Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it is a wicking issue. TOR did fabulous job of rolling this top out and customer service has been great, but they do have some teething issues.
I agree, overall it's great and they've addressed things so far.
Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Water from the gutter at the rear of the Targa should not be leaking internally. This water should end up in the side channels where it gets drained to the outside. Also water that leaks into the gutter at the top of the windshield get drained to the outside, not end up in the foot well. I wonder if you don't have something plugged somewhere. I haven't had any noticeable leaking, but I haven't been in any crazy hard rains yet.
I assure you, you’re incorrect. If the water gets past the seal at the rear of the targa, there’s nowhere for it to go but either port or starboard. When it does it gets to the area where the latches are…and falls. On the seats. At least on my top. As for the front gutter, there’s an area near where the drain hole is, if the water rate exceeds what it’s able to handle, the water spills past, runs into the airbag trim area, down the a-pillar plastic, behind the dash, across my VSS module wiring and onto the floor where the floor mat collects it…until it overflows.

I now have more rust inside my Bronco than outside, and live with a towel on my passenger floor. I’ll figure it out eventually or I’ll sell it to someone else more adventurous than I am and take the loss. I’m also running out of latch threads.

TraumaJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TraumaJoe Do you have the same issue?
I’m not sure how much it goes in, but it feels super secure and I haven’t had any issues with the RTT and awning…. I’m currently in Hawaii and Bronco-less…. I will look and take a picture when I get home.

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey guys,

Cole here. I apologize for the short hiatus but I am eager to resolve each issue mentioned over the past few pages. I believe that we are in contact individually with each person on this thread who is experiencing any kind of issue.

We've had enough time and experience now to put together a video for you of the most common causes of water intrusion or wind noise. Our hope is that this information provides a "Start Here" guide to troubleshooting the kinds of problems mentioned above.

@PEGB I apologize that your experience has been negative thus far and will do everything within my power to get this resolved for you. You'll be receiving a DM from me with my cell # so we can communicate more easily. If needed I will fly out to you and troubleshoot the issue in person.

Here's that video!

Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Cole. I’ll reach back out when I have resources to dedicate to more troubleshooting. It will necessitate the removal of my Trailrax, which will obviously take another level of planning. I also need to figure out a water source at the rental for more expedient testing.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys,

Cole here. I apologize for the short hiatus but I am eager to resolve each issue mentioned over the past few pages. I believe that we are in contact individually with each person on this thread who is experiencing any kind of issue.

We've had enough time and experience now to put together a video for you of the most common causes of water intrusion or wind noise. Our hope is that this information provides a "Start Here" guide to troubleshooting the kinds of problems mentioned above.

@PEGB I apologize that your experience has been negative thus far and will do everything within my power to get this resolved for you. You'll be receiving a DM from me with my cell # so we can communicate more easily. If needed I will fly out to you and troubleshoot the issue in person.

Here's that video!

Thanks a lot! QQ. Have you tried to replicate the moisture problem in the top?

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks Cole. I’ll reach back out when I have resources to dedicate to more troubleshooting. It will necessitate the removal of my Trailrax, which will obviously take another level of planning. I also need to figure out a water source at the rental for more expedient testing.
Let us know when you’re able to take another look and I’ll hop on a FaceTime call with you so that we’re looking at the same thing at the same time 👍

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks a lot! QQ. Have you tried to replicate the moisture problem in the top?
We have and haven't been able to replicate the issue with any of our testing tops so we are recarpeting a targa specifically to test this. (The headliner adhesive is drying as I write this)

If this turns out to be the cause of water intrusion we already have a simple and effective solution lined up that can be installed in a couple of minutes at home.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have and haven't been able to replicate the issue with any of our testing tops so we are recarpeting a targa specifically to test this. (The headliner adhesive is drying as I write this)

If this turns out to be the cause of water intrusion we already have a simple and effective solution lined up that can be installed in a couple of minutes at home.
Thanks! I am gonna wash my car on the weekend, will do my test without duck tape and see if it will become wet or not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks! I am gonna wash my car on the weekend, will do my test without duck tape and see if it will become wet or not.
If you’re going to be doing your own testing I’m happy to send you a sample of our potential solution. Two testers is better than one and we take customer feedback seriously. Shoot your address to me at [email protected] and I’ll get it off to you first thing tomorrow if that interests you!

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you’re going to be doing your own testing I’m happy to send you a sample of our potential solution. Two testers is better than one and we take customer feedback seriously. Shoot your address to me at [email protected] and I’ll get it off to you first thing tomorrow if that interests you!
Any possible way you could include me on this? I've been messing around with the same potential issue on my end.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, just sent it

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any possible way you could include me on this? I've been messing around with the same potential issue on my end.
Absolutely. Please just shoot me an email at [email protected]. I’ll send it tomorrow.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs