First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is anyone experiencing any leaks? My experience so far, I've "luckily" caught a few rainy days.
  1. After a night under rain, I found a significant water leak in the trunk, including small puddles and wet areas. It was fixed by adjusting the rear glass (raising its position allows for firmer pressure on the weatherstrip).
  2. I found one more leak, due to a small gap between the top and weatherstrip (will fix soon by gluing it to the top).
  3. I see some moisture in the front part of the roof. When I press the liner, I can feel it and see the moisture. Not sure if it's just condensation or not. I opened it up and saw a lot of condensation-looking drops on the top metal part of the windshield. If I put my hand in the gap between this and the top, I would feel some moisture.
  4. Found some wetness and drops in the rear bottom corners of the top. Not sure how they get wet.
Numbers 3 and 4 are not a big deal, but my major concern is the liner, as it's like carpet. Will it dry fast, or will it develop mold over time?
Could you please elaborate on how you adjusted the rear glass? have the same issue ?
"For numbers 3 and 4, I adjusted the hardtop to align it properly and then tightened the latch. This fixed the issue."
Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#3 is what I’ve been dealing with so far in terms of moisture. I’ve got the targa seated correctly as far as I can tell. I latch the back first and then the front, and they’re pretty tight. But last time i had some rain, at that front seal, I could still feel a small amount of moisture in the headliner when I shoved my fingers between there from inside. I need to check it again with the hose, but not sure if it will have changed. The headliner, no matter how much my latches are tightened, appears to be ever slightly visible from outside at the front seal, so I’m assuming that’s how it’s getting wet.
it’s how it always looks like. I dried it out a few hours before.

IMG_9058.jpeg

IMG_9059.jpeg

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you please elaborate on how you adjusted the rear glass? have the same issue ?
"For numbers 3 and 4, I adjusted the hardtop to align it properly and then tightened the latch. This fixed the issue."
Not sure what do you mean. 3 and 4 are in different places. 4 is in the trunk. 3 is in the front, I adjust it multiple times, not luck :(

Speaking of the glass, here is a quote from Todd:
The rear glass can easily be adjusted by loosen the bolts where the hinge bolts to the glass. If you open the hatch there is 1 allen bolt on each hinge. Slightly loosen to adjust and retighten.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMG_9058.jpeg

IMG_9059.jpeg
I’m curious if the headliner should have a buffer perhaps where it wouldn’t cover to the edge. Looking at the OEM, it has bare hard top in the area that is near the front windshield seal. I have the same concern you mentioned, the headliner staying moist and developing some sort of mold issue or something.

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is anyone experiencing any leaks? My experience so far, I've "luckily" caught a few rainy days.
  1. After a night under rain, I found a significant water leak in the trunk, including small puddles and wet areas. It was fixed by adjusting the rear glass (raising its position allows for firmer pressure on the weatherstrip).
  2. I found one more leak, due to a small gap between the top and weatherstrip (will fix soon by gluing it to the top).
  3. I see some moisture in the front part of the roof. When I press the liner, I can feel it and see the moisture. Not sure if it's just condensation or not. I opened it up and saw a lot of condensation-looking drops on the top metal part of the windshield. If I put my hand in the gap between this and the top, I would feel some moisture.
  4. Found some wetness and drops in the rear bottom corners of the top. Not sure how they get wet.
Numbers 3 and 4 are not a big deal, but my major concern is the liner, as it's like carpet. Will it dry fast, or will it develop mold over time?
About 4, have a car wash and see if you have a leakage spot around the quarter glass.

Sponsored

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMG_9058.jpeg

IMG_9059.jpeg
For this, can you do a test? Put a paper between the targa and weatherstrip seal. Put the targa on and see how hard it is to pull the paper out? If it is too easy, you may want to tighten the hatch (don't overtighten them though) This is what Cold told me about this using a 1 dollar bill.

BTW, can you post the front edge of the targa here? Is there any buffer/seal to the front where it touches the weatherstrip?

Last edited:

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For this, can you do a test? Put a paper between the targa and weatherstrip seal. Put the targa on and see how hard it is to pull the paper out? If it is too easy, you may want to tighten the hatch (don't overtighten them though) This is what Todd told me about this using a 1 dollar bill.

BTW, can you post the front edge of the targa here? Is there any buffer/seal to the front where it touches the weatherstrip?
This is what mine looks like for reference, also have the front moisture. Ignore the res oval.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_4601

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I do, what should I do? Right now the whole right panel is wet, the left one wet, but much less

IMG_9063.jpeg

IMG_9061.jpeg
Looks similar to what I experienced... Just slightly tab/push the top/bottom edge of quarter glass. If you find it 'pop' out, it is.

Just sent you a link about what I mean...

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this not "normal"? I thought the point of this is to channel water away, and would typically have some moisture here. Maybe I'm wrong?

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is this not "normal"? I thought the point of this is to channel water away, and would typically have some moisture here. Maybe I'm wrong?
I don’t think you’re wrong. But I think the possible issue here is the headliner gets wet since it covers all the way to that seal, so even if it’s a small amount of water, you’ve got wet carpet.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For this, can you do a test? Put a paper between the targa and weatherstrip seal. Put the targa on and see how hard it is to pull the paper out? If it is too easy, you may want to tighten the hatch (don't overtighten them though) This is what Cold told me about this using a 1 dollar bill.

Not sure if I do it right, but here it is. The latches are quite tight I would say…

IMG_9064.jpeg

IMG_9065.jpeg

IMG_9066.jpeg

IMG_9067.jpeg

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is what mine looks like for reference, also have the front moisture. Ignore the res oval.

IMG_4601.jpeg
I have a similar gap as you showed in the red circle. Not sure it caused the moisture. While I repaired my quarter glass, the glass shop gave me some soft black rubberish seal (maybe butyl?) and I just filled the gap.
Again, I don't have a clue whether it is the cause...
Sponsored