First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve been dealing with leaks since I bought it. I’ve tried to work with Todd but we’re at the “we’ve never seen that before” stage. If I tighten the back first, I get significant water in the passenger foot well. If I tighten the front clamps first, I get water in the headliner over the driver and on the seats. It’s my opinion the targa width is too narrow front to back. Also, the “gutter” at the rear of the targa/front main top is useless as it just runs water to the sides where it leaks internally. It’s resulted in the glue for the carpet lining getting wet to the point where it sagged. When I pushed it back up it held, but now looks like crap. I hope you’re able to find a solution for yours. I’m considering ordering another MIC when they’re available for this and various other reasons.
We've had some heavy rains here over the past week or so, and I experienced leaking on the front passenger corner (puddle of water in the floormat).
I tried adjusting the positioning of the targa, but only succeeded in creating a second leak on the driver side.
I reached out to Todd and he suggested making sure the Targa was snug at the back first, then latching the front.
(I also experienced the entire rear section headliner sagging on Friday, though it did not feel wet. The headliner on the targa section was fine. I pushed it back in place by hand and it's stayed so far).
Over the weekend, I loosened everything and made sure the rear section was good and tight, and pushed forward.
(I found some water in the rear area where the jack is stored at this time).
When I re-installed the targa, I could NOT get a tight latch on the front passenger side.
(I've got the bolt screwed in as far as it will go, but there is almost NO tension on it. I'll have to try the paper test).
Todd said there should be plenty of tension before maxing out the bolt, so now I'm wondering if the rear section is pushed too far forward?
Sorry others are experiencing this, but glad to know I'm not alone...

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
#3 is what I’ve been dealing with so far in terms of moisture. I’ve got the targa seated correctly as far as I can tell. I latch the back first and then the front, and they’re pretty tight. But last time i had some rain, at that front seal, I could still feel a small amount of moisture in the headliner when I shoved my fingers between there from inside. I need to check it again with the hose, but not sure if it will have changed. The headliner, no matter how much my latches are tightened, appears to be ever slightly visible from outside at the front seal, so I’m assuming that’s how it’s getting wet.
The front seal is designed to handle leaks. The top of the windshield has a drainage channel that is designed to catch any water and drain it away. This is also how the seal between the targa and the main part of the top works. Any leakage here should be drained away.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I have tried to verify @Panmort theory. I wrapped up the front part of the targa, so it covers the liner from touching the weatherstrip. Closed it, went out and used a pressure washer. After that left it outside under a rain (wasn't too heavy, but still). The result is definitely better. No moisture on or inside the weatherstrip and the duck tape is dry. So I guess something like the top has already (see a photo of the front part of the top without a tanga) could help. It's up to @Turn Offroad

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_9092

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_9091

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_9094

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_9093

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The front seal is designed to handle leaks. The top of the windshield has a drainage channel that is designed to catch any water and drain it away. This is also how the seal between the targa and the main part of the top works. Any leakage here should be drained away.
That makes sense, but my issue is I don't particularly want wet carpet (headliner) at the interior edge anytime I drive in the rain.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it does its work, the problem (see my post) is that the targa liner touches the seal and absorbs moisture.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully TOR addresses those issues.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Either they have a different pad or an angle thing.
See around 16:26.
We do not recommend going off this installation video as it shows incorrect processes of installing our rack on your vehicle.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've had some heavy rains here over the past week or so, and I experienced leaking on the front passenger corner (puddle of water in the floormat).
I tried adjusting the positioning of the targa, but only succeeded in creating a second leak on the driver side.
I reached out to Todd and he suggested making sure the Targa was snug at the back first, then latching the front.
(I also experienced the entire rear section headliner sagging on Friday, though it did not feel wet. The headliner on the targa section was fine. I pushed it back in place by hand and it's stayed so far).
Over the weekend, I loosened everything and made sure the rear section was good and tight, and pushed forward.
(I found some water in the rear area where the jack is stored at this time).
When I re-installed the targa, I could NOT get a tight latch on the front passenger side.
(I've got the bolt screwed in as far as it will go, but there is almost NO tension on it. I'll have to try the paper test).
Todd said there should be plenty of tension before maxing out the bolt, so now I'm wondering if the rear section is pushed too far forward?
Sorry others are experiencing this, but glad to know I'm not alone...
Mine front latches are almost maxed out too. Probably will bet maxed out after some time.

Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TrailRax Is it possible to use a thinner (foam or rubber) pad for our case?

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_9093
It is but the rack will have movement and you will hear rattling and have loading issues. We highly recommend using only our provided parts to assemble the rack, the foam will mold and fit itself to your Bronco over time, the foam will experience shrinkage in the cold and expansion in the heat, it is important that the foam has a bit to compress to get it installed to ensure proper seal and fitment.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We do not recommend going off this installation video as it shows incorrect processes of installing our rack on your vehicle.
Got it, but what about those photos above, do you have any concerns with this top and how it's placed?

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it, but what about those photos above, do you have any concerns with this top and how it's placed?
It is difficult to tell from the photos, we would not know until the rack is up there. It should not be an issue because we have had customers install our rack on this top before.
Sponsored