First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not had any trouble with it locking when I push the button in the handle but I do seem to have an issue with the auto unlock on the passenger's side.
Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not had any trouble with it locking when I push the button in the handle but I do seem to have an issue with the auto unlock on the passenger's side.
If itā€™s never unlocking the passenger side, thatā€™s a setting you can change. We were going through it with my wife and I said ā€œit should open all doors when you do that so you donā€™t have to unlock manually for the other passengersā€. She corrects me and says ā€œwell youā€™re not a womanā€ and I immediately understood.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone else have trouble getting the doors to lock with the "buttons" on the handles? They only work about half the time. When it's acting up none of the doors will do it so I know it's not just a single button malfunction.
If I hit the button as soon as I close the door, itā€™s hit or miss if it actually works. If I wait a 1/2 second after closing the door, it works every single time. On mine, itā€™s as if thereā€™s a slight delay from closing door, window rolling itself up, and the button becoming active.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Imagine thatā€¦

Sponsored

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Every time I notice these buttons my thought is ā€œwhy?ā€

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well they're acting up again so the way I'm touching it is not the only issue. Couldn't get it to lock from outside at all last night until I opened and reclosed the door.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just press the door lock button on the inside of the door as I'm exiting and shut the door. Works every time.
That's great, but they gave us this feature and I want it to work on a brand new car.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every time I notice these buttons my thought is ā€œwhy?ā€
Sometimes, the last door you close is the cargo door, or one of the -gasp! - rear doors, and itā€™s nice to just touch the handle to lock the car, rather than have to open a front door to get to the switch or fish for the key fob in your pocket.

Since it already has an ā€œunlockā€ sensor built into the handle, why not put a lock sensor in there. If you feel itā€™s unnecessary, you can always just not use itā€¦

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone else have trouble getting the doors to lock with the "buttons" on the handles? They only work about half the time. When it's acting up none of the doors will do it so I know it's not just a single button malfunction.
This particular design requires a 360 degree grip (i.e.- fingers on the INSIDE of grab portion of handle) plus pressing the "nub" to actuate/trigger, unlike some other Ford designs, such as the 3G Escape/Focus, which only required the touching of the outside-facing "nub"

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This particular design requires a 360 degree grip (i.e.- fingers on the INSIDE of grab portion of handle) to actuate/trigger, unlike some other Ford designs, such as the 3G Escape/Focus, which only required the touching of the outside-facing "nub"
Thatā€™s for unlockingā€¦

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thatā€™s for unlockingā€¦
True, but partially incorrect-

EDIT: For some reason, these handles require a touch of the inside portion before touching the lock button. Sort of like an "unlock clear" thing

-Sincerely, Trim engineer

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While an acting up sensor like is one thing, like it seems the OP may have, the correct way to use the handle sensor is as follows...

When the vehicle is anyway locked and you are getting in, just reaching into the handle area will unlock it. No need to physically touch the handle if you only want to unlock but not open the door.

If you have already gotten out and shut the door but now want to lock it. You just rest a finger on the small sensor that shows a lock picture. Just rest on it and wait a fraction of a second. No need to press down.

Reaching into the handle while trying to use the lock sensor can possibly cause problems where it's not sure if you are locking or unlocking.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
True, but partially incorrect-

EDIT: For some reason, these handles require a touch of the inside portion before touching the lock button. Sort of like an "unlock clear" thing

-Sincerely, Trim engineer
Seriously? I never do that, and it locks just fine. But maybe @Tricky Dick can try that and see if it helpsā€¦

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just press the door lock button on the inside of the door as I'm exiting and shut the door. Works every time.
Same here, circumvents the buggy outcome.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.