a shot.

Or, hope the reset works for you. So far so good on my windows, but it’s only 8 months old, so we’ll see. :)

tofudrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I searched the forum a bit and can't find the resolution. My driver side rear window wont stay up when I hit the button. I goes all the way up and immediately back down. Has anyone else had this issue?
Yes it does it a lot. Mostly all the windows. It can be replicated if u auto roll up while closing/slamming the door

HuntersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having the same window issue with my passenger front. Goes to the top and then immediately comes down, almost to fully open, about 3 inches from bottom. I’ve tried the hold the switch down and back up reset trick many, many times but no luck. As soon as it hits the top it goes back down. Even when holding the button in the up position. Thoughts?

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This has worked for LOTS of guys...