J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Between the angle of the bend, the width of the slot, and the depth of the pocket, that was the best I could do at the time. I even tried to remove those black aluminum plates hoping to get it deeper, but that was a waste of time. Don’t do that.

IMG_0840.jpeg

IMG_0839.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

Ps. Notice the rust after two weeks being installed.
Just my personal experience, OEM + TrailRax has a similar problem. The angle of the bend is not perfectly aligned with the OEM angle, especially the corner. Using a thinner pad helps.
Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just my personal experience, OEM + TrailRax has a similar problem. The angle of the bend is not perfectly aligned with the OEM angle, especially the corner. Using a thinner pad helps.
I took my bracket and inserted it. The photo above shows it's not placed on the bottom part, is yours the same? As when I put mine inside, the look was similar but if it would be placed on the aluminium bracket instead of in the middle, it holds quite steady. See the photo, the line is where TURN bracket is. Almost the whole. But I agree, a less shallow pocket would be better.

IMG_9080.jpeg

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ot do you mean the OEM top has the same problem?

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just found why the rear part was leaking. Basically the top is not tight enough so it has a hole between the body and the top. The driver side less, the passenger more. So I need to cover it somehow an potentially put some weatherstripping under the top as well. Does someone know what would work fine on the carpet?

IMG_9074.jpeg

IMG_9076.jpeg

IMG_9079.jpeg

IMG_9083.jpeg

Sponsored

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I took my bracket and inserted it. The photo above shows it's not placed on the bottom part, is yours the same? As when I put mine inside, the look was similar but if it would be placed on the aluminium bracket instead of in the middle, it holds quite steady. See the photo, the line is where TURN bracket is. Almost the whole. But I agree, a less shallow pocket would be better.

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE IMG_9083
You haven't added the TrailRax pad. THat will make things worse.
Ot do you mean the OEM top has the same problem?
Yes, similar. You cannot insert the bracket to the end. TBH, I don't think it matters. After I installed the rack, I grabbed the long rail and I could shake the whole vehicle. It is pretty steady.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, similar. You cannot insert the bracket to the end. TBH, I don't think it matters. After I installed the rack, I grabbed the long rail and I could shake the whole vehicle. It is pretty steady.
I wonder if a thinner pad could help here. Or maybe it's not a problem at all? @TrailRax could you help us here and provide your POV?

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been dealing with leaks since I bought it. I’ve tried to work with Todd but we’re at the “we’ve never seen that before” stage. If I tighten the back first, I get significant water in the passenger foot well. If I tighten the front clamps first, I get water in the headliner over the driver and on the seats. It’s my opinion the targa width is too narrow front to back. Also, the “gutter” at the rear of the targa/front main top is useless as it just runs water to the sides where it leaks internally. It’s resulted in the glue for the carpet lining getting wet to the point where it sagged. When I pushed it back up it held, but now looks like crap. I hope you’re able to find a solution for yours. I’m considering ordering another MIC when they’re available for this and various other reasons.
I am just thinking about this. You may have tried this before.
Have you tried to match the protruding length of two front/rear latches?

If one side (driver or passenger) of the front/rear is shorter, then the opposite corner (passenger or driver) of the rear/front may leak.
You want to align the Targa like this.
|---|
|---|

Not
|-_|
|-_|
or
|_-|
|_-|

And one thing I noticed when I made the headliner is that the two rear latches are not symmetric. The passenger side is closer to the window. I don't know why TOR designs like this. I could be wrong here, I think the pulling force on each latch would be different then.

Last edited:

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just found why the rear part was leaking. Basically the top is not tight enough so it has a hole between the body and the top. The driver side less, the passenger more. So I need to cover it somehow an potentially put some weatherstripping under the top as well. Does someone know what would work fine on the carpet?

Todd (@Turn Offroad @TURN Todd) is helpful as usual :)

I have a piece of trim that mounts there actually. Yours must have fallen off or wasn't installed when the top was sent. I will get them from my Mexican warehouse this week and get them shipped out to you asap. Sorry about that.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Todd (@Turn Offroad @TURN Todd) is helpful as usual :)

I have a piece of trim that mounts there actually. Yours must have fallen off or wasn't installed when the top was sent. I will get them from my Mexican warehouse this week and get them shipped out to you asap. Sorry about that.
I have a less serious gap in that area, but he told me the same thing over the phone last week while going over the install. So hoping that will come in this week at some point.

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a less serious gap in that area, but he told me the same thing over the phone last week while going over the install. So hoping that will come in this week at some point.
My driver side has less gap but I hope it will come in pair for both sides

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My driver side has less gap but I hope it will come in pair for both sides
It's the same on mine, the passenger side is where it's the issue.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder as on the video it looks quite tight for OEM, I can’t even notice the foam pad.

IMG_9088.png