Sponsored

Uncomfortable front seats! What is the solution?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can only change the seat back angle. Seat cushion angle change would be nice šŸ¤”
Yeah, the rear of the seat changes more than the front, but by the time youā€™ve changed the seat cushion angle enough, you might be on the floor and itā€™s just too low.

It sounds like the Seat Jacker may be the trick for you. If you try them, please post up and let us know if they help. I can manage to get my driverā€™s seat to be tolerable thanks to the lumbar adjustment, but if it could be better I wouldnā€™t complain. The right seat, however, has no lumbar and I hate it. Thankfully, I donā€™t have to spend much time as a passengerā€¦

dude, $80 for that. make it yourself
I was about to say the same thing... how TF are these $80? Bronco tax I guess...
I guess the shims are wedge-shaped to keep the bolt head square against the piece. This would be pretty hard to replicate without your own machine tools. Or you could just use plain bar stock with holes drilled in it, and donā€™t worry about the bolt going in at an angle, which is probably fineā€¦ šŸ’šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was about to say the same thing... how TF are these $80? Bronco tax I guess...
Some people don't have the spare metal, drill press, template dimensions, coating/paint, and bolts just laying around in their garage. Not to mention the time out of their lives to make this.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can only change the seat back angle. Seat cushion angle change would be nice šŸ¤”
The height adjustment changes the seat bottom angle. I am 6'2" but actually sit pretty high up, to flatten out the bottom.

Sponsored

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some people don't have the spare metal, drill press, template dimensions, coating/paint, and bolts just laying around in their garage. Not to mention the time out of their lives to make this.
I mean, a person who owns a CNC can charge whatever they want... but seat risers aren't a new idea to the Bronco platform.

I put them together myself on my old Skyline and M Coupe thanks to a DIY thread I found a long time ago.

You can accomplish the same thing with heavy duty washers. So you pull one of your bolts out, measure and figure out how much rise you want. Go to ACE hardware with your bolt, use their tool to determine bolt diameter and thread pitch... Then you get as many washers to make the thickness you want, then you buy bolts that measure OEM bolt length + height of the washers. Then you install.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Many people have already suggested these... I think I'll give it a try šŸ¤”
Check with Justin McBride's YouTube channel as he did a review of them (cliff notes - he recommends them). There was also an affiliate discount code that he provided. I'm not sure if it is still valid.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
here to pile on for seatjackers. 6'10", similar issue.

Sponsored

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ran into an issue with my driver's seat. Was fine for the longest, then I put my Viair compressor behind it on the floor. It ultimately moved under the seat which caused lumps. I removed it but it seems they are still there. I bought a seat cushion for the time being which helps. I figured the seat would have smoothed out by now.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I find my base with Katskinz (sp) to be as comfortable as my previous F150's. I'm 6'2" for reference. I had a Tacoma prior to the Broco and those seats and sitting position are awful. Added seat jackers and it didn't help at all. YMMV.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The height does change the seat angle? I really wish I could dip the front of the seat bottom cushion down just a little bit

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The height does change the seat angle? I really wish I could dip the front of the seat bottom cushion down just a little bit
You could raise the back of the seat using risers to do this, but I imagine you wouldn't want to add much in the back, maybe 1/4".
Sponsored