J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, I have tried to verify @Panmort theory. I wrapped up the front part of the targa, so it covers the liner from touching the weatherstrip. Closed it, went out and used a pressure washer. After that left it outside under a rain (wasn't too heavy, but still). The result is definitely better. No moisture on or inside the weatherstrip and the duck tape is dry. So I guess something like the top has already (see a photo of the front part of the top without a tanga) could help. It's up to @Turn Offroad

IMG_9092.jpeg

IMG_9091.jpeg

IMG_9094.jpeg

IMG_9093.jpeg
Good job!!! :sneaky:(y)

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
For this, can you do a test? Put a paper between the targa and weatherstrip seal. Put the targa on and see how hard it is to pull the paper out? If it is too easy, you may want to tighten the hatch (don't overtighten them though) This is what Cold told me about this using a 1 dollar bill.

BTW, can you post the front edge of the targa here? Is there any buffer/seal to the front where it touches the weatherstrip?
I was told $100 notes work better. Can you help me out and send 10 or 20 of them? I need to test the entire width of the windshield.

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was told $100 notes work better. Can you help me out and send 10 or 20 of them? I need to test the entire width of the windshield.
Sure. I was told we could test the tightness based on where it breaks between 0s. I recommend we try these :)
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE w700d1q75cms

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been dealing with leaks since I bought it. I’ve tried to work with Todd but we’re at the “we’ve never seen that before” stage. If I tighten the back first, I get significant water in the passenger foot well. If I tighten the front clamps first, I get water in the headliner over the driver and on the seats. It’s my opinion the targa width is too narrow front to back. Also, the “gutter” at the rear of the targa/front main top is useless as it just runs water to the sides where it leaks internally. It’s resulted in the glue for the carpet lining getting wet to the point where it sagged. When I pushed it back up it held, but now looks like crap. I hope you’re able to find a solution for yours. I’m considering ordering another MIC when they’re available for this and various other reasons.
Water from the gutter at the rear of the Targa should not be leaking internally. This water should end up in the side channels where it gets drained to the outside. Also water that leaks into the gutter at the top of the windshield get drained to the outside, not end up in the foot well. I wonder if you don't have something plugged somewhere. I haven't had any noticeable leaking, but I haven't been in any crazy hard rains yet.

Sponsored

TURN Todd

Outer Banks
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys. Regarding the targa. So I know we are working with a few of you on your issues with the targa. We have come to realize that its not an issue with the construction of the targa, but more of an issue of how we are telling you guys to install it. It is really more complex than we thought to the normal person that doesn't have a lot of experience with hardtops. Cole we be making a video of the correct installation of just the targa and show you how to adjust the clamps. Look for that video in the next couple days.

The C Pillar gap shown in a few pictures. If you notice that gap it is most likely with the door open. Once the door is shut you will notice any gap in that area and does not let any light, air or water in there. We have looked at the few people that have concerns and the top is trimmed correctly. While installing the top we recommend that you push inward in that area while tighten down the top. But sending the trim pieces will definitely help so you won't see light.

For the few customers having issues, we back our products! If any of you have an issue with your top we stand behind our product 100%. If you got a problem with your headliner, leaks, general questions, anything, call or email me (951-505-6437 [email protected]). Any issue you have, we will get it fixed. We will walk you through how to fix it or we will pay your local shop to do it so you don't have to. We know our construction of these tops are spot on, and we will back it up. If it comes down to it, we will fly Cole to an airport of your choosing and have him fine tune your hardtop installation in the airport parking lot. Customer satisfaction is what we strive for!

Again, thank you guys for your continued support!

Thanks
Todd

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys. Regarding the targa. So I know we are working with a few of you on your issues with the targa. We have come to realize that its not an issue with the construction of the targa, but more of an issue of how we are telling you guys to install it. It is really more complex than we thought to the normal person that doesn't have a lot of experience with hardtops. Cole we be making a video of the correct installation of just the targa and show you how to adjust the clamps. Look for that video in the next couple days.

The C Pillar gap shown in a few pictures. If you notice that gap it is most likely with the door open. Once the door is shut you will notice any gap in that area and does not let any light, air or water in there. We have looked at the few people that have concerns and the top is trimmed correctly. While installing the top we recommend that you push inward in that area while tighten down the top. But sending the trim pieces will definitely help so you won't see light.

For the few customers having issues, we back our products! If any of you have an issue with your top we stand behind our product 100%. If you got a problem with your headliner, leaks, general questions, anything, call or email me (951-505-6437 [email protected]). Any issue you have, we will get it fixed. We will walk you through how to fix it or we will pay your local shop to do it so you don't have to. We know our construction of these tops are spot on, and we will back it up. If it comes down to it, we will fly Cole to an airport of your choosing and have him fine tune your hardtop installation in the airport parking lot. Customer satisfaction is what we strive for!

Thanks
Todd
Never a doubt….

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks
Todd
Thanks for the help, much appreciated! Can't wait for all the fixes we discuss here! I have been waiting for a hardtop for 1.5 years :D

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Thanks
Todd
THATS WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Todd, looking forward to getting my notice that you are getting set to ship and you need money to proceed.
Roger

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
That makes sense, but my issue is I don't particularly want wet carpet (headliner) at the interior edge anytime I drive in the rain.
I think it is a wicking issue. TOR did fabulous job of rolling this top out and customer service has been great, but they do have some teething issues.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is a wicking issue. TOR did fabulous job of rolling this top out and customer service has been great, but they do have some teething issues.
For sure! Amazing work on the delivery! And honestly I am fine to be a beta tester for my own money and improve the quality :)

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully TOR addresses those issues.
I'm pretty sure they will. We need to be mindful this is a brand new product. Overall its pretty good but not perfect. We all know the issues with the OEM top.
Sponsored