indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking at ways I can get the sasquatch look and stance without paying the $7k for the actual upgrades. I know this has been talked about at length on the forums, but wanted to get your thoughts on the following.

The shop i'm working with proposed the following options:
1. 2" spacer kit
2. Install a used sasquatch suspension kit
3. Just do coils
4. Just do struts

I'm admittedly not super versed in what just doing coils or struts actually means, but those are the notes I took. Obviously upgrading to 35" tires would be on the list to achieve the look, but wanted help with the 4 options listed above. He mentioned the 2" spacer kit specifically would make the ride noticeably more stiff. Would love some pros/cons of each and maybe your experience going any of these routes. Thanks!!
(Photo for attention only)

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 10.58.56 AM.png
For max cost savings, you could get some mild spacers for $50. I'd stick with 1" or so lift with some additional level in front, no need to go 2" for 35s. Find a friend willing to help, offer some beer. The spacers shouldn't stiffen the ride or cause trouble for your usage. You'll probably need an alignment afterwards.

For 35" tires, cost will depend on if you also need wheels. I got some hardly used Territory tires and Ranger wheels off FB Marketplace and eBay.

(Note: I'm currently running 35s with no lift no problem on pavement, spacers are here ready to install next month once I recover from an injury.)
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
FYI, the Sas package is only 1.1" over the stock suspension and you can run 35"s with the non-sas Badlands suspension that is only .6" over stock. The key being you need wheels similar to the Sas wheels off-set. I'd look for take-off Sas Shocks and wheels/rims.

Air Biscuit

Black Diamond
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For max cost savings, you could get some mild spacers for $50. I'd stick with 1" or so lift with some additional level in front, no need to go 2" for 35s. Find a friend willing to help, offer some beer. The spacers shouldn't stiffen the ride or cause trouble for your usage. You'll probably need an alignment afterwards.

For 35" tires, cost will depend on if you also need wheels. I got some hardly used Territory tires and Ranger wheels off FB Marketplace and eBay.

(Note: I'm currently running 35s with no lift no problem on pavement, spacers are here ready to install next month once I recover from an injury.)
What he said 100%…
If your solely going for a Sasquatch look a 1 in level up front and some top spacers from another 1 in kit in the rear will sit you at the height of stock Sasquatch. Honestly you could pay $60 for “name brand” kits or $20 for an Amazon special. They’re just big washers at the end of the day, steel or aluminum, take your pick. So yea for literally $50 you could have your lift height and then find yourself a set of factory take off wheels and tires and that’s your look right there….

Now that being said like others have mentioned being that you’ll have everything apart anyway and it isn’t any more labor, factory take off bilsteins are a more functional approach if you plan on wheeling the thing. That will run you $400-800 probably for a set. Or eibachs for $1500, or whatever other setup you could choose.

But if it’s just the look you’re going for, $50 or $500+? Sounds like a no brainer to me. And there’s really no reason why you cant wheel the thing w a 1in level kit up front and a couple shims out back…

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see a lot of people saying look for squatch takeoffs, I say don't. The yellow Bilsteins on my Bronco have all rotted out and emptied. Complete garbage.

Like it's already been suggested, look at the Bilstein 5100's, or even the 6112's (if I got the number right) or anyone else selling a simple 2" lift. OME and Eibach are both in that $1600 range if I remember correctly. And if you just want the look, do a 2" level/lift (space kit), hard to say no to a $100 kit to get the height you want.

Sponsored

ajbower

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Started with a base big bend on 32" stock big bend wheels. Added hoss 3.0 that was taken off another bronco that was getting a bigger suspension. Added the sasquatch wheel flares had them line-x coated. Great decision there. That has held up very well. Take off 17" sasquatch wheels from a different bronco build put KO's on it then. Capable bumper off of another build. I did add the IAG Boards onto the Ford rock slides that I honestly don't remember where I got those. There was some horse trading involved I am sure. This thing has been a lot of fun. I smile everyday when I drive it. It has two open diffs and has gone everywhere I have asked it to go.

Ford Bronco Fake Squatch Help IMG_2963

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're going for the look, grab some decent spacers and slap on some big meats. Shock spacers don't change ride quality, however they can possibly lead to overextending other components.
I'm running 1.5" shock spacers on my Badlands shocks, with a diff drop, so no worries there.

Squatch or Badlands takeoffs is a good idea. Aftermarket shocks will be big bucks, and probably overkill if you're not using them for their purpose, unless you want the street cred.

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you located? I can make you a deal on SAS shocks (with Eibach pro lift springs), SAS fenders, rear bumper caps, track bar and upgraded UCA’s. All you will need are wheels and tires.

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was about 2400 for sasquatch take-offs... wheels/tires, Bilsteins, labor, alignment & balance.
If you're gonna go through the trouble ripping the suspension apart, make it worth while and get what you want.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bilstein 5100's set at 1" to 1.5" of lift. They are excellent, not expensive and you reuse your existing springs.
This.

Or if you want to spend a bit more, 6100s.

Spacers are junk.

Old Codger

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Broncolado,

Reading through the replies, here is my take away ...

It seems the consensus is don't go down the spacer route. I have nothing to add on this.

The Bilstein 5100's mentioned is the "just do struts" alternative re-using stock springs.

Sasquatch take-offs has a lot going for it. What no one is saying is you need to try to match 2 door / 4 door and 2.3 / 2.7 engine when you look for donors. Try being the key word. Mismatch is not the end of the world but will effect ride height and how level / unlevel it is at rest. Trim level doesn't matter.

"just do coils" is tricky to do right. This is changing the springs but keeping the Hitachi shocks. That no one advocating for this is telling.

On a side note, I will have a set of 5 Wildtrak take off wheels and tires in a few weeks. Durango may not be convenient for you but they'll be priced to move. Keeping my Hoss 3.0 suspension since that was why I bought a Wildtrak in the first place.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure Fake Squatch will be much help, but I still see them on the forums sometimes.

"Spacers are junk." Is junk advice. There are plenty of situations where coil spacers and/or body lift spacers are perfectly fine. You want to be sure they are made very well and stay under 2" for COG issues for a body lift, but the bigger issue is usually factory wiring not having more than a couple inches of slack.

Set of 4 coilovers and new UCAs. There are plenty of issues with that route too. You will go down a rabbit hole. It may not be too bad depending on how sensitive you are to road manners or pampered by the floating couch design of many modern vehicles.

This will bring some hate, but no scientifically sound rebuttals: 😘
Everything will stress something. If all options include larger wheels and tires, a body lift will actually equate to the least stress on vulnerable components that are a PITA to repair, especially, when and where they end up breaking.
Ford Bronco Fake Squatch Help 1000013831

*That said, I won't be using them on this vehicle (wheeled on 35s in a JK with them) and will wait until I can stomach buying portals and everything else at the same time. It's a similar stress, though, portals are just a bodylift for your axles, right? 😂

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Hitachi shocks are crap. My advice is to scan the Marketplace here for SAS take-offs, or just DM Migo for his take-offs. You will love the way your Black Diamond drives with the Bilsteins! Enjoy your mods.....Once you start, you just keep going!!!
:cool:(y)
Sponsored