First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After 2 years, I finally took the doors off of my basemansquatch and I wish I did it sooner... the driving experience is way more fun than I was expecting - feels like youre driving the sickest golf cart ever. The reason I waited so long to remove them was that I read somewhere that it's no different, people do it for show etc. however, the feeling I got when they're off is closer to riding a motorcycle. The freedom and ease of jumping in and out without a door is awesome. One issue though - putting the doors back on. I needed to get it washed today, so I put the roof back on, attempted the doors but it wasnt as easy as taking them off. I chipped the paint and Im now heading to youtube because I cant find anyone else on here whos experienced the same - nothing comes up when i search. The doors were making a hard clicking sound when it looked like I had one on, both attachments were flush etc., kept trying to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard clicking sound when opening or closing the door means you didn’t have it on flush or the bolts aren’t fully tightened. The doors have to be put on at a certain weird angle or otherwise they won’t sit properly. This is due to the way the bolts are shaped and designed.

I definitely recommend putting the doors back on over a soft surface like grass or an old mattress with the door cover if you have one still partially on before the door is fully lined up properly on the bolts just in case you drop it.

The doors will be easily damaged if dropped also especially on a hard surface due to the material they are made out of.

Last edited:

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I put my doors back on for the first time, they clicked loudly when I operated them. I had to make sure the bolts were both tightened fully. I had to go back and retighten a few weeks later as well. Clicking went away

OP
OP

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hard clicking sound when opening or closing the door means you didn’t have it on flush or the bolts aren’t fully tightened. The doors have to be put on at a certain weird angle or otherwise they won’t sit properly. This is due to the way the bolts are shaped and designed.

I definitely recommend putting the doors back on over a soft surface like grass or an old mattress with the door cover if you have one still partially on before the door is fully lined up properly on the bolts just in case you drop it.

The doors will be easily damaged if dropped also especially on a hard surface due to the material they are made out of.
thx man!
When I put my doors back on for the first time, they clicked loudly when I operated them. I had to make sure the bolts were both tightened fully. I had to go back and retighten a few weeks later as well. Clicking went away
thx man! i didnt get to adding the screws - i just tried moving the door when i thought it was on correctly before screwing it on and that noise threw me off that they werent on correctly. You think if i just added the screws and tightened it would go away? Ill try the angle i think youre talking about tmrw - i opened the doors to my other bronco to see where they stopped and it looked like 45 degrees.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

thx man!

thx man! i didnt get to adding the screws - i just tried moving the door when i thought it was on correctly before screwing it on and that noise threw me off that they werent on correctly. You think if i just added the screws and tightened it would go away? Ill try the angle i think youre talking about tmrw - i opened the doors to my other bronco to see where they stopped and it looked like 45 degrees.
Yeah once you get the angle right and have it seated on the alignment pin, put the bolts in and tighten well. Fixed my clicking sound immediately.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is the Ford instruction video.

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pulled my doors for the first time last week. Was super paranoid about damaging the paint. The video above has the key points. Use the little rubber pieces to protect the paint and take your time.

Having a four door, I started install with the rear doors to get comfortable with the process- less likely to damage the paint here and they go on super easy.

I found the storage bags were great when removing the doors, but a hassle when trying to install them. The bag moved around alot and my grip was suspect. Two people make it easier, but taking your time and using the little alignment tool was the best route for me.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, someone in this group wisely told me to order some of this for the next time I take them off - just run some of this the full length of the gap.

https://a.co/d/cniLm5t

Sponsored

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hard clicking noise would be the top bolt isnt tight enough and is not engaging the door stop mechanism.. give it a little more oomph

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another reason I’ll never my doors off

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shameless plug to always use the alignment pin that Ford gives you when re-installing the doors. It's night and day in terms of difficulty level. I can't imagine not using it when putting the doors back on (seems like a nightmare).

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To me the biggest issue with the 2 door is wingspan, as the doors are longer you almost need to have a 75" wingspan to ballance and be able to guide in the pins. My solution is get GenZ'er out of the basement and have him hold one end and i can guide the other.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
M-B GLE53 AMG,, Ducati XDiavel, Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor