Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I suspect there will be some dimpled sheet metal on the hinge mounts behind the taillight.
Let me know exactly what you’d like to see and I’ll send some pics of that area 👍🏻
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suspect there will be some dimpled sheet metal on the hinge mounts behind the taillight.
Have you ever noticed how much your gate moves just from the weight of the spare? It’s more than I would have expected, and the service manual tells you to factor the movement in on adjustments. Things aren’t rigid back there, stock or improved. The gate is bolted to the tub, and it has flex too.

I doubt there were any effects to the sheet metal as it doesn’t bear any weight. I’d like to see the same thing done to a stock Bronco for comparison, but not mine. I don’t trust the OEM carrier or hinges for that.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So to be clear, if I have stock Sasquatch carrier and stock rubber tailgate bumpers with the icon wheels (minimal offset change at 25mm) then no need to buy the turn carrier just the brace?
Just my opinion here, but…
Your bumpers won’t be useable, but probably not needed anyway since the stress is on the support instead of the tailgate. If you have +25 offset with a Sasquatch carrier, it will have a little over an inch gap between tire and support. If worried about strength, get the Turn carrier, otherwise use your carrier and see if it’s worth the money moving the tire in less than an inch.

For reference, my above picture is one inch between tire and support.

0 offset, or really heavy spares I think you will need the Turn carrier.

Last edited:

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let me know exactly what you’d like to see and I’ll send some pics of that area 👍🏻
I would never lift the whole back end with a forklift but it is impressive. I would be worried in the areas where the angled hinge brackets mount to the tub. Taking a hard hit on the tire will do some major damage to your tub mount since it’s aluminum tub. Ever see the guy on here that sent her through a small dip and destroyed the rear tailgate?

IMG_7075.jpeg

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would never lift the whole back end with a forklift but it is impressive. I would be worried in the areas where the angled hinge brackets mount to the tub. Taking a hard hit on the tire will do some major damage to your tub mount since it’s aluminum tub. Ever see the guy on here that sent her through a small dip and destroyed the rear tailgate?

Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_7075
I will grab some pics tomorrow 👍🏻 stay tuned!

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_7075
I was adjusting those today. The tub does flex, like any other tub not cross braced. I had to adjust those mounts enough to factor in movement from the weight of the spare. The sheet metal though should be good with all the plastic pieces on the rear.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watched the video. Looks simple enough and answers some of my questions.

Any issue with the hinge brackets in the door coming loose like mentioned in this thread: Read this before installing a tailgate reinforcement | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
I had this very thing happen to me. You have to be very careful when you reinstall the bolts into the tailgate. The internal brackets are held in place by a thin strip of bent aluminum. It is very easy to push the internal nut plate out of place and it falls to the bottom of the door. The only way I could get mine repositioned was to drill a 1" hole in the side of the tailgate, fish it out, and epoxy it back into place. It was like building a ship in a bottle. Not recommended.

cobralsc

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mini / 01 Viper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I made the purchase this morning....got both the reinforcement and adjustable carrier.

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IMG_7075.jpeg

Sorry I didn't make it out there yesterday but here are the pics of that area. We did not see any dimpling and contrary to popular belief that part of the tub is actually steel. We stuck magnets to it just to triple check.

Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_8757.JPEG
Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_8755.JPEG
Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_8754.JPEG

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry I didn't make it out there yesterday but here are the pics of that area. We did not see any dimpling and contrary to popular belief that part of the tub is actually steel. We stuck magnets to it just to triple check.

Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_8759.MP
Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_8759.MP

looks good 👍🏻

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

CMunch

Badlands
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 4dr, non-sas, MIC top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the reinforcement installed this weekend. Another happy customer, she's beefy!

Curious if you have any plans for accessories/mounts in the works? Specifically, with the extra inch of space the reinforcement gives, feel like it could fit a high-lift jack 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got the reinforcement installed this weekend. Another happy customer, she's beefy!

Curious if you have any plans for accessories/mounts in the works? Specifically, with the extra inch of space the reinforcement gives, feel like it could fit a high-lift jack 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for purchasing from us and glad you like the carrier!

We are in the process of designing a bunch of different mounts for the tire carrier.

Right now we are working on CB antenna mounts, Jerry Can mounts, Molle Panels, and Rotopax mounts but we plan to continue and do jack mounts and have some other ideas in the works as well!
Sponsored