Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But the way, it bothers me. Wanna to put some glue there and close this gap.
Yeah I don’t like how much it’s pulling there, either. But any looser and then I don’t have a seal and more wind noise. So I definitely need to glue it.
Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a similar gap as you showed in the red circle. Not sure it caused the moisture. While I repaired my quarter glass, the glass shop gave me some soft black rubberish seal (maybe butyl?) and I just filled the gap.
Again, I don't have a clue whether it is the cause...
No that gap is just where it’s pulling on the windshield gasket, at least as far as I know. It also wasn’t the exact spot I could feel the moisture in the headliner. That was just a pic I had sent to TOR demonstrating how tight I had it.

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if I do it right, but here it is. The latches are quite tight I would say…

IMG_9064.jpeg

IMG_9065.jpeg

IMG_9066.jpeg

IMG_9067.jpeg
Looks pretty tight to me at this spot. I guess it is not the windshield gasket leakage then.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure if I do it right, but here it is. The latches are quite tight I would say…

IMG_9064.jpeg

IMG_9065.jpeg

IMG_9066.jpeg

IMG_9067.jpeg
See, in these closeups you can see the headliner exposed at the edge where it meets the seal. Mine is the same, and has to be the cause of the headliner being wet at the interior part where you can get your fingers at that edge.

Sponsored

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See, in these closeups you can see the headliner exposed at the edge where it meets the seal. Mine is the same, and has to be the cause of the headliner being wet at the interior part where you can get your fingers at that edge.
So your theory is the headliner just absorbs the rain/ moist inside?

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So your theory is the headliner just absorbs the rain/ moist inside?
That's what I'm thinking based on how mine looks and the pictures evgenyvasenev shared. I would think if the headliner is even slightly exposed / poking through there, the moisture will travel through the strands of carpet, moving to the interior. I could be wrong, but that's my theory.

I haven't done the same paper test, but with how tight my latches are, I'm sure it would be the same result as his videos. I can try it tomorrow to confirm.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I'm thinking based on how mine looks and the pictures evgenyvasenev shared. I would think if the headliner is even slightly exposed / poking through there, the moisture will travel through the strands of carpet, moving to the interior. I could be wrong, but that's my theory.

I haven't done the same paper test, but with how tight my latches are, I'm sure it would be the same result as his videos. I can try it tomorrow to confirm.
Yeah, I don’t think latches are the problem. They are quite right

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the issue is the weatherstrip, would this not be more of a Ford warranty issue vs. TOR? Wonder if Ford would push back since it’s an aftermarket hardtop, even though the weatherstripping is OEM.

Sponsored

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it makes sense. Let's wait for TOR's response.

If you want to test it, maybe dry the headliner and weatherstrip first and install the Targa. Put a damp towel over the suspicious 'leaking' edge for some time, and see if the internal headliner is wet again. Just my 2cents

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the issue is the weatherstrip, would this not be more of a Ford warranty issue vs. TOR? Wonder if Ford would push back since it’s an aftermarket hardtop, even though the weatherstripping is OEM.
I don't think it's wetatherstrips. It's hard to compare, but the soft top was fine. It just feels like the carpet absorbs some moisture.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been dealing with leaks since I bought it. I’ve tried to work with Todd but we’re at the “we’ve never seen that before” stage. If I tighten the back first, I get significant water in the passenger foot well. If I tighten the front clamps first, I get water in the headliner over the driver and on the seats. It’s my opinion the targa width is too narrow front to back. Also, the “gutter” at the rear of the targa/front main top is useless as it just runs water to the sides where it leaks internally. It’s resulted in the glue for the carpet lining getting wet to the point where it sagged. When I pushed it back up it held, but now looks like crap. I hope you’re able to find a solution for yours. I’m considering ordering another MIC when they’re available for this and various other reasons.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve been dealing with leaks since I bought it. I’ve tried to work with Todd but we’re at the “we’ve never seen that before” stage. If I tighten the back first, I get significant water in the passenger foot well. If I tighten the front clamps first, I get water in the headliner over the driver and on the seats. It’s my opinion the targa width is too narrow front to back. Also, the “gutter” at the rear of the targa/front main top is useless as it just runs water to the sides where it leaks internally. It’s resulted in the glue for the carpet lining getting wet to the point where it sagged. When I pushed it back up it held, but now looks like crap. I hope you’re able to find a solution for yours. I’m considering ordering another MIC when they’re available for this and various other reasons.
you all having the same problem is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling anticipating my top.
I hope tor can identify and correct the problem. funny though that these seem to pop up all at the same time on the forum. i wonder if there are other issues that haven't been brought up.
my date should be coming up and i hope everything is corrected by then. hope its a minor problem

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it makes sense. Let's wait for TOR's response.

If you want to test it, maybe dry the headliner and weatherstrip first and install the Targa. Put a damp towel over the suspicious 'leaking' edge for some time, and see if the internal headliner is wet again. Just my 2cents
I did this test
What other reasons? I am on the fence right now between the OEM and this. I really like the color and look but I am afraid of leaks and potential consequences of that as basically the whole internal surface is covered by carpet.
Sponsored