Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I'd say you're definitely not set in there with the main piece of the top. When I installed mine, I focused on setting the back in before slightly pulling the piece forward to fit in those top bolts. It seems weird at first, but that fiberglass will stretch a bit to line up with the top bolts. @Turn Offroad should be able to help you with any issues.
Thanks for the feedback, I'm gonna try to adjust it later today.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got my hard top in today and put the back on. I’ve got a couple of questions in terms of
fit, etc. it’s hard to tell from the first picture but that’s from the outside right behind the turn badge. I added a second pic pointing to about where the hole is.
The light part you see in the first pic is daylight that I can see from the outside of the top. It’s the same on the other side, as well. Is this normal or is my fitment off? I adjusted it to line all of the holes up, so not sure if I’m missing something or this is normal. I’ve also noticed the back driver side corner of the top ever so slightly shifts up when closing the tailgate.

Someone please let me know if I’m just being anal or I need to make an adjustment somewhere, haha.

IMG_4562.jpeg
IMG_4563.jpeg
Can you shoot some photos to us at [email protected] from further back so that we can see how the top is oriented on the vehicle?

Looks like something is off from what you're showing us here. My initial guess would be that it needs to be pushed further toward the front of the vehicle. Sometimes it gets hung up on the OEM rubber at the rear corners where the bottom of the window opening is and you've got to lift it over that rubber. 1/8" makes a huge difference regarding fitment if its too far back.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you shoot some photos to us at [email protected] from further back so that we can see how the top is oriented on the vehicle?

Looks like something is off from what you're showing us here. My initial guess would be that it needs to be pushed further toward the front of the vehicle. Sometimes it gets hung up on the OEM rubber at the rear corners where the bottom of the window opening is and you've got to lift it over that rubber. 1/8" makes a huge difference regarding fitment if its too far back.
Will do - I unbolted it for now and am going to reseat it later this afternoon once weather here clears up. If I still don't have it right I'll send over some pictures.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted to share my post-install thoughts. First off, Todd was great about any questions I had. I sent them an email and he called me pretty much right away to trouble shoot with me.

There’s a tiny gap at the bottom near the passenger C pillar, but they’re going to overnight a trim piece they use to eliminate that. Overall the fitment is good. I took it for a short drive and jumped on the interstate as well. I did not notice any rattles or squeaks coming from the hard top. I can probably tighten the targa section a little more, but I figured I'd wait since the latches will have to be adjusted anyway. The nuts on the latches took a little force to break them free, but after that, they were easy to turn and adjust the latch length.

Obviously I had a soft top before this, but I also had a headliner in that helped reduce some wind noise. The hard top is is definitely a step up in terms of being more quiet. There's no more vortex of noise coming from the back as you drive on the interstate and see your back plastic windows turning concave from the wind. You do notice more noise from the front of the vehicle like others have mentioned before, but it's not horrible and I think it's also partly a result of how the Bronco itself is plus being able to hear other noises more since the overall wind noise is down.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_4585
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_4588
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_4587
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_4586

IMG_4588.jpeg

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

turn todd any updates on the status of the rear window wiper.
I may have missed it.
Thanks , roger
My last response from Todd on the rear wiper/defroster.

"No change on delivery dates as of yet. Yes defrost/wiper is going to be a $499 upgrade."

Sponsored

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My last response from Todd on the rear wiper/defroster.

"No change on delivery dates as of yet. Yes defrost/wiper is going to be a $499 upgrade."
Do you know if the window is still going to be replaced if you buy this after receiving your hardtop? Mine looks like it is “prepped” to accept a wiper and washer nozzle.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know if the window is still going to be replaced if you buy this after receiving your hardtop? Mine looks like it is “prepped” to accept a wiper and washer nozzle.
I believe based on what Todd said there that it's offered as an additional option for purchase if you want to swap the window out if you've already received the top..

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe based on what Todd said there that it's offered as an additional option for purchase if you want to swap the window out if you've already received the top..
That’s how understood it too. Wasn’t sure if something changed. Looks to me as if the holes are already in the glass and plugged.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they said it’s gonna be a full glass replacement

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone experiencing any leaks? My experience so far, I've "luckily" caught a few rainy days.
  1. After a night under rain, I found a significant water leak in the trunk, including small puddles and wet areas. It was fixed by adjusting the rear glass (raising its position allows for firmer pressure on the weatherstrip).
  2. I found one more leak, due to a small gap between the top and weatherstrip (will fix soon by gluing it to the top).
  3. I see some moisture in the front part of the roof. When I press the liner, I can feel it and see the moisture. Not sure if it's just condensation or not. I opened it up and saw a lot of condensation-looking drops on the top metal part of the windshield. If I put my hand in the gap between this and the top, I would feel some moisture.
  4. Found some wetness and drops in the rear bottom corners of the top. Not sure how they get wet.
Numbers 3 and 4 are not a big deal, but my major concern is the liner, as it's like carpet. Will it dry fast, or will it develop mold over time?

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is anyone experiencing any leaks? My experience so far, I've "luckily" caught a few rainy days.
  1. After a night under rain, I found a significant water leak in the trunk, including small puddles and wet areas. It was fixed by adjusting the rear glass (raising its position allows for firmer pressure on the weatherstrip).
  2. I found one more leak, due to a small gap between the top and weatherstrip (will fix soon by gluing it to the top).
  3. I see some moisture in the front part of the roof. When I press the liner, I can feel it and see the moisture. Not sure if it's just condensation or not. I opened it up and saw a lot of condensation-looking drops on the top metal part of the windshield. If I put my hand in the gap between this and the top, I would feel some moisture.
  4. Found some wetness and drops in the rear bottom corners of the top. Not sure how they get wet.
Numbers 3 and 4 are not a big deal, but my major concern is the liner, as it's like carpet. Will it dry fast, or will it develop mold over time?
#3 is what I’ve been dealing with so far in terms of moisture. I’ve got the targa seated correctly as far as I can tell. I latch the back first and then the front, and they’re pretty tight. But last time i had some rain, at that front seal, I could still feel a small amount of moisture in the headliner when I shoved my fingers between there from inside. I need to check it again with the hose, but not sure if it will have changed. The headliner, no matter how much my latches are tightened, appears to be ever slightly visible from outside at the front seal, so I’m assuming that’s how it’s getting wet.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#3 is what I’ve been dealing with so far in terms of moisture. I’ve got the targa seated correctly as far as I can tell. I latch the back first and then the front, and they’re pretty tight. But last time i had some rain, at that front seal, I could still feel a small amount of moisture in the headliner when I shoved my fingers between there from inside. I need to check it again with the hose, but not sure if it will have changed. The headliner, no matter how much my latches are tightened, appears to be ever slightly visible from outside at the front seal, so I’m assuming that’s how it’s getting wet.
Yeah, I tightened them quite firm, to remove the wind noise (successfully) but moisture, not sure how to deal with it.
Sponsored