First Name
Xenu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've only had my Bronco Badlands for 2 weeks, so I don't have enough data points to confirm how well they work, but my Tesla's auto high beams were too reactive when first released and I mentioned to my wife that I would pull myself over if I saw that kind of erratic low beam/high beam/low beam nonsense. Tesla subsequently adjusted the algorithms via an over-the-air update so now their auto high beams are more conservative and occasionally you even have to engage them manually to turn them on. I wonder if Ford could smooth this out with an over-the-air update as well?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone mentioned earlier about people not having their lights on in the rain (during the day).
Am I crazy or does the Bronco automatically turn the lights on when you have the wipers on for like 30 seconds?
My old Dodge did that.
You aren’t crazy. The lights will come on with the wipers after 30 seconds or so.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s my understanding that the fade from dim to bright is a setting that in earlier Broncos (pre 2023?) is set to off. In those models, the brights are either on or off (no fading transition). Forscan does allow you to change this behavior, however.
I have an early-ish 21 and I don't recall seeing it ever fade. It been a long time since I drove at night though.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a former sheriff's office employee I can tell you that in our small town and mostly rural areas everyone gets pulled over after 2am, especially if you're within a couple miles of the bar or the strip joint. If a deputy observes a vehicle with high beams going on an off a lot then that would also cause them to at least stop you and check. We don't have many businesses that stay open until 2am so there are very few good reasons for people to be out at that hour and a high likelihood of bad activity.

As for the explorers that law enforcement uses, those are interceptor models that generally have most of the nanny stuff disabled.
Small town, 2 AM, low chance that anything good is happening is not nor will it ever be sufficient Reasonable Suspicion to detain, period. Your agency could stand to increase its professionalism and adherence to constitutional policing.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is that a new federal safety requirement?
I’m not 100% sure on that. While a lot of manufacturers probably have it now, I don’t believe it’s a requirement yet.

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have an early-ish 21 and I don't recall seeing it ever fade. It been a long time since I drove at night though.
Same here, that's why I question it.

I drive often at night, and I could have sworn the high beams pop on with the auto feature same way they do if I hit the button. But I have never looked for them to fade up nor had I heard of that before this thread. But in practice I could have sword they are either on or they are off... again based on what it seems like with the reflections on street signs.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, that's why I question it.

I drive often at night, and I could have sworn the high beams pop on with the auto feature same way they do if I hit the button. But I have never looked for them to fade up nor had I heard of that before this thread. But in practice I could have sword they are either on or they are off... again based on what it seems like with the reflections on street signs.
I'm almost certain the auto off is instant, I recall a very sharp transition. Auto on is what I can't remember, maybe it does fade on.

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5, 2019 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Folks you all can skip the commentary, your constitutional opinions are neither relevant nor accurate. I was pointing out to the OP that it’s not unusual to get pulled over in the scenario they described.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that a new federal safety requirement?
I don't think so, I think there is a setting that says "headlights on with wipers" and you have to be in "auto" headlight mode for it to work.

And my '22 badlands with lux fades to high but cuts off to low.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've flashed a few cops with mine here and there but never got pulled for it. My mustang had that too and I was sure I was going to get stopped for it. Never did.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've flashed a few cops with mine here and there but never got pulled for it. My mustang had that too and I was sure I was going to get stopped for it. Never did.
Never should have.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s my understanding that the fade from dim to bright is a setting that in earlier Broncos (pre 2023?) is set to off. In those models, the brights are either on or off (no fading transition). Forscan does allow you to change this behavior, however.
I have a '22 Badlands with the Lux package. I'm thinking this behavior probably is related to signature lighting.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've only had my Bronco Badlands for 2 weeks, so I don't have enough data points to confirm how well they work, but my Tesla's auto high beams were too reactive when first released and I mentioned to my wife that I would pull myself over if I saw that kind of erratic low beam/high beam/low beam nonsense. Tesla subsequently adjusted the algorithms via an over-the-air update so now their auto high beams are more conservative and occasionally you even have to engage them manually to turn them on. I wonder if Ford could smooth this out with an over-the-air update as well?
What is scary in your story is that Tesla heard you complain to your wife and because of that listening in they updated your vehicle.

It will be scarier still if Ford updates your Bronco because you posted about it
Sponsored