Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My son bought a '24 5.0 mustang. He drove it up from Tenn so it had some break in miles on it. I did a hard launch or two with it in regular drive. I could feel the computer/throttle hold it back to keep the tires from spinning much up until about 35 then it hit HARD an before you know it you're doing 80. A tune might improve that low end but also might make it too easy for it to get away from you. I had a '97 cobra with a Kenne Belle blower on it an that 5.0 would walk it if we lined up.
Yeah my 5 second runs were with spinning all in first gear until the 1-2 shift
Sponsored

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Put it in manual mode and let the boost build from a low RPM in 8th gear. Seeing a peak of 19.7 psi

This is with Ford Performance Tune, Injen CAI, and TS Dual port BOV

Last edited:
OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did my 0-60 and 1/8 mile with the addition of Injen CAI and Turbosmart BOV. No real improvement flat out, but in day to day driving I noticed a solid improvement in midrange power. Think iā€™m gonna need more boost plus an intercooler for it to make a substantial difference. I'll disconnect the negative battery cable for an hour to see if that helps.

E30 nextā€¦

Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread IMG_0222
Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread IMG_0223

Last edited:

B22-2023

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1977 Bronco, 2023 T4R TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice ride! Looks like you have a bunch of performance mods. Be curious to see what an actual Dragy run shows. You can pick one up for a little over $100

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1343028181...L5ZUktaTG-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Good idea Iā€™ll pick one up and post results.
dude, where's the rock lights and spot lights on the steering knuckles? :p what bug deflector is that with the 5 ambers in it? bumper light bar amber or white? point me in the direction of pics of this christmas tree with wheels in the daylight, i wanna see. also, you want to sell me your '76?
Yeah itā€™s a lot of lights. Great for night trails. Iā€™ll post a full build list and pics some other time. I sent you pics of my 77 going for sale. Iā€™ll post that on the forum soon too.

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I never reset the ECU when doing any of these upgrades, so I went ahead and disconnected the negative battery terminal for 2 hours. I also stopped by the gas station and put in 6 gallons of E85 and topped her off with 93. Going to put some miles on her and try again.

Also, just ordered a black CVF intercooler šŸ¤˜

After that, itā€™s the RaceChip, charge pipes and exhaust. Then I should be done with performance mods until I go custom tune.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I made an interesting discovery looking through the Dragy leaderboard within the app. Not sure if anyone remembers, but the first custom "tuned" Bronco was done by International Dyno authority. They added a K&N CAI and custom tune to a Big Bend 4dr soft-top with a 2.7L.

Here's the run:

0-60 = 5.51
1/8 Mile = 9.01
1/4 Mile = 13.99
60 Ft = 2.20

Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread 1704725813516

Now take a look at the profile picture and location:

Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread 1704725893269

Look familiar?

Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread 1704725909217

Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread 1704726333119

The numbers are impressive, but I was expecting more from a Bronco with 400 HP & 500 TQ at the wheels. I assume the had a rough launch, as the 60ft times are not great. I would think this Bronco could hit 0-60 in under 5 seconds and do the 1/4 mile in low 13's. Well...I'm sure it's a beast from a roll. It also holds the number one spot for 1/4 mile and 2nd best 0-60 time, though they didn't upload the individual result.

B22-2023

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1977 Bronco, 2023 T4R TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I never reset the ECU when doing any of these upgrades, so I went ahead and disconnected the negative battery terminal for 2 hours. I also stopped by the gas station and put in 6 gallons of E85 and topped her off with 93. Going to put some miles on her and try again.

Also, just ordered a black CVF intercooler šŸ¤˜

After that, itā€™s the RaceChip, charge pipes and exhaust. Then I should be done with performance mods until I go custom tune.
See what kind of general driving mileage you get on average - Iā€™m getting 12.5 mpg (using correct tire size in FScan) . Same as my stock w/Pedal Commander 2018 F-150 so whatever -but Iā€™m not getting 18-22 mpg like a lot of guys post!

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has definitely come down quite a bit after downpipes and such. But I think itā€™s more related to the behavior of my right foot more than anything. I can still get up into the 18s+ on backroads where itā€™s gentle throttle inputs and moderate speeds.

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take from a guy who kicked a whole 'lotta gears in Fox bodies, these new fly by wire setups make it darn near impossible to "feather" the throttle like the old days of cable operated throttle. At least that I have found. I have always tended to "two foot" it while driving off road. It preloads the suspension, easier on parts and keeps the "lurching" to a minimum. The problem I found out, quite quickly, it is hard to "foot brake" the Bronc. I get a warning on the screen about power reduced due to brake being applied. So the first thing I found is those of us with 2.7s have this thing called Trail one pedal. In 4H or 4L. same button as Trail Control (trail cruise control) you will see a foot on a pedal indicator on the IP. This feature mimics your foot on the brake pedal all you need to do is modulate the throttle. Keeps that lurching to a min. Push on the gas slowly and the Bronc creeps forward. As soon as you leave off it will slow to a stop. Quite a nice feature, to me a two foot off roader.

I believe if you defeat the TC(by holding the button for 5 seconds) you may be able to "two foot" the Bronc then. How else do I see people power braking it to burn rubber. or give it the 4 wheel drift. Thats something I'll try later. For now, the Trail One Pedal works for me.
I cannot imagine why anyone would try to power brake these things. power braking = $ breaking

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MPG watch is a myth for me :) I jumped ship on that boat when I went to 37's. That said I do manage 14~15 in the city when I am not mashing the verticle pedal on the right. As I told someone else, I will see where my mileage ends up, as I feel with my current setup, Jessabelle is working more efficiently.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did my 0-60 and 1/8 mile with the addition of Injen CAI and Turbosmart BOV. No real improvement flat out, but in day to day driving I noticed a solid improvement in midrange power. Think iā€™m gonna need more boost plus an intercooler for it to make a substantial difference. I'll disconnect the negative battery cable for an hour to see if that helps.

E30 nextā€¦

Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread 1704726333119
What does your oil temp. look like during the pulls? When I exercise the turbos, even low boost, the oil temp spikes quickly and takes a bit to cool. Thanks.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I cannot imagine why anyone would try to power brake these things. power braking = $ breaking
From my experience it doesn't. If anything it will preload the suspension and will keep things from breaking by preloading the suspension. I'm talking about it applying pressure to the drivetrain and keeping it from being "shocked" and then leading to breakage. Before "traction control" it would help get you out of the dreaded three wheel no locker situation.

This is a very involved subject and not one I will clog up this thread with, @MWILD would not like that. If you do not understand what I am trying to explain try a google search.

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What does your oil temp. look like during the pulls? When I exercise the turbos, even low boost, the oil temp spikes quickly and takes a bit to cool. Thanks.
Under 200 degrees. Right around 190-195

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Under 200 degrees. Right around 190-195
Thatā€™s really cool. Iā€™m between 185-195 around town and 200ish at 75mph+ on the highway. If I romp on it locally, itā€™ll spike upwards of 215+/-. Are you running a 3rd party or modified oil cooler? The oil temp on this vehicle is one of my biggest concerns - itā€™s not managed well. The oil cooler should be more robust to accommodate the turbos.
Sponsored