BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150-KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shameless plug to always use the alignment pin that Ford gives you when re-installing the doors. It's night and day in terms of difficulty level. I can't imagine not using it when putting the doors back on (seems like a nightmare).
This. It makes the job so much easier.
Also, move slowly and deliberately when re-installing the doors and everything will be. And get yourself a cordless ratchet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ALWAYS use the alignment pin and the rubber edge guards to protect the paint. I even found a couple random extras in the garage. The first time I went reinstall mine I dropped the driver door cause I didnt have it all the way seated. Never let go of the back side until the bolt is in place. Ive had 2 jeeps and while this is a bit more complicated once you get the hang of it theres nothing to it.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm betting that won't lift high enough for a Braptor - but that is awesome
They have taller reach ones for around $400 I think . I would just add some extensions to the wheels or get larger wheels depending on how much more height you needed .

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shameless plug to always use the alignment pin that Ford gives you when re-installing the doors. It's night and day in terms of difficulty level. I can't imagine not using it when putting the doors back on (seems like a nightmare).
i hate to admit it, but i just learned about the alignment pin last week... i have been taking teh doors off and on for almost a year WITHOUT using that thing.

Tossed the doors on my wife's bronco yesterday using that pin, and you are right. night and day difference when installing the doors!

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
After 2 years, I finally took the doors off of my basemansquatch and I wish I did it sooner... the driving experience is way more fun than I was expecting - feels like youre driving the sickest golf cart ever. The reason I waited so long to remove them was that I read somewhere that it's no different, people do it for show etc. however, the feeling I got when they're off is closer to riding a motorcycle. The freedom and ease of jumping in and out without a door is awesome. One issue though - putting the doors back on. I needed to get it washed today, so I put the roof back on, attempted the doors but it wasnt as easy as taking them off. I chipped the paint and Im now heading to youtube because I cant find anyone else on here whos experienced the same - nothing comes up when i search. The doors were making a hard clicking sound when it looked like I had one on, both attachments were flush etc., kept trying to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
You can wash without a top or doors. I've done it for years.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Actually was gonna run out and grab that with the coupon that expires today lol. Can probably fab something up to secure the doors easily. Other option is a motorcycle lift with flat "floor" but same concerns on height and holding the door...with the bag for protection and the only real lift / drop needed of about an 1" or so I think it could work without any additional stabilizers for the door.

OP
OP

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have chipped the paint on both of my 2 doors, bent my alignment pin, and dropped my passenger door (slightly bent but not broke the corner of it). Definitely learned the hard way what not to do, but it is soooo worth it! The feeling of driving down a country highway with your foot sticking outside, nothing like it!

OP
OP

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hard clicking sound when opening or closing the door means you didn’t have it on flush or the bolts aren’t fully tightened. The doors have to be put on at a certain weird angle or otherwise they won’t sit properly. This is due to the way the bolts are shaped and designed.

I definitely recommend putting the doors back on over a soft surface like grass or an old mattress with the door cover if you have one still partially on before the door is fully lined up properly on the bolts just in case you drop it.

The doors will be easily damaged if dropped also especially on a hard surface due to the material they are made out of.
Youre right man - the clicking went away once i attached/tightened the bolts … i had it right the first time but didnt even attempt the bolts because of the sound. Thanks again!

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yup that works great for me. The downside are that the wheels done have locks and it slides all over the place. Mine is perfect height for SAS more of a lift would be a problem.
Gonna go for it - if it's too short for my Braptor I'll increase the caster size by a bit, maybe line the cradle with some high density foam as well. Some taller urethane casters might do the trick, had to do something similar for my motorcycle stand.

AmbyMc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Problem for me is that the Ford alignment pin is too short.

Single person install, I come in at a slight angle to get the lower hinge over the guide pin with little problem but then when I lift just a bit to get the upper hinge in place the lower hinge comes off the guide pin. Creating a longer guide pin fixed the problem. Now while I'm fighting to line up the top hinge I don't lose the lower body to lower door portion.

I bought an M8x1.25x45mm bolt (cost $2 for 2 bolts). Cut off the bolt head and use this as the alignment pin (45mm is a bit overkill).

As mentioned in this thread, this product looks like it should fix this problem (along with quicker installs):
https://www.amazon.com/Bronco-Hinge-Alignment-Removal-Installation/dp/B0CKC3MBW6

Also, during install, I duct tape the wiring harness to the middle of the door to get it out of my eye line while lining up the lower hinge.

bronco alignment pin.jpg

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Problem for me is that the Ford alignment pin is too short.

Single person install, I come in at a slight angle to get the lower hinge over the guide pin with little problem but then when I lift just a bit to get the upper hinge in place the lower hinge comes off the guide pin. Creating a longer guide pin fixed the problem. Now while I'm fighting to line up the top hinge I don't lose the lower body to lower door portion.

I bought an M8x1.25x45mm bolt (cost $2 for 2 bolts). Cut off the bolt head and use this as the alignment pin (45mm is a bit overkill).

As mentioned in this thread, this product looks like it should fix this problem (along with quicker installs):
https://www.amazon.com/Bronco-Hinge-Alignment-Removal-Installation/dp/B0CKC3MBW6

Also, during install, I duct tape the wiring harness to the middle of the door to get it out of my eye line while lining up the lower hinge.

Ford Bronco Doors Off - Issues putting them back on bronco alignment pin
Thank you for sharing! I'd never seen or heard of those pins you posted but it sure does seem like they'd make it much easier to relocate those doors. Once I realized that link was for the 4-door version ($89) I looked a little deeper and saw they have a 2-door ($69). For only a $20 savings I think it's better to buy the 4-pack to have "spares" or share with a friend. I like the door storage carts I saw, too.
Sponsored